09-16-13 12:47 PM
36 12
tools
    Isn't this something that depends on which AT&T plan you have?

Posted via CB10
    I am in india where all devices are uses unlocked and are not bound to the carrier. So no change by the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:25 AM
    When I first got my Z10, this option is ON and not grey out, then couple days later, it's grey out and OFF. Anyone know why? I am using AT&T

Thanks
    05-16-13 11:44 PM
    AT&T only allows this to work on tiered or share data plans.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:54 PM
    Oddly I put my sim in an unlocked Q10 I got from the keys to the city sweepstakes. It had the feature unlocked. After I put my sim back into the z10 and transferred my bbm back over to it, it was now unlocked in the settings.

I am on ATT network with grandfathered unlimited data plan.
    09-15-13 05:42 PM
    AT&T has decided to graciously allow this feature to work.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:23 PM
    Works fine on T-Mobile.
    09-15-13 08:50 PM
    Works fine on O2 UK
    Cant seem to turn on the "Allow BBM calls over mobile networks"  on my Z10??? :mad:-img_00000515.png

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-16-13 03:14 AM
    You sound surprised. Carriers have been doing this for, literally, years now.

All of AT&T's Android phones have Google Talk VoIP/Video Calling locked to WiFi, for example. Apparently, only Apple users are allowed to use these things without loading up a third party program.
    I think users in the US should get together for a class action suit under unfair trade practices. Apple has been doing these sort of things for quite a while and Europe has hammered them with penalties. Why don't you all stand up for your rights and fight?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:57 AM
    I think users in the US should get together for a class action suit under unfair trade practices. Apple has been doing these sort of things for quite a while and Europe has hammered them with penalties. Why don't you all stand up for your rights and fight?

Posted via CB10
    To what "rights" do you refer?

As far as I know, people in the US willingly enter into a contract with their provider, the terms of which are laid out clearly for the reader prior to signing. I'm willing to bet that the ability to limit data use by certain apps (like BBM in this case) are within the carrier's rights under this contract.

So, again, what "rights" should Americans "stand up and fight" for? The "I don't like it even though I signed it" right?
    09-16-13 07:07 AM
    Vote with your wallet.
    That's the only thing they understand.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:39 AM
    To what "rights" do you refer?

As far as I know, people in the US willingly enter into a contract with their provider, the terms of which are laid out clearly for the reader prior to signing. I'm willing to bet that the ability to limit data use by certain apps (like BBM in this case) are within the carrier's rights under this contract.

So, again, what "rights" should Americans "stand up and fight" for? The "I don't like it even though I signed it" right?
    Unfortunately I am not a lawyer with enough exposure and depth in this matter. However this isn't about what anyone has signed off. It is about trade practices. US has the most advanced monopolies and restrictive trade practices regulation. Anti-trust laws, restricting consumer from products otherwise to be made available are part of the "right". Yes all of them just accept to clauses put in by providers but then that is why there is need for a class action suit. One individual cannot fight such restrictive practices. But then "who is to buy the bell" let alone "bell the cat"!

Posted using my Q10
    09-16-13 12:47 PM
36 12