Attachment 399419

Posted via CB10
    One day people will learn to read :/

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 04:00 AM
    Where do I find that?
    Settings -> App Manager ->Device Monitor-> Storage. Then click on Playstore ->Clear Data
    05-10-16 04:13 AM
    One day people will learn to read :/

Posted via CB10
    Paul,

For what benefit was that post made for?

Assuming it was directed at me and some of the others who have struggled initially with this, you need to remember not everyone looking for help here is using English as their first language. I didn't even know there was a dedicated Blackberry Beta Zone application to install on my device, and so when I read the line "check out PlayStore in Beta Zone", I Googled it and found the Beta Zone website.. searching on it found the Playstore application here;

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/betas/view/1637

... and having signed up, no downloads are listed as available for the project, hence my own post.

It would have helped if the OP had been a little more specific, rather than assuming everyone knew what they meant, but posting this sort of message just doesn't help anyone. It just drives people looking for help away from the forum.

For what it's worth and as an example, I've helped a number of people via private message who have tried looking for help on these forums, only to get the short shrift from some users as replies to posts. Yes, people should be encouraged to help themselves, but for some they just cannot do this for a number of reasons.

{EDIT}

In fact, look at the number of posts already asking "Do I need this as well as Colbolt's apps?" "Do I use this instead of Colbolt's files?" Do I uninstall Colbolts and use this instead" etc. Doesn't this show a number of people are confused... or am I misinterpreting those posts?

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 05-10-16 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added "in fact" extra lines
    05-10-16 05:14 AM
    Paul,

For what benefit was that post made for?

Assuming it was directed at me and some of the others who have struggled initially with this, you need to remember not everyone looking for help here is using English as their first language. I didn't even know there was a dedicated Blackberry Beta Zone application to install on my device, and so when I read the line "check out PlayStore in Beta Zone", I Googled it and found the Beta Zone website.. searching on it found the Playstore application here;

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/betas/view/1637

... and having signed up, no downloads are listed as available for the project, hence my own post.

It would have helped if the OP had been a little more specific, rather than assuming everyone knew what they meant, but posting this sort of message just doesn't help anyone. It just drives people looking for help away from the forum.

For what it's worth and as an example, I've helped a number of people via private message who have tried looking for help on these forums, only to get the short shrift from some users as replies to posts. Yes, people should be encouraged to help themselves, but for some they just cannot do this for a number of reasons.

{EDIT}

In fact, look at the number of posts already asking "Do I need this as well as Colbolt's apps?" "Do I use this instead of Colbolt's files?" Do I uninstall Colbolts and use this instead" etc. Doesn't this show a number of people are confused... or am I misinterpreting those posts?

Regards

James

It was aimed in general, not sure how many Beta threads you go through but the amount of people who don't seem to see the line that is written on most new beta zone Apps is ridiculously high.
    Fair enough if you missed it, happens, just seems like some people out there can't be bothered to read the description.

Having been helping people on various forums for a number of years now I see the serious lack of effort by some to read a description or open up Google and type their question (been users who managed to sign up to a forum, verify account, find the board and type and post the question then surely a Google search is in order)

You can understand people's bad reactions when you see it multiple times every single day.
    Especially when people end up simply pasting a 10 second Google search results link as a reply.

Nothing personal, it just gets irritating after a while.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-10-16 05:51 AM
    It was aimed in general, not sure how many Beta threads you go through but the amount of people who don't seem to see the line that is written on most new beta zone Apps is ridiculously high.
    Fair enough if you missed it, happens, just seems like some people out there can't be bothered to read the description.

Having been helping people on various forums for a number of years now I see the serious lack of effort by some to read a description or open up Google and type their question (been users who managed to sign up to a forum, verify account, find the board and type and post the question then surely a Google search is in order)

You can understand people's bad reactions when you see it multiple times every single day.
    Especially when people end up simply pasting a 10 second Google search results link as a reply.

Nothing personal, it just gets irritating after a while.

Posted via CB10
    Especially when the most posted answer is "Read the first post." The other answer that competes for the most posted answer "It's in the first post."
    05-10-16 06:07 AM
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I can't help feeling that a bad reaction is no better than no reaction at all and just wouldn't bother to post anything if I felt like that.. but I appreciate your comments.

Regards

James
    05-10-16 07:03 AM
    Hi I have downloaded Beta Zone from BlackBerry World; and I keep getting this message.

CellNinja made an app called "PlayStore" to make Cobalt's Play Store easier for others to install.-img_20160510_063537.png

It basically keeps on repeating

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 08:37 AM
    Hi I have downloaded Beta Zone from BlackBerry World; and I keep getting this message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160510_063537.png 
Views:	1154 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	399460

Posted via CB10
    I'd remove it - reboot then try again
    05-10-16 09:06 AM
    Rodger, is their a way to do it like the cobalt app for android, where we get a notification for updated playstore and/or componenets?

Or would that be a tough one?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:23 AM
    The app disappeared from Blackberry Beta zone?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 10:53 AM
    Settings -> App Manager ->Device Monitor-> Storage. Then click on Playstore ->Clear Data
    Thanks! That totally worked. Now the installed apps are listed in INSTALLED as before.
    05-10-16 12:28 PM
    Their is no app in the beta zone with that name
    05-10-16 01:03 PM
    Their is no app in the beta zone with that name
    Yeah it seems to have disappeared, was showing just earlier today...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 01:05 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160510_063537.png 
Views:	1154 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	399460

Posted via CB10
    This means that the email you signed up to beta zone with is different to your BlackBerry ID email, if you changed your email linked to BlackBerry ID, you need to change it back if you want beta zone to work on your phone

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 01:10 PM
    I get a message on the web based Beta zone that says "Sorry, this program has reached its capacity" and on the app it does not show up as available.
    05-10-16 01:16 PM
    Totally knackered my Google play services. Any idea how I can start afresh and clean up all the android stuff?

Posted on my Q10.
    05-10-16 02:23 PM
    I get a message on the web based Beta zone that says "Sorry, this program has reached its capacity" and on the app it does not show up as available.
    Yep, still at capacity at 3:48 PM EDT
    05-10-16 02:49 PM
    Pretty sure that the app violated the terms of BlackBerry World so it was removed from the Beta zone.

That certainly doesn't mean that the dev can't offer updated versions of the app on his own much like Snap.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 03:51 PM
    The app was pulled by BlackBerry, sorry for those who couldn't get it.

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves and garrett1972 like this.
    05-10-16 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not surprised really
    05-10-16 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    "They" always seem to need thinking a few days about things like that. BAR file maybe ?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-10-16 04:31 PM
    "They" always seem to need thinking a few days about things like that. BAR file maybe ?

Via Pasta CB10
    BAR file, while I'm sure would still be appreciated by many, reduces the simplicity in the process.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    05-10-16 04:51 PM
    BAR file, while I'm sure would still be appreciated by many, reduces the simplicity in the process.
    Exactly, Cobalt's method was already easy enough, it just looked scary for some people. This app was made to make it a breeze to install all Cobalt's files, a bar file would need more effort to sideload than reading Cobalt's thread first post and downloading all apks by yourself. I won't be releasing the bar file and will not published back to Beta Zone.

Posted via CB10
    garrett1972 likes this.
    05-10-16 04:54 PM
    Any idea where to get Cobalt's files to install Playstore? I'm sorry if this question keeps getting repeated, but searching the forum takes me to broken links.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 06:57 PM
    Any idea where to get Cobalt's files to install Playstore? I'm sorry if this question keeps getting repeated, but searching the forum takes me to broken links.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344
    05-10-16 08:03 PM
102 12345