Guys,

I`ve been through all of the forums but could not get a conclusive or effective idea.

I had 10.2.0.1443 installed on my STL100-2 Z10, everything was running cool and smooth.

I downloaded 2.0.1725, did a full backup of my phone via BBLINK and then installed the new leak.

*** I always wipe BEFORE and AFTER installing a new OS (leak or not)***

I cannot get BBLink to restore my app data and configs, I really need my contacts, emails and app (and configs as well, obviously).

Phone gets prepared for restoring, restore starts and, at 0%, the restore freezes and it stops.

I already tried rebooting the phone, the pc, reinstalled link, installed the leaked link, uninstalled the leaked link, reinstalled the official link release, nothing worked. Even tried in a different pc by transferring my backup file over to the other, but no success.

Can anybody please give me a light?

Any help will be much appreciated!
    Last edited by baracat; 09-16-13 at 08:15 AM.
    09-15-13 09:22 PM
    Try using Sachesi. Link never works for me.

AT&T SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    baracat likes this.
    09-15-13 09:32 PM
    Does sachesi work with a backup I did via BBLink?
    09-15-13 09:51 PM
    Does sachesi work with a backup I did via BBLink?
    It lets you navigate to the backup so try pointing to your link backup. I've never tried with a link backup so not sure. You could ask in the Sachesi thread.

baracat likes this.
    09-15-13 09:54 PM
    Ok so this is what happened:

I pointed to my BBLink backup and guess what, the same thing happens on Sachesi, just like in BBLink, restore starts, and at 0% it fails and goes back to Searching for USB Drive.

The other error it presents is that Sachesi reboots my Z10 and goes back to the same problem..

Getting real tired of this..
    09-15-13 10:01 PM
    Try reinstalling and don't wipe after just go straight for the restore.

If that doesn't work go back to the previous OS and restore. Delete your email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote and any apps that don't have data you care about stored on the device. Anything stored in the cloud should be removed from the device before backup.

I always strip my backups down to the bare minimum. Also if you plan on installing leaks frequently I would recommend putting your contacts in the cloud if you haven't already.

Good luck
    baracat likes this.
    09-15-13 10:42 PM
    Toobs, thank you so much for your advice.

I downgraded to 1443 and tried to restore, also without success. Phone starts restoring, but at 0% it freezes and Link says there is an error connecting to the phone.

Now installed 2.0.1725 again and will try without wiping.

Can you suggest me an app that puts my contacts in the cloud automatically? What do you recommend? (I dont care about paying 2-5 USD on a good app)
    Last edited by baracat; 09-16-13 at 08:13 AM.
    09-16-13 07:13 AM
    You can just use Google or another similar service and sync with that every time you restore.

09-16-13 07:19 AM
    Ok, after installing 1725 again, I tried the restore and guess what?

No success. It's strange, it seems that the problem is with the phone itself, because the little pop up that appears when restoring just disappears at 0% and then this causes Link to crash.

Anyone has a light? I feel like walking in circles here..
    Last edited by baracat; 09-16-13 at 08:18 AM.
    09-16-13 07:39 AM
    Install OS on phone, set up but SKIP the BlackBerry ID setup.
    Once setting up has been finished, add the BlackBerry ID via the Settings Menu.

Now try to restore - someone found out that method works in one of the leak threads and has been fine for me. (Though I skipped the Dev OS, I had the earlier ones and the newer ones.)

It should not make any difference where the BlackBerry ID is added, but apparently it does...
    baracat and Deanig_12 like this.
    09-16-13 08:48 AM
    Try to restore one thing at a time. App data, then media, then settings. Sometimes it works.
    baracat and PowderJockey like this.
    09-16-13 08:54 AM
    It depends on the mood of your phone or link, they get pms at time. I got mine to work on the second day and then unable to restore on the another day. Pretty much hit or miss.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:16 AM
    It depends on the mood of your phone or link, they get pms at time. I got mine to work on the second day and then unable to restore on the another day. Pretty much hit or miss.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahah I don't quite believe in the concept of mood when it comes to technology, but I will keep on trying.
    09-16-13 09:31 AM
    Install OS on phone, set up but SKIP the BlackBerry ID setup.
    Once setting up has been finished, add the BlackBerry ID via the Settings Menu.

