Exactly, I will update the app if a new version of any Cobalt's apps is available. You'll get a Hub notification for the update even if you deleted my app, you will be able to decide if you want to upgrade Cobalt's apps or not. Without this app, you'd have to monitor his thread to know if there are any new files available.

Posted via CB10
    Let me ask a stupid question? I am am running Colbalts apps do I need to install this now?
    05-09-16 12:48 PM
    Let me ask a stupid question? I am am running Colbalts apps do I need to install this now?
    Absolutely not, that's exactly the same apk. This is intended for users who don't already have Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-09-16 12:49 PM
    Absolutely not, that's exactly the same apk. This is intended for users who don't already have Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much.........................you get a double Woof!
    05-09-16 12:53 PM
    I imagine Rodger will just update the App again?

Would probably be better if it downloaded the files externally so it's easier to update (little online version checkers are very easy to do)
    This.
    05-09-16 01:10 PM
    Very very well done.

Thank you.

BlackBerry should hire you this very instant.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-09-16 01:16 PM
    I've tried installing play services but it stays on the initializing screen for a great of time. Is this normal? I've used this app to install the playstore

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 01:51 PM
    Thanks. This is great. Thanks again

Posted with a AT&T Passport.
    05-09-16 01:57 PM
    I think the confusing part to Cobalt's thread is the disconnect between the instructions and the cloud downloading:

1. They're on two separate webpages.
    2. It's not instantly obvious which files to download when you're presented with /all/ of the files and the filenames don't make intuitive sense, like "vending" for Google Play.
    3. Selecting a file defaults to downloading a file with a filename with a long string of characters, not the name of the file listed on the cloud webpage. (Maybe this is a BB10 browser issue?)
    05-09-16 01:58 PM
    This is good. I lost Snap because by mistake loaded the beta version, which has stopped working. Here is my question--at some point I started with the google playstore stuff, and have it partially loaded, but i'm not savvy enough to understand what i have and what i don't. Can i just follow this process anyway, or do i need to find and delete what I have? The OS and everything is still the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 02:37 PM
    This is good. I lost Snap because by mistake loaded the beta version, which has stopped working. Here is my question--at some point I started with the google playstore stuff, and have it partially loaded, but i'm not savvy enough to understand what i have and what i don't. Can i just follow this process anyway, or do i need to find and delete what I have? The OS and everything is still the same.

Posted via CB10
    I think you can use the app.

if you got files, it will just open/update. if not - it will offer to install.
    05-09-16 03:50 PM
    This thread got me thinking about the Google Play Store again so I looked up Cobalt's Official thread. After checking the version numbers from the thread with what I had previously installed, it was obvious that I was way out-of-date. I uninstalled the old versions and reinstalled anew... which I now realize was a mistake! Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling works, but the newly installed Google Play Store will not list the apps I had installed from it in INSTALLED, but only in ALL, i.e. it's "forgotten" that I installed those apps via Google Play and not through direct apk or other sources.

[Smokeaire said to do this: Settings -> App Manager ->Device Monitor-> Storage. Then click on Playstore ->Clear Data, and it totally fixed it for me. Installed apps are properly listed in INSTALLED.]

If you already have some of the apps to get Google Play working, then I would suggest downloading the new apk's and Updating/Installing and *not* removing the old install first.

If you can't use CellNinja's app, then grab these from Cobalt's Cloud:

"blackberry.googleid" - BlackBerry Google ID, where you'll enter your Google credentials
    "gms" - Google Account Manager
    "gsf.login.4-3-3" - Google Play Services
    "vending" - Google Play Store
    Last edited by cbvinh; 05-10-16 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added Smokeaire's fix
    coolhorn likes this.
    05-09-16 04:14 PM
    This thread got me thinking about the Google Play Store again so I looked up Cobalt's Official thread. After checking the version numbers from the thread with what I had previously installed, it was obvious that I was way out-of-date. I uninstalled the old versions and reinstalled anew... which I now realize was a mistake! Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling works, but the newly installed Google Play Store will not list the apps I had installed from it in INSTALLED, but only in ALL, i.e. it's "forgotten" that I installed those apps via Google Play and not through direct apk or other sources.

