Hi!

Just noticed I couldn't connect anymore to BBM in BBOS10 with my BBID which was already used in Android due this:

BBM – What Changed This Week and Why | Inside BlackBerry

At beginning didn't figure this out, and now (after a bit work configuring everything) I realized BBM will no longer work unless I change my BBID...

So...is there any way to make it without wipping all the data in the phone?

This is really "stupid" from BB...really...
    01-02-19 06:28 PM
    You will definitely need to wipe the phone to log in with your new ID. Have you ever backed up your device with BlackBerry Link before?
    01-02-19 07:42 PM
    Hi!

Just noticed I couldn't connect anymore to BBM in BBOS10 with my BBID which was already used in Android due this:

BBM – What Changed This Week and Why | Inside BlackBerry

At beginning didn't figure this out, and now (after a bit work configuring everything) I realized BBM will no longer work unless I change my BBID...

So...is there any way to make it without wipping all the data in the phone?

This is really "stupid" from BB...really...
    Nope
    01-02-19 10:58 PM
    best advice for this is backup then wipe...
    no other option

Posted via CB10
    01-03-19 12:34 AM
    Won't you lose everything you purchased and downloaded from the app store? What will happen to his apps that are no longer available for public download from the app store.
    01-03-19 01:34 AM
    Won't you lose everything you purchased and downloaded from the app store? What will happen to his apps that are no longer available for public download from the app store.
    They'll be gone. Unfortunately, the "right" move would have been to create a new BBID for BB Android and continue using the old one for BB10. BB should have advised people to do that before they separated BBIDs between BB10/BBOS and BB Android, but, of course, they didn't.
    RuFuS_PT and brookie229 like this.
    01-03-19 02:36 AM
    They'll be gone. Unfortunately, the "right" move would have been to create a new BBID for BB Android and continue using the old one for BB10. BB should have advised people to do that before they separated BBIDs between BB10/BBOS and BB Android, but, of course, they didn't.
    No, they REALLY wanted people off BB10 and not coming back. Like theme park, once you leave no re-entry. Putting up the sign would have made some reconsider switching.
    RuFuS_PT likes this.
    01-03-19 07:43 AM
    Well...not moving again to Priv...too bad to be true...

Will spend some hours next weekend making wipe and re-configuring everything again in my Classic...

The problem for most of us with all this end-of-support is that we know we are being forced to leave something that was well concepted...in my case i already had Windows Phone for ex (backup phone) and i don't miss it, which i don't feel about BBOS...i missed this too much...
    01-03-19 11:30 AM
    Well...not moving again to Priv...too bad to be true...

Will spend some hours next weekend making wipe and re-configuring everything again in my Classic...

The problem for most of us with all this end-of-support is that we know we are being forced to leave something that was well concepted...in my case i already had Windows Phone for ex (backup phone) and i don't miss it, which i don't feel about BBOS...i missed this too much...
    Hang in there RuFuS. Crackberry news articles and many frequent posters not withstanding, you're not alone! Many of us will be using BB10 until they pry our devices from our cold dead fingers, and providing support for those that choose to do the same.
    RuFuS_PT and AllanQuatermain like this.
    01-08-19 07:36 PM