BB10.
    The usual trio of Chrome / Playbook App Manager / Development Mode as a preliminary to side-loading a .bar fiie (BBW, say) has stopped working (for me). At the "Manage Your Device Stage" I get the error message
    192.168.0.xx refused to connect.
    (xx varies with the device.)
    I've tried unhooking rehooking the router, clearing every possible cache - AND reverting to an older version of Chrome. (In the past this last strategy has provided the Solution - and more than once.)
    But nothing is working. I know there are only a few months left where this might matter, but it's annoying at this late stage.
    Anybody with a similar experience? And a solution??
    Thank you!
    05-08-21 04:13 PM
    BB10.
    The usual trio of Chrome / Playbook App Manager / Development Mode as a preliminary to side-loading a .bar fiie (BBW, say) has stopped working (for me). At the "Manage Your Device Stage" I get the error message
    192.168.0.xx refused to connect.
    (xx varies with the device.)
    I've tried unhooking rehooking the router, clearing every possible cache - AND reverting to an older version of Chrome. (In the past this last strategy has provided the Solution - and more than once.)
    But nothing is working. I know there are only a few months left where this might matter, but it's annoying at this late stage.
    Anybody with a similar experience? And a solution??
    Thank you!
    Just use DBBT. No dev mode required.
    05-08-21 04:45 PM
    This functionality will not disappear even if BlackBerry shut down their servers. It must be something local to your setup, perhaps a firewall setting, device reboot, enabling "Allow apps from other sources..."

The only other obstacle would be the Playbook Manager being taken off the Chrome store, but there might be ways to save a local copy. As mentioned above, software like DBBT doesn't need development mode.

BlackBerry server shutdown will mainly affect things like BBM, BES, BlackBerry ID etc. They have separate servers for software development and these only provide creation of debug tokens to speed-up/assist the development process by allowing the running of unsigned apps (in Development Mode) without having to be packaged. Debug tokens are valid for 30 days. Enabling development mode on the device allows external apps to issue special commands to the device, and this does not require communication with BlackBerry servers.

[brain fart deleted]

*EDIT: Sorry for the misinformation. BlackBerry's certificate is still needed to sign the app, but the signing tool can be configured to use their newer servers.

I strongly believe that BlackBerry will keep these developer servers running. They are being monitored even now, when very little software development is being done. They go down once in a while and are always brought back up. BlackBerry developers also follow Stack Overflow and have been bringing them back up if someone reports an outage. BlackBerry also has software development infrastructure for QNX, so I'm willing to speculate that they could simply ask BB10 developers to get accounts/certificates from there.
    Last edited by DidactiCOde-leo; 05-09-21 at 08:46 AM.
    05-08-21 05:37 PM
    Thanks for all commentary and advice.
    But .. .. DBBT? (Meaning? Sorry.)
    I get the same failure on a W7 machine as on W10. Suspect it's something "local" (domestic). And likely almost impossible to find. Grrr.
    05-09-21 12:27 AM
    Thanks for all commentary and advice.
    But .. .. DBBT? (Meaning? Sorry.)
    I get the same failure on a W7 machine as on W10. Suspect it's something "local" (domestic). And likely almost impossible to find. Grrr.
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/darcys-blackberry-tools-956835/
    05-09-21 11:23 AM