Hey everyone,

All of a sudden I can't download attachments anymore from my outlook/hotmail in the blackberry hub. The files I receive on my other email account still work fine. I already deleted the account and added back but it still doenst work.

I couldn't find a solution for this problem anywhere. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:41 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:33 AM
    well... currently I'm having the same issues. Must have started during the day, because yesterday everything was fine.

Having an outlook.com account. As far as I could narrow it down, it occurs in some constellation with the sender's mail server. The same mail sent to my outlook account by using two different mail server provides eventually two results - one mail with download able attachments and the other without. If I'm forwarding the problematic mail to a second account, the attachment(s) can be downloaded once again.

regards
    11-04-15 06:25 PM
    I'm having the same issues with my Outlook account. What's going on???

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:01 PM
    In a email I received today I could open the attachment, attachments send by the same person before I couldn't and still can't. So it is still being weird here.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:38 AM
    I all

I'm unable to, since yesterday. But i've notice that it's not only on my Blackberry, but even on my pc windows 10.
    Could't be some changes occuring on hotmail servers?
    11-06-15 04:14 PM
    Anyone have any idea what's up with this yet? ir started the same time for be. Tried the same thing. If I email myself from my hotmail to my live account I can always open my pictures I attach. But when other people try sending to the live account I get that same error.
    When I log in from the browser works no problem. Super frustrating. Can't find anything online that suggests other people are having the issue before finding this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 05:00 PM
    not really... for the sake of time wasting i tried with my old bold 9900 and bis - guess what: it was working w/o troubles. in addition it was working with an ios device too.

i stumbled upon an approx two year old - and quite similar - issue in the outlook fora but can't remember it currently. it was something weird with the certificate of the backend server which seemed to be expired. would be a coincidence because this thread was from 2013 and regarding a common validity period of a webserver certificate of two years we might got lucky?

i'll give it a try once more tomorrow.
    11-09-15 05:36 PM
    Did somebody fix this issue???????
    11-16-15 08:10 PM
    UPDATE : As mentioned I have had the same problem. Solution to this problem is removing your blackberry from the allowed active sync list.

1. Login to outlook.com �
    2. click on the cog wheel at the top right hand side of the screen
    3. Select options or settings.
    4. Go to mail, and unfold Accounts there you will find Connected accounts. Delete your blackberry and reconnect/reregister just by refreshing your mail on your blackberry.

If all things go all right you should be receiving attachments again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hendmein; 11-18-15 at 07:53 AM.
    conbrio29, zephyr613 and Igoran69 like this.
    11-17-15 02:02 PM
    UPDATE : As mentioned I have had the same problem. Solution to this problem is removing your blackberry from the allowed active sync list.

1. Login to outlook.com �
    4. Go to mail, and unfold Accounts there you will find Connected accounts. Delete your blackberry and reconnect/reregister just by refreshing your mail on your blackberry.

If all things go all right you should be receiving attachments again.

Posted via CB10
    Tried the above. In step 4, under Connected Accounts, didn't see any BlackBerry listed but still refreshed it anyway and seems to be working now! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-18-15 08:03 AM
    Tried the above. In step 4, under Connected Accounts, didn't see any BlackBerry listed but still refreshed it anyway and seems to be working now! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear. I think the problem occurs due to the extra layer of security with the new outlook mail. I personally like the previous Hotmail interface.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 04:25 PM
    I had the same problem with my Z30 after my hotmail has been converted to outlook with no choices of mine (I prefer my old faithfull hotmail interface...
    Excuse my english for any mistakes....

This is what worked for me:

1. Login to outlook.com on your computer,
    4. Go to mail, and unfold Accounts there you will find POP and IMAP, click on it.
    5. Click on YES under POP options and click on save (upleft)
    6. Logout from outlook
    7. On your Blackberry device, delete your hotmail account and create it again.

Hope it will works for your!
    11-30-15 01:48 PM
    I had the same problem with my Z30 after my hotmail has been converted to outlook with no choices of mine (I prefer my old faithfull hotmail interface...
    Excuse my english for any mistakes....

This is what worked for me:

1. Login to outlook.com on your computer,
    4. Go to mail, and unfold Accounts there you will find POP and IMAP, click on it.
    5. Click on YES under POP options and click on save (upleft)
    6. Logout from outlook
    7. On your Blackberry device, delete your hotmail account and create it again.

Hope it will works for your!
    Note that if you select POP, all your mail will be stored on your phone thus leaving your webmail empty. Meaning your inbox will only be stored in one place and not online anymore. Use IMAP protocol instead using my instructions listed above. It should work fine!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 04:25 PM
    Been having issues with this for months. It's my main account too!

Was able to fix it. I honestly don't know how nor remember the step. Just glad that i fixed it.

Can I have my hotmail/live back? Why Microsoft gotta ruin everything?
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 12-02-15 at 11:27 PM.
    12-01-15 05:15 PM
    Been having issues with this for months. It's my main account too!

Was able to fix it. I honestly don't know how and remember the step. Just glad that i fixed it.

Can I have my hotmail/live back? Why Microsoft gotta ruin everything?
    Not possible, it's a forced and non voluntarily upgrade. Eventually everybody needs to use outlook.com to log on. You are just the first to experience the bads.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 05:27 PM
    I'm having exactly the same issue. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 01:40 PM
    I'm having exactly the same issue. Any fix?

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Read my previous post.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 02:46 PM
    I'm having an open support call at microsoft (meanwhile at support level 3). In my case the removal of the device didn't help. In addition I have some other issues with my account, which came up approx. a month ago, so it might be something different. Will report back, if something valuable will come up.

regards
    12-02-15 03:06 PM
    Yes! Read my previous post.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to use POP. I prefer IMAP since it's more convenient if you open mails on multiple devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 04:05 PM
    I don't want to use POP. I prefer IMAP since it's more convenient if you open mails on multiple devices.

Posted via CB10
    My solution doesn't state any use of POP? Check post #10 for my reply to your problem

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:37 PM
    My BlackBerry doesn't show up as a connected device. Even odder is I can't download pdf files even on my computer now!

I had some success with re-adding the account until I restarted my phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 03:29 PM
    My BlackBerry doesn't show up as a connected device. Even odder is I can't download pdf files even on my computer now!

I had some success with re-adding the account until I restarted my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Tried refreshing the list of connected devices?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 03:42 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 04:30 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    Off topic but hopefully a solution to your problem.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...d-649389b46fb8

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 08:21 PM
53 123