Is it just me or is the response from the server when I press "Check for Updates" from within the Software updates settings screen much faster now (sub 1 second response time)? I tried it yesterday after some posters mentioned a time delay notification preventing them from checking twice within 24 hours and it was the usual 5 to 7 second response time.

I am on an AT&T STL100-3 with their latest official OS (10.1.0.2074)

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:07 AM
    Is it just me or is the response from the server when I press "Check for Updates" from within the Software updates settings screen much faster now (sub 1 second response time)? I tried it yesterday after some posters mentioned a time delay notification preventing them from checking twice within 24 hours and it was the usual 5 to 7 second response time.

I am on an AT&T STL100-3 with their latest official OS (10.1.0.2074)

Posted via CB10
    Im thinking its because no one is checking for updates and the server is not busy replying to update requests.
    12-24-13 09:44 AM
    Now it appears to take the normal few seconds the first time I touch the "check for updates" button, but any subsequent touch responds almost immediately. This indicates to me that the AT&T servers are now ignoring update checks once a first one is received within a certain time frame.

I really wish they spent more time getting 10.2 in our hands then devising ways to prevent us from repeatedly checking their servers. This should be an indication of higher demand for them.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:38 PM
    What you are experiencing is called Software Update Syndrome aka 'SUS' we've all had and will get it ( fiending) for and waiting on these Updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:28 PM
    Now it appears to take the normal few seconds the first time I touch the "check for updates" button, but any subsequent touch responds almost immediately. This indicates to me that the AT&T servers are now ignoring update checks once a first one is received within a certain time frame.

I really wish they spent more time getting 10.2 in our hands then devising ways to prevent us from repeatedly checking their servers. This should be an indication of higher demand for them.

Posted via CB10
    10.2 was released long ago, they are working on 10.2.1.

Speak to your network provider if you want 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:28 PM
    I am more and more certain that they (AT&T) have implemented the 24 hour block on re checking for updates. It has been 12 hours and when I checked this morning it instantly responded instead of taking a couple of seconds.

I don't usually check this frequently except there was some noise in the forums about AT&T releasing 10.2 to a select few here in the US over the last couple of days. I have a couple of days off and even downloaded the latest leak, but have been hesitant to pull the trigger on installing it as this is my everything phone (work and personal), and I can't have it partially functional while i'm working... also been writing down all my Password Keeper entries just in case before installing the PK leak with import/export functionality (can't afford to lose those) .

Merry Christmas!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:56 AM
    10.2 was released long ago, they are working on 10.2.1.

Speak to your network provider if you want 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    "They" is referring to AT&T in this case, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:58 AM