I purchased the additional content for caveboy. After resetting my passport I could not find the game in my BBW anymore? Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 07:23 AM
    I purchased the additional content for caveboy. After resetting my passport I could not find the game in my BBW anymore? Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Other than trying to contact the developer there is not much you can do.
    12-15-18 09:13 AM
    It was probably pulled. I bought a few games when I was still on BB10 and the apps were pulled. I requested to either receive a refund or get the Android versions for free since I'd paid for something they removed from the app store. The devs either ignored my emails completely or responded with some default copy and paste message they send to everybody.
    12-15-18 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Low,

Looks like this is still available in BBW but is blocking download for new users (giving some error about network bandwidth, which is probably code for "the dev hasn't checked a box somewhere" to keep it active).

Have you tried going to My World on BBW, then selecting Available, scrolling down to Games, then tapping the little arrow to the right? Every app you have ever bought from BBW should remain available unless a dev has actively pulled it (which takes effort on their part and doesn't seem to be the case here) until The Grand Shutdown (credit fergusd for the name) on 12/31/2019.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    My bad for my first post (I misread your post). If you haven't done this already: go into BBW then My World/My Apps and Games/Available then scroll down to Caveboy and reinstall with the download arrow on right side of screen.
    12-15-18 01:01 PM
    I checked BBW but it doesn't show as available anymore

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 05:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    A bit odd as that is the first paid for app that I have heard of that is not available under My World. Sorry to hear but it is what it is I guess.
    12-15-18 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Low,

Just to confirm: you specifically opened BBW, went to My Apps & Games, tapped Available, and scrolled down to the Games section and did not see it in your personal list of previously purchased games?

I ask because while the game does not appear in normal searching I am able to locate it by direct link, which suggests it is still available and thus should be in your personal purchased list (but unavailable through other means).

Does that make sense?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 07:59 PM
    Hey Low,

Just to confirm: you specifically opened BBW, went to My Apps & Games, tapped Available, and scrolled down to the Games section and did not see it in your personal list of previously purchased games?

I ask because while the game does not appear in normal searching I am able to locate it by direct link, which suggests it is still available and thus should be in your personal purchased list (but unavailable through other means).

Does that make sense?

Posted via CB10
    I did exactly that.

The game was free. It was the additional levels and content that was an extra purchase. Now the game is not showing in my available programs list

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 08:11 PM
    I did exactly that.

The game was free. It was the additional levels and content that was an extra purchase. Now the game is not showing in my available programs list

Posted via CB10
    Weird. What happens if you go here?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/45919889

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-15-18 09:42 PM
    Weird. What happens if you go here?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/45919889

Posted via CB10
    That worked!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-15-18 10:14 PM
    That worked!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Great! Here's hoping you can restore the data from within the app, but if not feel free to reach out to the app developer (or let me know and I'll do it...might actually do so anyway).

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 11:14 PM
    Nice to see this solved.

I bought Smash Cars and this exact thing happened to me. Can't find it anywhere.
    12-17-18 12:26 AM
    Nice to see this solved.

I bought Smash Cars and this exact thing happened to me. Can't find it anywhere.
    This one's a paid app Shifty, so while it's still in BBW direct linking may not work. Did you try the process outlined above involving My World? It's highly possible you won't be able to find paid games/apps on a direct search but they should be available specifically for you in the My World section of BBW.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 12:54 AM
    Yeah and I paid for it. Wiped my phone one day and while setting it up noticed it wasn't available.

How do you even find the link to an app?
    12-17-18 02:13 AM
    Yeah and I paid for it. Wiped my phone one day and while setting it up noticed it wasn't available.

How do you even find the link to an app?
    This is the oddest thing ever, as I have yet to see an app or game that was not actively pulled by the developer that's not available in Blackberry World if one is signed in with the Blackberry ID they used to buy it and follows the following procedure:

1. Go to My World on BBW.

2. Select the Available tab.

3. Scroll down to Games, then tapping the little arrow to the right of the previously purchased game.

Now, it's entirely possible you won't be able to search for it and find it--that's a different mechanism entirely. But just because it's not available to the general public does not mean it's not available to you who previously purchased it.

It's occasionally possible to find direct BBW links to apps from old reviews, including some done by Crackberry. Here's the link to Smash Cops (I am assuming that's the one you're wanting as I could not find any reference to a "Smash Cars" for BB10. Also, you must click the link from your BB10 device):

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/100761
    12-17-18 03:08 AM
    Yeah that's the name. Sorry.

I'll give it a shot later. I'm curious if this works.
    12-17-18 07:50 AM
    I have caveboy back but can't restore my paid content. It keeps giving me an error.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 11:29 AM
    I have caveboy back but can't restore my paid content. It keeps giving me an error.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I was thinking that might happen. Looks like you'll have to reach out to the developer. This may be a good place to start:

https://www.appxplore.com/index.php/contact-us/support
    12-17-18 01:18 PM