Hi. I am using Content Transfer to switch from my Passport to a Key1. When the app prepares the texts for transfer it says I have about 23000 text messages and I don't believe I do! So, for good measure, I spent a couple of hours going through the text conversations and deleted as many more as I could. When I started the transfer process, there was virtually no change in the overall total. Is there something else I can try to sort this out. I have rebooted, removed the SIM, etc. ( I don't have a memory card in the phone ). I realize I can only transfer 3500 messages using Content Transfer but I don't even have that many. Thanks for any help/suggestions. By the way, this is the first time I have asked a question in the forums so be nice to me.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    05-30-18 10:42 PM
    I don't remember, but is it possible to "file" sms messages? In other words, you have messages that are not viewable in the main view, but you want to still keep them. The file option is useful for that when I have used email. Just can't remember if the same applies to SMS on BB10.

Maybe not. My other thought is that it is just a glitch in the message count. If so, the transfer may just take your real existing text messages (up to the first 3500).

Lastly, if the messages aren't too important to you, you could delete them all before the transfer. Otherwise, you will need an SMS Backup program. Then delete. Restore later on the new K1.

Hope things work nicely for you.
    05-31-18 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check to see if sms are saved somewhere in file manager. Do you have any names of other sms backup apps/programs I can use to try and back up the messages. Also, other than Content Transfer, I have heard that other apps/programs will allow a transfer of more than 3500. Any names?
    05-31-18 03:52 PM