Now try to restore - someone found out that method works in one of the leak threads and has been fine for me. (Though I skipped the Dev OS, I had the earlier ones and the newer ones.)

It should not make any difference where the BlackBerry ID is added, but apparently it does...
    Thanks for your advice. I tried wiping the device, skippped BBID login at the set up and then added ID afterwards.

Could not backup, even trying to backup one thing at a time, different orders also tried.

This is weird!! The phone reboots when I try to restore now..

********* I cannot think of anything else..
    Last edited by baracat; 09-16-13 at 10:16 AM.
    09-16-13 10:06 AM
    Ok, after installing 1725 again, I tried the restore and guess what?

No success. It's strange, it seems that the problem is with the phone itself, because the little pop up that appears when restoring just disappears at 0% and then this causes Link to crash.

Anyone has a light? I feel like walking in circles here..
    DetlevCM has a great point. But for simplicity I personally use oulook.com EAS for contacts I've heard of people using both ContactX and intouchapp.
    09-16-13 10:11 AM
    Thanks for your advice. I tried wiping the device, skippped BBID login at the set up and then added ID afterwards.

Could not backup, even trying to backup one thing at a time, different orders also tried.

********* I cannot think of anything else..
    Do you ever get any error message?
    I had a restore issue once - that's when one member pointed out the BlackBerry ID trick - which has worked ever since.

When i had the restore issue it would fail at 0% and a couple of times I got an error saying that there is non personal space on the phone.

Having said that, you say you wiped the device - try actually running the autoloader and then skip the BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:15 AM
    DetlevCM has a great point. But for simplicity I personally use oulook.com EAS for contacts I've heard of people using both ContactX and intouchapp.
    I keep ContactX handy and use it to create backups every now and then - however I have not tried to restore data yet. It would leave me unhappy as it only backs up actual data and not images of contacts - and yes, I have some with manually added images.
    As to third party services: the question is really, do you trust them fully?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:17 AM
    Do you ever get any error message?
    I had a restore issue once - that's when one member pointed out the BlackBerry ID trick - which has worked ever since.

When i had the restore issue it would fail at 0% and a couple of times I got an error saying that there is non personal space on the phone.

Having said that, you say you wiped the device - try actually running the autoloader and then skip the BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    The error message I get is: It seems BBLink had a problem connecting to your device. Make sure the device is connected via USB...

The weird thing is that the phone reboots when it starts to restore..
    09-16-13 10:30 AM
    The error message I get is: It seems BBLink had a problem connecting to your device. Make sure the device is connected via USB...

Have you tried different USB port or cable?
    baracat likes this.
    09-16-13 10:33 AM

I think it aborts and then send a a reboot sequence to clear the reboot attempt - and if the restore succeeds it reboots as well.

Posted via CB10
    baracat likes this.
    09-16-13 10:59 AM
    As to third party services: the question is really, do you trust them fully?

Posted via CB10
    That's a whole different conversation buddy:-)
    09-16-13 11:07 AM
    Have you tried different USB port or cable?
    Yes and yes
    09-16-13 12:31 PM
    It's your computer, not Link or the phone. Use CCleaner on your computer, reboot it, make sure you are using latest version of link. PM Me if you still have problems. I restored from 1443 with no problems. BTW, I restored settings first then both media and apps...

Trusted Member
    baracat likes this.
    09-16-13 02:29 PM
    It's your computer, not Link or the phone. Use CCleaner on your computer, reboot it, make sure you are using latest version of link. PM Me if you still have problems. I restored from 1443 with no problems. BTW, I restored settings first then both media and apps...

Trusted Member
    Yes my friend, I also thought that was the issue. However, I installed BBLink on another pc just to find the exact same problem..
    09-16-13 02:41 PM

Trusted Member
    It has nothing to do with the computer. I tried restoring on two PCs and a Mac, don't bother with cc cleaner.

It simply crashes after 408k each time....I tried 5 backups and 3 laptops, also went back to 1443...no luck amigos-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    baracat likes this.
    09-16-13 03:31 PM
52 123