Am I missing something, or is it possible to send an email to the "Spam" folder on my Z10? How do I do this? It would be nice to be able to mark an email as spam so we don't accidentally click on these before we get a chance to sit down at our computers at home. Any thoughts on this? I would like to see this addition to BB10 happen soon.
    07-16-13 12:40 PM
    Am I missing something, or is it possible to send an email to the "Spam" folder on my Z10? How do I do this? It would be nice to be able to mark an email as spam so we don't accidentally click on these before we get a chance to sit down at our computers at home. Any thoughts on this? I would like to see this addition to BB10 happen soon.
    Do you have your spam folder synced to device? if so look into something like BeBuzz, it can automatically delete a message. And if you have your delete set up server side to go to spam/trash bin, you should be safe as to not losing the email all together.
    07-16-13 12:44 PM
    Kris, None of my email accounts (3, one Yahoo and two Gmail) on my Z10 show spam folders but they do show all my other folders even the ones I created on my desktop. How do I enable syncing the spam folder to my phone? From the phone or from my desktop. Thanks for the quick reply,
    Do you have your spam folder synced to device? if so look into something like BeBuzz, it can automatically delete a message. And if you have your delete set up server side to go to spam/trash bin, you should be safe as to not losing the email all together.
    07-16-13 12:54 PM
    Kris, None of my email accounts (3, one Yahoo and two Gmail) on my Z10 show spam folders but they do show all my other folders even the ones I created on my desktop. How do I enable syncing the spam folder to my phone? From the phone or from my desktop. Thanks for the quick reply,
    Known problem, vote for it in the beta zone. I have no idea what gives BB the right to keep that folder hidden and under their control.
    07-16-13 01:28 PM
    Security issue maybe?? I don't know just thinking again...
    Known problem, vote for it in the beta zone. I have no idea what gives BB the right to keep that folder hidden and under their control.
    07-17-13 04:20 PM
    I imagine it has something to do with spam generally being unwanted, sometimes unsafe messages? I would like to see a 'flag-as-spam' option sure, but not syncing the entire folder to my phone...
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-17-13 07:47 PM
    These theories could check out if the behaviour was consistent, but ActiveSync accounts don't have that problem.
    And I think that would be one of these things that should be made optional. If they think we can't manage our spam, make it the default option to hide the folder, but let us or the IT department decide what we can and cannot do with our accounts.
    07-17-13 08:46 PM
    Me too.
    I imagine it has something to do with spam generally being unwanted, sometimes unsafe messages? I would like to see a 'flag-as-spam' option sure, but not syncing the entire folder to my phone...
    07-18-13 06:25 PM