Please help, I have a BlackBerry z10 stl 1004, and it will not update to 10.3, this is my second z10 after my old one froze on 99% when trying to reboot after the install of software update 10.3 and it stayed that way for a whole week, it never came back to life after much trying. Now this new Z10 has 10.2, and my BlackBerry Link says that my phone is 10.2, but when I check for the 19.3 update on the phone or on link it tells me that I am running the latest most up to date software. Please tell me hoe I can get my phone to recognise that it doesn't have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:42 PM
    Please help, I have a BlackBerry z10 stl 1004, and it will not update to 10.3, this is my second z10 after my old one froze on 99% when trying to reboot after the install of software update 10.3 and it stayed that way for a whole week, it never came back to life after much trying. Now this new Z10 has 10.2, and my BlackBerry Link says that my phone is 10.2, but when I check for the 19.3 update on the phone or on link it tells me that I am running the latest most up to date software. Please tell me hoe I can get my phone to recognise that it doesn't have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    Usually, updates depend on your carrier to release it. You can visit our Leak Subforum and find either and Autoloader (will erase data so do a backup) or a Sachesi Blitz for the OS 10.3.1.xxx that you want.

While there are also 10.3.2.xxx versions - you can NOT go back to earlier OS's if you install so think carefully.
    06-02-15 12:51 PM
    Thank you for your reply... my carrier is the same with my new Z10 as it was with the previous Z10, and I was always receiving software update available notifications with them, nothings changed, just the phone, but yet I have received no notifications on this phone, I just don't get it. Why also is it so hard for BlackBerry users to install an update from the very company that makes the dam phone...how is that possible? And why does BlackBerry need dedicated forums giving out reams of complicated tutorials on how to get their BlackBerry working properly. Perhaps now like many others I will have to admit defeat, and buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 06:14 PM
    Thank you for your reply... my carrier is the same with my new Z10 as it was with the previous Z10, and I was always receiving software update available notifications with them, nothings changed, just the phone, but yet I have received no notifications on this phone, I just don't get it. Why also is it so hard for BlackBerry users to install an update from the very company that makes the dam phone...how is that possible? And why does BlackBerry need dedicated forums giving out reams of complicated tutorials on how to get their BlackBerry working properly. Perhaps now like many others I will have to admit defeat, and buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Like every other device in the world (except for Apple) , the carriers control the update. If you're mad, talk to them.

If you want to do it yourself, it's very simple. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1021840

BTW, I'm not sure who you're directing your rant at, but this is not BlackBerry - just some BlackBerry fans trying to assist. Frankly the only effect it has is turning people off from wanting to help you.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    ppeters914 and jabia like this.
    06-03-15 06:20 PM
    Your title is misleading. It's not that you can't update, but that your carrier isn't pushing it, thus no notification.

You can install using autoloader or Blitz.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    06-03-15 07:39 PM
    Realms of complicated tutorials? You're kidding right? People have made updating easier than ever. I think it's you that's not will to learn how easy it is. If you've ever sideloaded a bar file, then it's that easy.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 09:16 PM
    Realms of complicated tutorials? You're kidding right? People have made updating easier than ever. I think it's you that's not will to learn how easy it is. If you've ever sideloaded a bar file, then it's that easy.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    Very true once you have updated your device for the first time it's simple as hell. Aslong as you read and make sure you backup the device it really is the easiest people just need to just make time. Otherwise stick with an older OS and miss out OR go get an iphone and see how terrible it really is
    06-03-15 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Connect your device via USB cable to PC. Open BlackBerry Link and hitting OS update! Waiting for Miracle .

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    06-04-15 05:45 AM
    Connect your device via USB cable to PC. Open BlackBerry Link and hitting OS update! Waiting for Miracle .

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    This will not work since his carrier is not offering the update. Nor does he have a factory unlocked device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 05:49 AM
    This will not work since his carrier is not offering the update. Nor does he have a factory unlocked device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Nigel brown has been spotted 10.3 on BlackBerry Link or phone?

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    06-04-15 06:33 AM
    Nigel brown has been spotted 10.3 on BlackBerry Link or phone?

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    Neither.

