Hi, can you help us out? This is my scenario:

My gf's Q10 is acting up. So we decided to reformat/reload her Q10 via BlackBerry Link. You know, that reload software option in blackberry link to refresh the device, like starting with a new one. So she left me her Q10 BUT brought her sim card with her as she will use her spare phone while I'm fixing her phone. Now I'm on my computer, getting ready to do the reloading, when suddenly I realized "wait, after I finish the reformat of the phone, will it work without the sim card?"

So here are my questions:

1) will I be able to start the phone even if the sim card tray is different? Or will it start but it will require me to insert a sim card to continue?
    2) if for example I insert my spare sim card, then proceed with the set up of the phone for the first time, then I hand it out to my gf tomorrow, then she puts in her own sim card, will it reject her sim card, given that the phone recognized my spare sim card being the owner? Cause I remember how secure the blackberry is, and blackberry may reject the change of the sim card, we'll this happen?

3) so any suggestions on what I can do? Reformatting for another day is not an option as u have to give the phone back ASAP. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-23-13 07:52 AM
    A different SIM should not be a problem, but you don't even need the SIM for setup. Everything can be done over WiFi without a SIM installed.
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 08:04 AM
    Cause I remember in blackberry OS 7 that when you associate a new sim card to your phone, blackberry will block it and treat it as an intruder kind of a sim. So it's not like it here in blackberry 10?

11-23-13 08:27 AM
    Nope. It's safe to change Sim cards.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 08:35 AM
    Yes you can use different sim cards to set up the Q10 . You could also do it over wifi.
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 08:45 AM
    Thanks! You guys are great in helping a fellow bb user! And quick too

11-23-13 09:08 AM
    Cause I remember in blackberry OS 7 that when you associate a new sim card to your phone, blackberry will block it and treat it as an intruder kind of a sim. So it's not like it here in blackberry 10?

It wouldn't block the new SIM, just require you to put in your BlackBerry ID password to confirm it really is your phone.

I am using a Z30 now without a SIM. It will not be a problem setting up her phone without a SIM as long as you have a wifi connection. You will not be able to setup the phone without either wifi or a cellular data.

If you are going to restore from a backup, you will also need to put her BlackBerry ID and password into the phone prior to restoring a backup of hers. If you are not restoring a backup, during the setup, you can skip the BlackBerryID login and have her do it when she gets the phone back.
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 09:35 AM
    It wouldn't block the new SIM, just require you to put in your BlackBerry ID password to confirm it really is your phone.

I am using a Z30 now without a SIM. It will not be a problem setting up her phone without a SIM as long as you have a wifi connection. You will not be able to setup the phone without either wifi or a cellular data.

If you are going to restore from a backup, you will also need to put her BlackBerry ID and password into the phone prior to restoring a backup of hers. If you are not restoring a backup, during the setup, you can skip the BlackBerryID login and have her do it when she gets the phone back.
    Wow! That's great, ill do just that. Really appreciate it!

11-23-13 11:06 AM