I just read an article that there's a "nationwide epidemic of cellphone robberies and thefts" ... and so the "District Attorney George Gascon is calling on major companies in nearby Silicon Valley to create new technology such as a "kill switch" to permanently and quickly disable stolen smart phones, making them worthless to thieves."

Another article stated that "... 69 percent of smartphones users hadn't backed up their data, including photos and contact. Just 22 percent had installed a smartphone that could locate their lost phone."

Question, do must of you activate BB Protect ?? I believe that the small % of protected devices are our very own BBs!!!
    I mean, just by reading the "leak OS" threads one can see so many backups are in place! lol

Sources:
    New efforts to curb cellphone theft

About 40% of US smartphone owners do not secure their device - Telecompaper
    05-05-13 01:34 AM
    I've been using BlackBerry Protect ever since it became available, and was using another service prior to that. I also have a similar service on my Android devices. I just wish Protect was available on my PlayBook.

One thing about BlackBerry Protect. As soon as you find your phone is lost or stolen, you need to be proactive and get to the BlackBerry Protect website as soon as possible so you can lock it, search for it, and possibly wipe it.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-05-13 11:27 AM
    If you use a password then you have even better protection as even wiping the os and reloading the system requires a password to reload and password to log in after the reload the first time you use it

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:49 AM
    Yes. It's brain dead easy to turn on in OS 10, and you would be brain dead not to use it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:12 PM