Q5SQR100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 06:38 AM
    OK let me start from the beginning again...my carrier who I have not changed, DID AND DOES push (since that seems to be the terminology ) the software update, with my previous Z10 I was sent numerous notifications telling me that one was available and every time I tried to install it would get stuck on the restart screen, many times I read and searched on forums on how to resolve this....but for me it was just to long winded and a little complicated. in the end I left my Z10 on the restart screen at 99% for an entire week as in some vane hope it would get past the 99% Regarding my replacement Z10 I'm left no further forward as I neither get notifications anymore but more importantly I have both BlackBerry Link and my phone telling me I have the latest software in stalled which is 10.2. Now I understand full well that CB isn't BlackBerry, and if I want to vent a little at my frustration with this phone and the company who makes it, sending out a software update that then becomes the subject of many forums on how to install by other means rather than simply clicking install, we'll I'm untitled to. I hope everyone can read this post this time round and understand what I'm saying without getting prissy like I've insulted their parentage then I may get a decent straight forward easy to understand reply on how to resolve this issue....Conite...what does that last post even mean? im not some spotty teenager who lives on his phone and understands every aspect of it, so apologies for not understanding all your exact terminology and daring to post with a miss leading title.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:46 AM
    OP, what is your exact country and carrier?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 06:07 AM
    Conite, I'm in UK with T.Mobile, and this phone and my last are both unlocked devices. I admit I have come at this frustrated and more than a little angry, I did as many of the things that were suggested and that I could understand to try to update my previous Z10. I backed it up, I reset it, I made sure there was enough free space....it downloaded, it even installed, but it would not restart. forgive me but I don't want to have to learn how to "Patch" ,"Crack"...or "Autoload" or install leaked files or any other of the myriad of ways to TRY and get an update for a BlackBerry phone released by the company who makes it. What in the name of God is side loading a bar file, why would you assume I should know what that is? I work on classic cars, not sit in my bedroom installing apps. You have all just accepted this as the norm, speaking of "Patches" and Cracks etc, it's not normal, you should just be able to install it, baring any delays from your respective carriers, you should just be able to install it....i don't like I phones I refuse to buy one, hence I have another Z10 in my hand, I spent 500 on my last one when they came out, and 150 on this one....maybe that should tell us something. I am the but of the joke from my partner who sees me struggling with my phone I can't even get to Google Play to work properly after going round the houses and in the back door to get that installed not to mention the holy grail 10.3 software update....and the fact I bought another given the trouble and frustration the last one gave me. I do realise I will have to educate myself on at least one of these routes to getting my software update

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:45 AM
    Conite, I'm in UK with T.Mobile, and this phone and my last are both unlocked devices. I admit I have come at this frustrated and more than a little angry, I did as many of the things that were suggested and that I could understand to try to update my previous Z10. I backed it up, I reset it, I made sure there was enough free space....it downloaded, it even installed, but it would not restart. forgive me but I don't want to have to learn how to "Patch" ,"Crack"...or "Autoload" or install leaked files or any other of the myriad of ways to TRY and get an update for a BlackBerry phone released by the company who makes it. What in the name of God is side loading a bar file, why would you assume I should know what that is? I work on classic cars, not sit in my bedroom installing apps. You have all just accepted this as the norm, speaking of "Patches" and Cracks etc, it's not normal, you should just be able to install it, baring any delays from your respective carriers, you should just be able to install it....i don't like I phones I refuse to buy one, hence I have another Z10 in my hand, I spent 500 on my last one when they came out, and 150 on this one....maybe that should tell us something. I am the but of the joke from my partner who sees me struggling with my phone I can't even get to Google Play to work properly after going round the houses and in the back door to get that installed not to mention the holy grail 10.3 software update....and the fact I bought another given the trouble and frustration the last one gave me. I do realise I will have to educate myself on at least one of these routes to getting my software update

Posted via CB10
    Problem is that you have a Z10STL100-4 as stated in the first post and T-Mobile only sells and supports the Z10STL100-2. Hence you have no update available for your device, and never will.

You are therefore forced to have to do the update yourself. Using an autoloader is the simplest route: download and unzip the file to your PC, plug in your phone, run it. Done. This will bring you to a factory clean state - everything else will be wiped as if you just took it out of the box for the first time.

You can get the latest update here (just download the one for your device - you only need the larger of the two files):
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...-637Yfg_vO7Nw/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Nigel Brown1 likes this.
    06-05-15 08:04 AM
    Thank you Conite, now I have an answer, and I understand...I will do as you suggested and post back my results.
    I would like to add though, that I find it extraordinary that BlackBerry makes a software update that can only be installed if you have a particular version and that their update is at the discretion of the various carriers, can you imagine if Microsoft did this?? sorry you can't have your new updates because your with the wrong Internet service provider, or you have the wrong kind of desktop PC.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:39 PM
    Thank you Conite, now I have an answer, and I understand...I will do as you suggested and post back my results.
    I would like to add though, that I find it extraordinary that BlackBerry makes a software update that can only be installed if you have a particular version and that their update is at the discretion of the various carriers, can you imagine if Microsoft did this?? sorry you can't have your new updates because your with the wrong Internet service provider, or you have the wrong kind of desktop PC.

Posted via CB10
    ONLY Apple and Google Nexus devices do not follow this update model.

Everyone else is in the same boat - BlackBerry, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc, etc. Manufacturers depend on the carriers for distribution and front line support. In exchange, the carriers must first test and approve the OS.

BlackBerry is trying to help the situation by selling devices directly, factory unlocked (which means they will get updates directly from BlackBerry), through shopBlackberry and Amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Last edited by conite; 06-05-15 at 02:02 PM.
    06-05-15 01:52 PM
    Conite I want to thank you sincerely, my new Z10 updated perfectly thanks to your link and easy to follow instructions , and it's a joy to use, the new look is great this is what I've been missing. I am going to try and resurrect my old Z10 using the autoloader.....fingers crossed. This software update has made me happy for another reason, the fact I can continue to use what I believe is a superior phone and never have to go over to the darkside...lol
    I just wish they would get their act together at RIM and make the BlackBerry the serious contender it ought to be. Many thanks mate for your help and patience from a moany...but great full BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:43 AM
    PS, Google Play also works perfectly. Now I can be a spotty middle aged man and play with Apps...lol

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:55 AM