I deleted my payment mthod from BBworld when they stopped selling apps. I just went back on to download apps that I have paid for and it won't allow me. It says that I don't have a valid payment method and it won't allow me to add one. Now I can't download the apps that I already paid for

Posted via CB10
    11-24-19 02:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Low Joe;13466487]I deleted my payment mthod from BBworld when they stopped selling apps. I just went back on to download apps that I have paid for and it won't allow me. It says that I don't have a valid payment method and it won't allow me to add one. Now I can't download the apps that I already paid for

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

Just go into BBW /My World/My apps and games/available , then scroll down to your app and reinstall.
    11-24-19 03:00 PM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;13466491]
    I deleted my payment mthod from BBworld when they stopped selling apps. I just went back on to download apps that I have paid for and it won't allow me. It says that I don't have a valid payment method and it won't allow me to add one. Now I can't download the apps that I already paid for

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

Just go into BBW /My World/My apps and games/available , then scroll down to your app and reinstall.
    I did that but it doesn't work. It usually says I already own the app but now it just says that I don't have a payment method setup

Posted via CB10
    11-24-19 03:30 PM
    [QUOTE=Low Joe;13466498]

I did that but it doesn't work. It usually says I already own the app but now it just says that I don't have a payment method setup

Posted via CB10
    OK - I'm not sure but it seems like that payment deletion has indeed nullified your BBW app installs. I think this is the first I've heard of this situation but maybe others can chime in with their experiences. I just left all as it was (as I suspect most people did) when they announced the discontinuation of payment and so we have not been affected.
    11-24-19 03:38 PM
    I didn't want to leave my credit card info floating in limbo when the servers shut down

Posted via CB10
    11-24-19 03:56 PM
    I didn't want to leave my credit card info floating in limbo when the servers shut down

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you need to contact BB and hope you’re not SOL on this.
    11-24-19 10:30 PM
    Seems weird.

I never had a payment method set up. All the apps I paid for went through carrier billing, until AT&T killed that about 5 years ago.

I can still download Fire Chest Backup which I got maybe a month before AT&T stopped carrier billing. I just tried it and it loaded with no problems.

Seems like your BBID somehow got messed up on BBW. Just guessing though.
    11-25-19 11:17 AM
    Yeah, I just left my info as well... at this point it is out of date anyway. And I'm not sure deleting it is the same as totally removing it from their system.

I can still access a few of my paid apps.... but not all. Some developers removed their apps, so it's kinda hit and miss on reinstalling paid apps anyway.
    11-25-19 11:48 AM
    Yeah, both BeWeather and BeBuzz are totally gone. Both paid for.

I never kept them in a backup because; 1. BeBuzz became redundant once the OS allowed custom LED colors per account and notification type natively in Settings (and that was around 10.2 or so, I think), and 2. BeWeather quit working about a year ago.

They both still show up when looking up My World on the appworld.blackberry website, but clicking on them goes to an "unknown item" error page.

Actually, that's something to look for. Check out appworld.blackberry.com and log in with your BBID there. Then click "My World" (you might have to sign in again). See if anything shows up, including all previous downloads, whether you kept them or not. Your whole history of apps should show up, even if the app doesn't exist anymore.
    Last edited by joeldf; 11-25-19 at 12:36 PM.
    brookie229 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-25-19 12:20 PM