Guys i cant seembto download big apps or games via data. I have turned off automatic wifi beyond 50mb in the options but it still asks me to connect to wifi whenever i try to download big apps. Im on unlidata and i can download anything but the phone wont let me.. how do you fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:44 AM
    Guys i cant seembto download big apps or games via data. I have turned off automatic wifi beyond 50mb in the options but it still asks me to connect to wifi whenever i try to download big apps. Im on unlidata and i can download anything but the phone wont let me.. how do you fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    You don't. As noted when you disabled the 50MB downloads...

04-25-13 06:20 AM
    Hmmm am i the only one who feels that there should be an option to toggle this depending on your liking?

Posted via CB10
    zehkaiser likes this.
    04-25-13 09:28 AM
    I agree. It's my data, I should be able to use it the way I want to. Not the least of which, my LTE speeds are often faster then my wifi speeds. Lol
    zehkaiser likes this.
    04-25-13 09:35 AM
    I agree, I dont want to have to use wifi, indeed I may well choose to do away with broadband at home and just use the mobile as an access point.....what a crock that restriction is.
    04-25-13 10:44 AM
    Complain to your carrier. Every smartphone has this limit. It isn't specific to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:00 AM
    Looks like the Carriers know better.
    04-25-13 11:04 AM
    Looks like the Carriers know better.
    Last I checked, they owned the wireless spectrum that we're using.....

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:13 AM
    This is not a carrier thing. I can download big apps with my samsung.. how is it not available with the z10? We should be able to have the choice to use data over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:34 AM
    It's a precaution for those who Don't want to exceed over their limit and want to use WIFI.
    You can't please everyone. Just be glad they Did include this or a lot of people including myself, who does Not have unlimited data, would be very angry.
    04-25-13 12:45 PM
    With all due respect, but if people can't figure out how to manage their own data and then get mad for downloading more mad being charged for it then what they have available each month, that's there own da** fault.

Not to mention that most carriers will send you a text message when you are approaching your limit.

I really hate having to always cater to the lowest common denominator. It's an absurd restriction that penalizes the intelligent and responsible in favor of the ignorant and stupid.

Posted via CB10
    xxjavaxx2001 likes this.
    04-25-13 12:56 PM
    Some aren't rich and can't afford unlimited data. I know about ATT sending a text message. I'm on ATT. I'm just glad that blackberry did Not overlook this and are watching out for happy customers. I don't have this over the limit problem but I was only speaking for the ones that DO monitor their data.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:24 PM
    This is not a carrier thing. I can download big apps with my samsung.. how is it not available with the z10? We should be able to have the choice to use data over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    What carrier are you on?

It's the same on my wifes iPhone, it's restricted to a certain number of MB's.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:41 PM
    Im from the Philippines and they offer unlimited mobile data over here for the price of 20$.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:51 PM
    Some aren't rich and can't afford unlimited data. I know about ATT sending a text message. I'm on ATT. I'm just glad that blackberry did Not overlook this and are watching out for happy customers. I don't have this over the limit problem but I was only speaking for the ones that DO monitor their data.

Posted via CB10
    I re-read what I typed and realized that it could be misconstrued as being directed personally to calicocat2010 rather than as a response to the ideas/content of the post. I wanted to clarify that that was not my intention. And if offense was taken, then I apologize.
    04-25-13 11:26 PM
    Complain to your carrier. Every smartphone has this limit. It isn't specific to BlackBerry.

Not a carrier thing, I have an Android phone on VZW and there isn't this restriction. I've downloaded games that are over 1 or 2 GB using 4G.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:05 AM
    Not a carrier thing, I have an Android phone on VZW and there isn't this restriction. I've downloaded games that are over 1 or 2 GB using 4G.

Oh, so your carrier allows it. That sounds like it's carrier specific to me.

It is a carrier thing. If your carrier allows it then that's great. Rogers, for example does not allow it.

P.S. Learn how to use that quote feature properly when you post. I just had to edit the sht out of that stuff to make it look right when I replied.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:15 AM
    Oh, so your carrier allows it. That sounds like it's carrier specific to me.

It is a carrier thing. If your carrier allows it then that's great. Rogers, for example does not allow it.

P.S. Learn how to use that quote feature properly when you post. I just had to edit the sht out of that stuff to make it look right when I replied.

You never specified which carrier you use.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also depends on where he live a lot of countries do not have unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:02 PM