I recently tried to unlock a ATT passport which was brand new in sealed box, when I requested the unlock code from ATT I got a message back saying

We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

This device is no longer actively supported

There is no unlock code available for this device

Is there any other way of getting it unlocked?
    07-20-20 02:03 PM
    I recently tried to unlock a ATT passport which was brand new in sealed box, when I requested the unlock code from ATT I got a message back saying

We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

This device is no longer actively supported

There is no unlock code available for this device

Is there any other way of getting it unlocked?
    Try a 3rd party?
    07-20-20 02:04 PM
    Does third party not go through the service provider to get the code?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-20 06:28 PM
    Does third party not go through the service provider to get the code?

Posted via CB10
    No.... they should be able to help you even when the carrier will not.
    07-21-20 09:41 AM
    Did you try the unlock portal directly?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/unlockstep1
    07-21-20 03:04 PM
    It can also be that he did not put in an AT&T sim. In order to unlock it, it must be on network.
    07-21-20 03:56 PM
    AT&T requires that the phone be active on their network at least 6 months first before they'll even think about unlocking it.

Then, there is the fact that AT&T probably had to have sold it to begin with so the IMEI is in their system.

AT&T is also known to purge inactive IMEIs after a while. So, while the phone may be branded to AT&T, and it's IMEI may have been in their system pending the sale, it's likely that if it was never activated in all these years, it was purged long ago.

So, really, the first point above is the basic issue - having never been activated with AT&T service in the first place.

A third party is your only shot.
    07-21-20 05:39 PM
    It can also be that he did not put in an AT&T sim. In order to unlock it, it must be on network.
    When I unlocked my old AT&T iPhone (years ago) to use in Europe, AT&T told me I had to be on a non AT&T network for the unlock to work. I went and got a cheap T-mobile SIM. The process worked great. This may have been because I no longer had an AT&T account.
    07-22-20 01:03 PM
    When I unlocked my old AT&T iPhone (years ago) to use in Europe, AT&T told me I had to be on a non AT&T network for the unlock to work. I went and got a cheap T-mobile SIM. The process worked great. This may have been because I no longer had an AT&T account.
    That is part of the process of unlocking it once you have the code. You put in a non-AT&T sim, it will than prompt for an unlock code.

At least, that's their instructions for Android phones. Didn't know if iPhones were the same or not.

BB10 phones have a place to input an unlock code deep in Settings even if you have an AT&T sim in it, so those may not need a non-AT&T sim first, but I'm not really sure.
    07-22-20 01:24 PM