Leejayh, thank you. As irony would have it, you posted your list (assessment) just when Kimberella hypothesized that perhaps no one would do this. Upthread two others did this, before you, too. The internet is great, isn't it ?

My question got answered by a small number of participants. Thank you to all who tried.
    Too bad you didn't "TRY".
    Let's be clear. I suggested you put some work into this noble challenge for which you intended to champion and become hero to those so called "acquintances" who find research "a waste of time".
    I hope you give by line credit to @Leejayh when you use/publish/post the list she's provided.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:22 PM
    Holy wow. Somebody might opt to go with a phone that's not BlackBerry and that's OK.

Someone who has never had any smartphone yet cannot talk abut their needs yet. They survive with their email coming in to their desktop computers. They survive without knowing what they're missing out on, in terms of apps. They might feel they have a want or call it a need. But they are uncertain. THIS may explain the attraction of the iPhone.

Bp3dots your talk is over the head of someone who doesn't know yet what they want.

Getting the right smartphone for someone requires knowing their needs/wants, which we are obviously not able to do. If you want to do them a favor, you will stop trying to prove why the one you like is better, and instead look for the one that will be best for them. This may not be a BB, and that's fine, as everyone has different needs.

The entire premise of this thread is the same thing people here accuse salespeople of when they say they try to only sell iOS/Android, and is nothing but a disservice to the OP's "friends."
    11-27-13 11:26 PM
    Holy wow. Somebody might opt to go with a phone that's not BlackBerry and that's OK.

Someone who has never had any smartphone yet cannot talk abut their needs yet. They survive with their email coming in to their desktop computers. They survive without knowing what they're missing out on, in terms of apps. They might feel they have a want or call it a need. But they are uncertain. THIS may explain the attraction of the iPhone.

Bp3dots your talk is over the head of someone who doesn't know yet what they want.
    If you know the right questions to ask, and know the products well, they can absolutely give you the info you need to make an informed decision. I did this for a living for more than enough time to know what I'm talking about.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-27-13 11:31 PM
    Nicely put, also BlackBerry has the chances of lower prices on data package compared to other devices.

Bbm voice and video with natural sound.

Bbm channels for all your social needs.

Hub is really convenient.

BlackBerry express for attractive presentation on the go.

Docs to go for all office document comes preinstalled.
    Good list parthokarki. It seems like the right level to start at, when talking to someone who knows nothing yet - about real world use of smartphones. This is a short list. I sense that these items are good to use in the beginning. The bigger list by Leejayh is probably better to use after they get comfortable with all the concepts, and they are ready to spring. Leejayh's list is like a deal closer list. Your list parthokarki is like a beginner's entry-level exposure list. Not too many items. I like it.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 11-27-13 at 11:56 PM.
    11-27-13 11:38 PM
    If you know the right questions to ask, and know the products well, they can absolutely give you the info you need to make an informed decision. I did this for a living for more than enough time to know what I'm talking about.
    Ask a question? Know the products well?
    That would require effort....on his part.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:38 PM
    you are who you hang with.... so if you friends are ignoramus ... what does that say about you? .... and your ability to decide what phone somebody else should use?
    11-27-13 11:39 PM
    ...know the right questions to ask, and know the products well. ...
    Agreed

Thank uou
    11-27-13 11:40 PM
    you are who you hang with.... so if you friends are ignoramus ... what does that say about you? .... and your ability to decide what phone somebody else should use?
    I'm not the decider.

In 2012 I kept reading and reading asking and asking. I waited for the SGNOTE 2. It underwhelmed me. I waited for the z10. End of story about me.

My contacts acquaintances and friends don't all have my abilities and I don't have theirs. So it now seems some people are looking to me for guidance. Normal. Understandable.

We are all blind before we see. Ignorant of many aspects and consequences, until we know more. Normal. Par for the course.
    11-27-13 11:45 PM
    .... would require effort....on his part.
    Hope you aren't going to stay up all night correcting wrongs.
    11-27-13 11:48 PM
    Too bad you didn't "TRY".
    Let's be clear. I suggested you put some work into this noble challenge for which you intended to champion and become hero to those so called "acquintances" who find research "a waste of time".
    I hope you give by line credit to @Leejayh when you use/publish/post the list she's provided.
    K there are multiple layers of mistakes in your post, too many to enumerate without derailing the thread. Ultimately, it's harassment. Be happy in another thread. It's too late now to change direction here. // I do know a lot about bb10, and I asked for those willing to help make a starter list for those who know nothing. // I didn't propose my own list in kicking off this discussion. End of
    11-28-13 12:02 AM
    Hope you aren't going to stay up all night correcting wrongs.
    Not all wrongs, just yours. Don't fret. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 12:03 AM
    In general, there is no single way to convince someone to go with bb10 rather than iOS. Different things will appeal to different people.

