Cascades apps are obviously the best, and we would all like to get all active apps for everything we need. That's why I find it rather frustrating to see it bug sometimes. You know, when you want to go back and swipe left to right to get to the last screen. Sometimes I just begin the flow, and the screen follows correctly until my finger is at the right of the screen, and then when I lift it it goes back where it was.

Most of the time, the flow just work correctly, which means I don't have to swipe completely to the right, just give it a quick slide and it goes. Sometimes, I have to bring to to the very end of the screen, and sometimes it simply won't work, and I just have to do the same as any other phone out there, and press Back.

Does this happen to anyone else? It happens often in 9gag app, and I thought it was because of those gif or it was badly coded, but sometimes I'm just in the Hub or in CB10 app and it's still the same.

Quite annoying and kinda breaks from the flow when you have to repeat the swipe a couple of times before it works. Anyone has a clue?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:36 AM
    Ah and just so you know, I'm with Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047. From what I remember it was present with 10.1 MR as well, but I could be wrong if observations point to the contrary.

Didn't look good when I 'demonstrated' the power of the flow to an Android-user friend!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:40 AM
    Idk if you notice when everyone else does it on the commercials but they don't lift their finger until they reach the end of the bezel.

The whole point of Blackberry Flow and Cascades is that you keep your fingers with only one in use constantly, hence "Keep Moving".

That being said, the 9gag app may be the one to blame. When I view a photo in the photo app and I try to swipe to the left as you said, it has a weird glitch as well.
    08-10-13 12:45 AM
    Yeah well that's what I am wondering. Does Cascades flow has more difficulty to handle the changing screen when this same screen has heavier content loaded? Or is it the processor that is not fast enough? I should try to find if it happens more often with several active apps opened.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:54 AM
    I only notice it with picture apps mainly. I can have 6 active frames open and everything would be smooth.

Have you been backing up constantly? Do you have the device memory to its rim? Memory card?

These are factors that can effect any device performance.

douevenCB10?
    08-10-13 12:57 AM
    Yes I notice that glitch too (and I know how to swipe properly).
    I find frustrating as well. The flow across different apps is inconsistent. Even for some built in cascades sometimes the flow isn't used. I want the flow to be used I love the flow. The inconsistency even exists in BlackBerry's own apps e.g. travel

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:01 AM
    That's cause cascades isn't the only way to code an app. BlackBerry was dumb enough to add HTML5 and AIR which don't support flow very well

douevenCB10?
    08-10-13 01:04 AM
    Yes I notice that glitch too (and I know how to swipe properly).
    I find frustrating as well. The flow across different apps is inconsistent. Even for some built in cascades sometimes the flow isn't used. I want the flow to be used I love the flow. The inconsistency even exists in BlackBerry's own apps e.g. travel

Posted via CB10
    I agree about the inconsistency. For info, what's your OS version?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:04 AM
    It's not exactly a glitch. Unfortunately there's levels of implementation with apps. There's many ways to develop an app.
    Android doesn't support cascades.
    Adobe air doesn't support the flow and swipe gestures but looks like cadcades.
    HTML 5 is somewhere closer to full gestures peek and flow.
    Core native supports full peek and flow.
    Some of this information may be incorrect be it gives you a gist of it.

There's a huge inconsistency because of the varying support of each development language. It's up to the devs to support the peek and flow. The "designed for blackberry" logos in BBW tell you that an app was properly designed and supports full peek and flow.

There's a lot of inconsistencies but we want more methods to get more devs on the BlackBerry platform.
    08-10-13 01:11 AM
    I agree about that, and I think it is great that BB10 supports all these means to build an app; they should continue I think.

I'm just wondering why it is happening in core BlackBerry apps, like the Hub and 10.2 settings, why is this bug so similar to what we can find in 9gag, for instance.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:15 AM
    Goto the facebook app, and open a message then swipe back. You can flick it back. Sometimes when I'm in a sms I have to completely drag it back the whole way. Especially when the phone is horizontal in a message, it's extra work to swipe back.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:37 AM
    Goto the facebook app, and open a message then swipe back. You can flick it back. Sometimes when I'm in a sms I have to completely drag it back the whole way. Especially when the phone is horizontal in a message, it's extra work to swipe back.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I noticed that also. It seems like more work to load an SMS chat than a BBM chat. Flowing from an SMS chat is really picky for me, like the swipe has to be perfectly horizontal or it would just slide the chat up/down.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:37 AM
    Yes, I noticed that also. It seems like more work to load an SMS chat than a BBM chat. Flowing from an SMS chat is really picky for me, like the swipe has to be perfectly horizontal or it would just slide the chat up/down.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Annoying!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:53 AM
    Cascades apps are obviously the best, and we would all like to get all active apps for everything we need. That's why I find it rather frustrating to see it bug sometimes. You know, when you want to go back and swipe left to right to get to the last screen. Sometimes I just begin the flow, and the screen follows correctly until my finger is at the right of the screen, and then when I lift it it goes back where it was.

Most of the time, the flow just work correctly, which means I don't have to swipe completely to the right, just give it a quick slide and it goes. Sometimes, I have to bring to to the very end of the screen, and sometimes it simply won't work, and I just have to do the same as any other phone out there, and press Back.

Does this happen to anyone else? It happens often in 9gag app, and I thought it was because of those gif or it was badly coded, but sometimes I'm just in the Hub or in CB10 app and it's still the same.

Quite annoying and kinda breaks from the flow when you have to repeat the swipe a couple of times before it works. Anyone has a clue?

Posted via CB10
    That is actually a design feature. There is a tipping point before which the screen slides back, after which it slides away. I'm on the 10.2 leak and can't remember if this was in 10.1 or 10.0, but the screen under the one I'm peaking behind is darkened before the tipping point and lighter after.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:54 AM
    That is actually a design feature. There is a tipping point before which the screen slides back, after which it slides away. I'm on the 10.2 leak and can't remember if this was in 10.1 or 10.0, but the screen under the one I'm peaking behind is darkened before the tipping point and lighter after.

Posted via CB10
    I wish it could be that so it would not be present everywhere, but sometimes in the same environment it works correctly, and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:15 PM