So we all know that Chen has blown another Nail showing his intention and his view about bb10 which he won't come out and accept or say in public but cowardly creatively backstab all the loyal BlackBerry 10 users by removing first 'whatsapp' and now 'Facebook' . I feel like so much fraustation anger and honestly speaking feels like blasting Chen with his pathetic ideas, I know can't bash someone but I can't control my emotion,

So what's next Mr chennny, remove bbm frm hub, or remove email from hub go ahead just close the handset division,

Wish the admin of this forum give me one chance to pour out all my anger for Chenny...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:37 AM
    Chen removed Whatsapp? That's news to me. I thought Whatsapp removed Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:39 AM
    If he can control third party developer Whatsapp's actions, clearly he can put in a fix for the American elections. So that's what's next.
    PHughes likes this.
    03-15-16 11:39 AM
    No one is forcing you to switch to the Priv. Please do not exaggerate. BB10 phones still work, however, they are limited in available apps.
    moyah8 and PHughes like this.
    03-15-16 11:40 AM
    If he can control third party developer Whatsapp's actions, clearly he can put in a fix for the American elections. So that's what's next.
    Chen, pretty please... Denise wants to win the Powerball!
    Troy Tiscareno and PHughes like this.
    03-15-16 11:40 AM
    BTW to the OP, I am not switching to the Priv. Keeping my red Passport.
    03-15-16 11:42 AM
    BTW to the OP, I am not switching to the Priv. Keeping my red Passport.
    So am I, but I am just so furious on what BlackBerry are doing ... !!!! Wish I can talk to Chenny on Real

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:44 AM
    As I have said in a different thread.

It's all about personal data, Facebook and WhatsApp.
    Blackberry may not be best a updating, but if they haven't got access to API's not there fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:47 AM
    They should build a extremly rare powerfull api for bb10 that exlite extreme super devs will build an app thats only possible with: a bb10!

Posted via CB10
    Xeak likes this.
    03-15-16 11:51 AM
    Bb10 is dead. Just curious what will Chenny next pipebomb

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:55 AM
    Wish the admin of this forum give me one chance to pour out all my anger for Chenny...

Posted via CB10
    This is your moment... go for it!

*disclaimer: please abide by the forum rules (ie: no swearing, or insults directed at other members... etc)

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-15-16 12:09 PM
    We will not go for priv if we decided to go to android there's many devices who beating the priv nexus 6P with marshmallow will kick the priv and will make sure that blackberry is dieing hardly

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:38 PM
    Where is the support? Is this is what BlackBerry promised?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:49 PM
    I know some people have serious feelings about their phones, but the best thing to do is look around and decide what your next phone will be.

Life is too short to be mad at Chen or worrying about whatever promises were made. Did Chen really use the word promise? Even if he did, are you going to hold on to hurt feelings or anger towards him forever? You don't even know the guy, so why waste emotion on him?????
    03-15-16 07:53 PM
    Received 2 mails those last weeks pushing me on the Priv, same forward you guys I guess?

I answered to the last one from BB France saying that if I really wanted Android, I would go allin with!!!

When the time of BB10 OS and my Passport don't cover my need anymore, I'll switch to the "less worth" alternative but surely not the Priv!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:07 PM
    Wrong!!! There is no need to move to the Priv. You want a good android phone get a Nexus 6P or a Moto X Play. That's the way I'm going and not looking back at BlackBerry ever. Not impressed with this short notice and poor decisions. BOOOoo....!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 10:13 PM
    As I have said in a different thread.

It's all about personal data, Facebook and WhatsApp.
    Blackberry may not be best a updating, but if they haven't got access to API's not there fault.

Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree. Apple's privacy consciousness certainly is in the same league, at least, as BBRY's (actually, probably better considering that BBRY is now in bed with GOOG in such a big way). The difference that FB and WA (actually, they're one and the same) can't afford to blow off iOS like they can BB10 because iOS actually has market share. BB10 doesn't.

If every BB10 user closed their FB and WA accounts, it wouldn't even be a blip on FB's and WA's P&Ls. That's how insignificant BB10's market share has become. The same can't be said for iOS, so Mark Zuckerburg can't push Tim Cook around like he can John Chen. And for this, I blame John Chen.

Consider this: Fundamentally, BB10 is arguably the best mobile OS out there. The problem is and always has been the "app gap," which admittedly John Chen inherited. But once BB10 was introduced, it fell to Chen to make sure that every possible app out there for iOS, and even more so for Android because it's s easy to do, was ported over to BB10 -- even if BBRY had to do it themselves gratis.

