Chrome is a Google thing why would it be integrated into the settings when it's not made for BlackBerry?
    And why do so many people want google specific tools and apps for BlackBerry and get so upset that BlackBerry isn't google?
    You people do know google makes their own phone OS and BlackBerry IS NOT Google.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    Why do you keep answering the same question as to why BB only has 1% of the handset marketshare?

And why keep answering why BlackBerry is abandoning BB10 & going with an Android for the upcoming handset.
    Jerry A likes this.
    09-11-15 10:18 PM
    Did you try the APK that I uploaded? Link is in post #16.
    Yeah, I patched it and installed. No luck.

I'm on OS 10.3.2.2339, and patched Netflix 3.13.0 build 5107. Netflix reports device as Passport build 10.3.2.48.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:55 PM

I'm on OS 10.3.2.2339, and patched Netflix 3.13.0 build 5107. Netflix reports device as Passport build 10.3.2.48.

Posted via CB10
    Your Netflix build # is correct, it's the same as mine.
    In Passport App Permissions the Netflix # is 1.0.0.5107.
    Passport build is reported as 10.3.2.148 (I assume you just left out the "1" when typing).
    Now I'm just trying to think what might be different:

I assume you have the Chromecast app on your phone (version#38401) and it connects to your Chromecast dongle.
    I have Chrome browser on my phone and laptop.
    I created my account using the mobile app (when I was using my Note2).
    In your Netflix settings did you go to "Activate Device" and activate Chromecast? I guess that is what I did but honestly it was over a year ago so I don't really remember.

I'm just going by: "Eliminate*all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth." 'Sherlock Holmes-The Sign of Four'.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    09-12-15 04:29 AM
    Forget ChromeCast. Get a PTV3000 by NETGEAR. No wifi needed.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Only if one wants to mirror the phone. Might work as a last resort.
    09-12-15 07:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I may have found what the issue is. Go to BlackBerry Google ID app (Cobalts). Unregister your device. Make sure the patched Netflix is installed (signed in). Then register your device again. Try to connect to Chromecast with Netflix. Let me know what happens.

09-12-15 10:21 AM
    Only if one wants to mirror the phone. Might work as a last resort.
    Don't know why you would think it has to be a last resort? I've seen video reviews on it and it works perfectly and no wires. I contest it should be a first resort Thank you :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:37 PM
    Don't know why you would think it has to be a last resort? I've seen video reviews on it and it works perfectly and no wires. I contest it should be a first resort Thank you :-)

Posted via CB10
    To each their own.

09-13-15 12:57 AM
    Just a FYI Update: Finally installed the OTA BB10 update. I was putting it off in case it would stop Netflix from connecting with Chromecast. So I backed up my phone and went for the update. Happily Netflix, Hulu YouTube, G+, and several other apps still connect.
    09-13-15 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Useless for watching a movie.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:51 PM
    Useless for watching a movie.

Posted via CB10
    Why do You say that? If it mirrors your phone then it should work perfectly.

Since we can't put links in, copy this partial link and past it in YouTube search. You will get the video with a Q10 doing everything on the PTV3000. Enjoy!!

oCXjFjOmD78

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-14-15 at 07:51 PM.
    09-14-15 07:36 PM
    Why do You say that? If it mirrors your phone then it should work perfectly.

Since we can't put links in, copy this partial link and past it in YouTube search. You will get the video with a Q10 doing everything on the PTV3000. Enjoy!!

oCXjFjOmD78

Posted via CB10
    You say "should work perfectly", so you haven't tried it. Let me answer it for you. It doesn't. Screen mirroring is too jittery for watching a movie. Just a limitation of the Miracast technology.

Did you even try it before you said down with Chromecast and suggested this as an alternative?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:46 PM
    Apple isn't Google, and it makes its own OS, and has Google Services; the presence of such makes iOS more attractive, just like Microsoft services on Android is good for Android.
    And BlackBerry doesn't have anything to offer so BlackBerry users get nothing. Left out. I guess Chen needs something significant to bargain with. It's not security. They don't seem to care. They need a game changer. Something mind-blowing to get BlackBerry back where it should be and every app on BB10.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    09-18-15 10:57 PM
    You say "should work perfectly", so you haven't tried it. Let me answer it for you. It doesn't. Screen mirroring is too jittery for watching a movie. Just a limitation of the Miracast technology.

Did you even try it before you said down with Chromecast and suggested this as an alternative?

Posted via CB10
    Did you watch the video? Would you like another? Does your phone even play video?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:07 PM
    Did you watch the video? Would you like another? Does your phone even play video?

Posted via CB10
    Huh? What video?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 06:05 AM
    Huh? What video?

Posted via CB10
    Wow!! Obviously you only read half the posts eh!? Lmao!!

Past this in YouTube search: oCXjFjOmD78

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    First hand usage reports mean a lot. Thanks. I'll stay with Chromecast.

09-19-15 08:11 AM
    I'm going to come out and say I was 100% wrong. It's been a year or so since I tried miracast/dlna via my miracast unit for movies. I downloaded some movies onto my BlackBerry device, and they stream flawlessly to my TV via my dongle.

So if you don't want to be tied to subscription services, and want to stream to your TV, dlna/miracast works perfectly.

I apologize for my earlier misstatements. The technology seems to have come a long way.

Now the only catch is you have to have real movie files with no DRM, but I'm not gonna suggest how anyone should get those

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-19-15 10:01 AM
43 12