If you already have some of the apps to get Google Play working, then I would suggest downloading the new apk's and Updating/Installing and *not* removing the old install first.

If you can't use CellNinja's app, then grab these from Cobalt's Cloud:

"blackberry.googleid" - BlackBerry Google ID, where you'll enter your Google credentials
    "gms" - Google Account Manager
    "gsf.login.4-3-3" - Google Play Services
    "vending" - Google Play Store
    Try clearing the Playstore cache. I've updated Playstore many times and all installed apps show up in "Installed".
    05-09-16 05:38 PM
    When Cobalt first made his apps available I installed them. Does this use newer versions. Do I need to uninstall the original to install this one or can I install over the old ones.

thks in advance
    05-09-16 05:38 PM
    Try clearing the Playstore cache. I've updated Playstore many times and all installed apps show up in "Installed".
    Where do I find that?
    05-09-16 05:48 PM
    No more available 😭😣😠😧😕!!!!!!

Send from my amazing PP
    05-09-16 06:17 PM
    When Cobalt first made his apps available I installed them. Does this use newer versions. Do I need to uninstall the original to install this one or can I install over the old ones.

thks in advance
    If you already have Play Store installed and it's working for you, don't do anything and just enjoy your Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 06:24 PM
    No more available 😭😣😠😧😕!!!!!!

Send from my amazing PP

CellNinja made an app called "PlayStore" to make Cobalt's Play Store easier for others to install.-betazonebug.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 06:25 PM
    This is awesome.

I tried before to install play store and ended up giving up a couple times.

This simplified everything.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 07:23 PM
    This is awesome.

I tried before to install play store and ended up giving up a couple times.

This simplified everything.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!
    Please consider donating to Cobalt for all his work, he's the genius who needs to be rewarded, not me.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 07:25 PM
    I loved the simplicity of SNAP, but it quit working for me months ago. Been meaning to install Cobalt's stuff, and this made it a no-brainer. Much appreciated. Now to PayPal cobalt.
    05-09-16 11:07 PM
    ... You'll get a Hub notification for the update even if you deleted my app, you will be able to decide if you want to upgrade Cobalt's apps or not. ...

Posted via CB10
    Hi Rodger,

How would I stop the hub notifications if I've deleted your application? Am I right in thinking that I'd need to "unsubscibe" / leave the application from within the Beta Zone?

Regards

James
    05-10-16 01:06 AM
    Hi Rodger,

How would I stop the hub notifications if I've deleted your application? Am I right in thinking that I'd need to "unsubscibe" / leave the application from within the Beta Zone?

Regards

James
    Yes, you need to open Beta Zone app, go to Programs section, click on Current, select PlayStore, click overflow menu (3 dots) and Leave Program.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    05-10-16 01:10 AM
    Hi, I'm CellNinja.

This is exactly the same as following Cobalt's instructions on his thread, but here's why I've made it.

I was using Snap for quite some time, and always wrongfully thought that Cobalt's method needed some hard to follow instructions to get all things running. When Snap stopped working, I had no other choice than loading Cobalt's tools and install Google Play Store. I was amazed at how everything went smoothly, and I thought why did I initially thought it would be a pain?

I think it's because I was messing things up, like patching an apk that relies on Google Play Services myself with Cobalt's tools and installing already patched apk for Google Play Store.

To make sure other users don't fall in the same wrong assumption as me, I decided to create that little app that gives you all the steps and includes all apk right in the app, so it should really be easy to install.

I really enjoy Cobalt's work, that's why I created this app. I've included a link to his PayPal inside the app and I don't try to promote my own apps inside PlayStore app, as I don't want any credits/advantages for Cobalt's work.

If you like my app, please consider donating to Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    Nice work. Happy coding.
    05-10-16 01:48 AM
    Perfect, thanks for the update.

Regards

James
    05-10-16 03:12 AM
    this great, thanks alot
    05-10-16 03:54 AM
102 1234 ...