Hi all,

So the last few weeks I've noticed an issue with my Passport and my charging cables.

I only use BB original branded cable and bricks but I've noticed a few of these new ones don't register with my Passport. I'm getting an error messaging say it doesn't recognize it.

These are new cables and bricks. My one well used one is working.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-21 09:38 PM
    Hi all,

So the last few weeks I've noticed an issue with my Passport and my charging cables.

I only use BB original branded cable and bricks but I've noticed a few of these new ones don't register with my Passport. I'm getting an error messaging say it doesn't recognize it.

These are new cables and bricks. My one well used one is working.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like your charge port is wearing out.
    06-16-21 05:14 AM
    Sounds like your charge port is wearing out.
    Yes, a loose connection with the charge port can develop over time. A possibility.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-21 12:42 PM
    I guess what I'm wondering is why would an existing charger and even my cigarette lighter work but not new ones?

I do plan on keeping my Passport as long as possible, anybody have an idea how easy it is to have a charging port changed or fixed? I would have a shop do the work. Is it easy to find parts?

Does the Passport SE support wireless charging? I can't recall myself.

Thanks and sorry about all the newbie questions.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-21 03:05 PM
    I guess what I'm wondering is why would an existing charger and even my cigarette lighter work but not new ones?

I do plan on keeping my Passport as long as possible, anybody have an idea how easy it is to have a charging port changed or fixed? I would have a shop do the work. Is it easy to find parts?

Posted via CB10
    The Passport SE does NOT support wireless charging (only the AT@T version does). Depending on how much your mobile repair shop charges, it may be cheaper to just find and buy another SE somewhere. The part can be difficult to source but check E-Bay or Alibaba.
    06-16-21 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe this is the part you're looking for.

https://www.esourceparts.ca/blackber...placement.html
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-16-21 04:09 PM
    Thanks to all who have assisted in this thread. Much appreciated!!

I'd thank and like the posts, but the CB app for BB 10 doesn't work well these days.

Anybody else notice there hasn't been any updates lately on the front page?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-21 05:23 PM

I'd thank and like the posts, but the CB app for BB 10 doesn't work well these days.

Posted via CB10
    The like feature still works on the app - not sure about the front page updates but then again there have not been many articles lately?
    06-16-21 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    There’s nothing to update is likely the root cause
    06-16-21 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    A theory: they don't make them like they used to. Your port still works enough to work with a better USB connector but NOT a garbage one coming out of China where they always look for corners to cut.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-21 01:29 AM
    A theory: they don't make them like they used to. Your port still works enough to work with a better USB connector but NOT a garbage one coming out of China where they always look for corners to cut.

Posted via CB10

Although I would have to agree with you in general terms, it does appear that the BB branded cables and chargers are of good quality. Most, if not all of them were in the box for the devices I bought.

I'll try a few more and go from there. My other device don't appear to have this issue though.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-21 04:46 AM
    Although I would have to agree with you in general terms, it does appear that the BB branded cables and chargers are of good quality. Most, if not all of them were in the box for the devices I bought.

I'll try a few more and go from there. My other device don't appear to have this issue though.

Posted via CB10
    So your old BB cables don't work or just some of them? Or put another way, the only cables that work are some of the BB cables?

Maybe my theory still holds.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-21 10:46 AM