Anyone know why I can file emails from my Inbox but not Sent Items.

The File option doesn't appear in sent items.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:27 AM
    I think it's designed that way. If you want BB to change it, then try contacting them....

Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US
    08-21-13 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, have you been able to file your sent items on your computer?

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... 810 Runtime
    08-22-13 03:52 AM
    @pkcable: LOL - classic CB defense: a gaping oversight on BlackBerry's part, but it MUST be by design! They couldn't possibly have simple erroneously omitted functionality, right? BlackBerry? Impossible.

@gearhead: I can, in Outlook, very easily.

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    08-22-13 07:03 AM
    So when you send email from your phone, does it display in the "Sent" folder on your computer? Od where does it display if at all?

PS. What type of account is it? iMap or PoP.
    08-22-13 07:27 AM
    In Sent items with my EAS and Gmail accounts. Not so with my Yahoo IMAP account.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:03 AM
    This is a corporate device synced with my Outlook account.

I can file sent item emails on my BlackBerry Torch.

Not sure why they removed this feature in BB10.

If I send emails yes they appear in my sent items on the device as well as in Outlook.

Currently only way I can file Sent Items is from Outlook.

They need to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:14 PM
    I had sent this question around six months ago, no one found out, Blackberry hasn't changed anything... It's a bug, and its been there since the beginning of OS10. BB better get a handle on this, since I have had to use my 9900 to file my written emails... It's very awkward!
    08-25-13 12:17 PM
    I know it's an old thread, but I'm running 10.2.1.1925 now and I still can't file sent items - I'd love it if my BB10 put sent items into the same folder as the received messages when I choose to file the thread. Not sure how to get this feature request into Blackberry's hands, but I'm hoping they check these forums from time to time for ideas
    02-14-14 09:18 AM
    If you want to view sent items together with the rest of an email thread you can always use 'conversation view'.
    I know it is not perfect, but until BB10 can handle multiple 'tags/folders' well, I prefer it this way. Unless you want to remove sent messages from the Sent folder, but I would rather keep them there.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-14-14 09:27 AM
    Don't know if this helps, but you can flag sent mails to the Unfiled folder and move to another folder from there, if necessary. Or you can file full conversations using Exporter.
    02-14-14 09:48 AM
    Use the delete from hub option and the next time you're connect with outlook, file it from there. I wouldn't rely on Blackberry paying any attention to what the productive users of Blackberry need. They don't seem to care anymore.
    04-01-14 11:21 AM
    This has annoyed me from day one. It's pretty pathetic that I have to pull out my iPad to file a sent message into a folder. You know, with BlackBerry being the king of email and all. Can't believe it's been over a year and they still haven't fixed this.
    04-01-14 10:29 PM
    It's coming with 10.3!!!

http://m.crackberry.com/filling-sent-messages-will-return-blackberry-os-103
    05-07-14 08:32 PM
    Universal search is so good, why would anyone waste their time filing emails?
    05-08-14 12:03 AM
    Because I need it synced up with Outlook. I have hundreds of folders that I need to keep records in.
    Ecm likes this.
    05-08-14 12:15 AM
    I have to keep all messages together on a project by project basis. When the project is complete, I archive them from within DT Outlook. Everyone has their own set of requirements.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    05-08-14 07:36 AM
    I have to keep all messages together on a project by project basis. When the project is complete, I archive them from within DT Outlook. Everyone has their own set of requirements.
    I am trying to find a solution as I have the exact same problem - A thought... What if we stopped keeping sent mail but copied ourselves on the email, reply or forward - that way every email would be in our inbox without increasing the actual number of emails
    05-23-14 08:21 PM
    I am trying to find a solution as I have the exact same problem - A thought... What if we stopped keeping sent mail but copied ourselves on the email, reply or forward - that way every email would be in our inbox without increasing the actual number of emails
    As Denny said, it's in the upcoming 10.3. I'm running the leaked version on one of my devices -- and filing those pesky sent messages at will! No more work-arounds for me.
    05-23-14 09:45 PM
    It has been added!!! I'm on 10.3.0.296/442.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-23-14 11:49 PM
    It's cool that this feature finally got returned in 10.3 - but the 10.3.0.296 I'm running has all sorts of other email issues. The UI stinks IMHO.

And you know what's funny? Crackberry's PM interface (vBulletin, actually) has the same exact problem: you can't file sent messages.

05-24-14 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's in 10.3 which means it took BlackBerry over 2 years to get something into the BB10 OS which had been in BBOS for as long as I can remember.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-24-14 02:12 AM
    It's in 10.3 which means it took BlackBerry over 2 years to get something into the BB10 OS which had been in BBOS for as long as I can remember.
    If your criteria for success is "anything that has been in BBOS that didn't make it to BB10", that will be a long list indeed.

Though luckily, there are a variety of features from BBOS that we could certainly live without these days.

And I have a long list of things that I'd like that BBOS never had, like the ability to view full email headers. No excuse not to have that these days, the email client is a full-featured endpoint, not just a spoon-fed display engine for stuff that they decided to send over the BIS/BES tunnel.
    05-24-14 02:33 AM
    Write the developers directly at [email protected] and [email protected]

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-24-14 07:28 PM
    Oh wow this just dreadful. I know you all wanted this option, but now if you "file" a sent item it actually removes it from the "sent" folder entirely.
    That is kind of the opposite of what I would want. I was expecting the filing to add an email to a folder, but still have it show in the sent item view as well (so to have the 'sent' tag be persistant).
    The way it looks now makes it even harder for me to look for old, sent, filed items. There is no way to visually separate sent items from others anymore.
    _____

Ending on a positive note, there is now (10.3) a smart-filing system it seems, where it can automatically choose the appropriate folder.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-28-14 03:09 AM
28 12