For many people, their lives now revolve around their phone. For me, the phone needs supports my lifestyle. And in my life, it is primarily about emails, messages and internet access. The best phone for me is the one that can help me write and reply the fastest, provide good internet browsing, and help me stay productive so I have time for the REST of my life.

I do use a lot of apps: translating, Evernote, sports, news, cooking, Kobo, bible, health apps... on a regular basis. But the core of what I do (80+%) involves reading and replying, and the hub and keyboard offer me the most efficient experience. If you consider time saved... I probably save an extra half hour each day just because of my phone choice.
    11-28-13 12:05 AM
    op, why don't you just admit you were trying to be the big man on campus and have blown it.... I don't believe you have all these people looking for smartphones and don't think many others do either

Kimberella likes this.
    11-28-13 12:17 AM
    op, why don't you just admit you were trying to be the big man on campus and have blown it.... I don't believe you have all these people looking for smartphones and don't think many others do either

Nnik now you can project what others think too, huh? But who cares? Who cares what you think or think of other people's thinking.. .. Nobody asked.you that question

There are some people. "All these people" sounds like it's a big number. But who cares? Whether it's X number or a multiple.

If you aren't contributing to the thread subject, go away please.

There are indeed people who don't have a smartphone yet. Of them, there are indeed some who say they are truly ignorant. They do exist. People who are willing to use this word both in jest and seriously.
    11-28-13 12:26 AM
    In general, there is no single way to convince someone to go with bb10 rather than iOS. Different things will appeal to different people.
    Thank you. True,
    11-28-13 12:28 AM

Cosign

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 12:39 AM
    One basic issue that swayed me to BB10 is the messaging capability.
    Keyboard is infinitely better than the ios.
    Getting email is must easier in BB10 with the centralized message hub as well as the swipe and peek.
    You don't have to fiddle with the freaking home screen button.
    I can even say that BB10 can practically replace my desktop in my line of work.

Granted that BB10 has a steep learning curve, but since we're talking about somebody who hasn't ever used a smartphone before, then BB10 phones will be playing on an even field with the others. Now, if your peers are the old fashioned phone users like me, meaning people who only use the phone to text and call, then BB10 would be the most appropriate smartphone for them. Forget the apps. Heck, even forget about the hardware specifications. I'm sure those "geeky" benchmark numbers mean nothing to them. What really matters is what you can get done with your phone. And with BB10, you get things done.

I do know there is no single solid rule to convince people, since different people needs different ways of convincing. It all comes down to how "you" convince them.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-28-13 01:55 AM
    ... no single solid rule to convince people... It all comes down to how....
    All good. Thank you for this. In your first paragraph you outlined priority concerns for newbies. In your 2nd paragraph you strengthened this priority focus by poohpooing hardware specifications and benchmark numbers. I like this.
    11-28-13 02:07 AM
    I would show them the basics of a smartphone like using apps such as Facebook, news apps, etc. This will make them appreciate what they're getting. Then show then bb10 unique features such as instant previews and replies where you don't have to leave the app to responds. Show them the time shift camera. And show them how they can put a song in YouTube and leave the app and continue with something else while the song is still playing (the song stops playing on ios of you leave the YouTube app which is so frustrating). These are all relatively basic things that a new smartphone user can appreciate and are unique to bb10, you can't find these features on an iPhone and you can emphasize that to them of you'd like.

There's no point in talking about Android runtime or leaks to these types of people because they probably won't understand the full scope of it and not appreciate it very much.

Hope that helped.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-28-13 08:13 AM
    Hope that helped.
    !
    Absolutely yes that helped. First take a few minutes to overview smartphones in general; then use that initial awareness to highlight BlackBerry-specific aspects that they can start liking.

Yes, android "runtime" is best to leave alone. Someone might raise the subject after their first overview "getting to know you" process, if they read up a lot. But all they need to know is that android apps can be imported, later, when they get more advanced.
    11-28-13 08:43 AM
    I o s
    gn ramu

?
    pvphooman, Davidro1 and Kimberella like this.
    11-28-13 02:13 PM
    L F O
    M A

have fun with that
    11-28-13 02:47 PM
47 12