I'm not talking only about FB, WA, Twitter, and so forth. I mean literally every bank's, credit union's, brokerage house's, and retailer's apps. He should have done everything he could to make sure that BB10 users almost never came upon any company that offered a mobile app for Android or iOS that wasn't available for BB10, as well.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how good BB10 is, people who lay out money for smartphones want to be able to run apps; and as long as the only new apps coming out for BB10 were even more flashlight and farts apps, the OS was doomed.

The saddest thing about this is that practically any Android app can be made to run on BB10. I'm not even a BB10 developer, but I've more often than not been able to patch and repackage apps so that they were at least mainly functional on BB10. And if I were a BB10 developer, I'm pretty sure I could make almost any Android app works as well on BB10 as it does on native Android.

But I'm also a lifetime IT guy. Most users aren't; and you can't make money marketing even a splendid OS only to that niche market of enthusiasts who are willing to obtain, pore over, patch, and repackage APKs in the hope that maybe they'll work, more or less, when all is said and done.

In short, the FB and WA APIs are being pulled, and almost no one is building new apps for BB10, is because BB10's market share has become so small that we don't matter any more. And for that, I blame John Chen. Had be been as aggressive about porting apps over to BB10 as BBRY was about building the splended BB10 OS in the first place, we wouldn't be in this position.

Richard
    04-02-16 09:51 AM
    I don't feel being forced to use a PRIV at all still plenty Passport, Classic and Leap devices out there brand new and wildly available by carrier around the globe, just pick one and be happy with it, had a new Passport two month ago to accompany my one year old Classic and yeah getting a 2nd Classic on Monday as spare to be able to run this wonderful OS10 as long it serves me well.
    It's not that easy to persuade me to jump to a completely different OS like Android, which in fact is well known for being the worst OS to be trapped in, most malware is targeting Google droid... no way I would switch down to that crap.
    yep one of the reasons for using BB10 right from the beginning, iOS is no alternative for OS10, and just thing about the 60 odd payed app's, not going to waste on buying new app's just to see what another OS is looks like and if I would be able to cope with it.
    Going the Blackberry rout was a well thought move in the 1st place.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-02-16 11:36 AM
    I had to stop reading after you stated you blame Chen.

Here is where you lost me. Chen actually really wanted to make a turn around in the right direction for BlackBerry. Unfortunately, he can only do so much to.

If you really want to blame anybody, it has to lay on Mike and Jim. They ARE the ones who started the fall of BlackBerry!!!

They were awesome when they started but failed to adapt to the future. Times change but they didn't want to.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-02-16 11:48 AM
    Chen has not forced anyone to switch to Priv. Infact situation forced Chen to embrace android. Anyway I have two Passports with me + Z10 and Z30. These devices are legendary BB10 devices . Passport SE I am using regularly remaining are in my stock and shall be used at appropriate time . OS 10 will not die soon IMO.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-02-16 11:51 AM
    Chen has better build a better Android phone, because the Priv is way too large. A Galaxy S7 sized slab, with or without a keyboard (why not two identical models, one with, one without) would be ideal
    04-02-16 02:21 PM
    I don't think Chen is forcing anybody to do anything. Not that he could anyway... Blackberry, as a company, has tried to call on his clients to get the priv, and that's ok. Maybe you'll think is poor marketing, I certainly do. IMO you have to target new costumers. Trying to make your "base", who by the way owns already several devices of your brand, pay for a not that nicely finished 700 bucks Droid is not likely to do the trick. Anyway, blackberry is still one foot away from drawing, and as a business they have to survive, and to do so they'll cut whatever they see fit . Seems to me that the hardware division is done or very close to it, and it's sad for us because we love our toys, but blaming just Chen might not be realistic. I wonder how much real power this guy has in the current situation and how much heat is he getting from the board. Assuming that he has some evil plan and super crazy psychic powers aimed at making us buy a device we don't like is fine for fun, but a little too much for the guy.

Anyway, I love my z10, and the curve, and even the storm witch was kind of interesting. And if a can put my hands on a used passport I'll do it just to enjoy that amazing piece of tech. Putting my money on the priv, don't think so, to many doubts.

Enjoy the ride while you can fellows.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 07:03 PM
    It's Really unfortunate that bb10 has not sold well. But it's reality. There is not just room in this market for more than two OSs. There really isn't. We need to accept. The unfortunate part is that BlackBerry is so very slow in migrating it's DNA to another platform. It should either be committed or out. Chen appears to be a good manager. But he just has no vision at all for hardware. Neither does his Execs. For me, he should have hired a big fan, such as KM long ago to get good advice on this and to lead the hardware strategy. BlackBerry needs only three supersecure phones. All on android. There is now no choice. It hurts.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:11 AM
    I think the price tag holding customer from buying Priv. And lack of marketing. Anyway its no secret of what Chen's next move is.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:20 AM