So I am trying to look at this from all angles
    My current carrier has bb10 (phones) i have my z10 (i bought unlocked since my carrier wasn't offering it when I wanted it) .
    At any rate, now, more and more people are rocking Z10's and q10's, cool.
    But lately I am noticing signal reception is poor ( haphazardly jumps from 4 bars to 2) and sometimes loss of Internet, i can also notice going from wifi to 4G signal sometimes the blackberry logo in the top right corner does not appear, i need to physically disable data services and re-enable than the logo will reappear.
    Confronting the carrier with this, they gave me some bull**** story.
    Another friend of mine, with a carrier issued Z10 was having similar problems, when confronted the carrier, get this they said they need to give her a new phone and it cannot be a bb10 device, they offer her a Samsung device, seriously, what the hell.
    So my question is, is it possible that the carrier doesn't have the proper equipment to deal with bbm? They are still selling BlackBerry devices(bb10) with BlackBerry plans, so i think that's a bit odd

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:16 PM
    Your question is not very clear.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:21 PM
    Your question is not very clear.

Posted via CB10
    Is it possible that the carrier does not have the necessary hardware software to run bb10 devices, wasn't there a need to renew BlackBerry servers (carriers perspective) to handle bb10?
    Could it be that the carrier does not have these upgrades and are forcing it to run through the old system?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:01 PM
    I don't see how that is possible, but who is your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:05 PM
    Your new bb doesn't need the old system.
    12-16-13 01:20 PM
    I get that and I understand the bb doesn't need the old system, but would it be possible that that carrier is cheaping out and forcing everything through the old system? Is that possible?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:28 PM
    Who is your carrier?
    I get that and I understand the bb doesn't need the old system, but would it be possible that that carrier is cheaping out and forcing everything through the old system? Is that possible?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:45 PM
    Sure. That's why you buy your phone unlocked and don't tell the carrier anything.

Carriers have to get used to the idea that they are just dumb pipes. Their attempts at being anything more than that just pisses everyone off.

Give me my data and calls, that's all I want from you.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    12-16-13 02:58 PM
    Who is your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Dicel curacao
    Why? Can you help?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:14 PM
    Sure. That's why you buy your phone unlocked and don't tell the carrier anything.

Carriers have to get used to the idea that they are just dumb pipes. Their attempts at being anything more than that just pisses everyone off.

Give me my data and calls, that's all I want from you.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    I don't know what you are getting at but, before buying the phone i consulted with the carrier, and they were the ones to let me know what stl100 number to buy, my phone is working decently, not how I expect it to but passable, its my friends phone that's acting unacceptable,
    I am just trying to think of a reason a carrier would throw the blame to BlackBerry phones and actually force you to get another brand even though you don't want it ,
    I know carriers tend to cheap out on equipment to get maximum yield etc etc, i have a feeling they did here in this case and now they are stuck with a problem that they can know how to deal with

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:19 PM
    I don't think this is possible. I think your device might be damaged.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:01 PM
    I don't think this is possible. I think your device might be damaged.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?........ every phone connected to the carrier is damaged? .... come on man

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:26 PM
    Seriously?........ every phone connected to the carrier is damaged? .... come on man

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I missed that other BB10 users are having the issue.

I honestly don't know. It sounds like your carrier isn't communicating properly with the BlackBerry servers in Canada. If you go in wifi, is the connection to BlackBerry strong? Permenant BlackBerry symbol? Constant BBM? If so, then clearly your carrier isn't communicating with BlackBerry. BB10 devices DO need BlackBerry servers for BBM and BBW, so maybe that's the issue.

Good luck getting your carrier to actually bother looking into this though.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:17 PM
    Sorry, I missed that other BB10 users are having the issue.

I honestly don't know. It sounds like your carrier isn't communicating properly with the BlackBerry servers in Canada. If you go in wifi, is the connection to BlackBerry strong? Permenant BlackBerry symbol? Constant BBM? If so, then clearly your carrier isn't communicating with BlackBerry. BB10 devices DO need BlackBerry servers for BBM and BBW, so maybe that's the issue.

Good luck getting your carrier to actually bother looking into this though.

Posted via CB10
    Damnit son!.
    You hit the nail exactly on the head,thats precisely what most of us are experiencing.
    ..... sadly in this moment of joy I just realized what that really means, there is no way the carrier will admit that, they will rather push everyone to get Samsung devices.....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:31 AM