Huh?
    Lol

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-22-13 10:04 AM
    Tim's location search doesn't work on my Q10. Sometimes, when I'm in the middle of nowhere, I would like to find a Timmy's nearby because at least their menu is predictable. But the app searches and searches until it times out. I remember the original iPhone 1 app worked perfectly, even in Europe (it gave the eastmost store in Gander, Newfoundland).

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:04 AM
    Me too. Not sure I get it.
    I get it, I want it, I'm disappointed that I can't have it but yes I'm still on BB10 but many people are not switching to BB10 because they they want it, can't have it so now I'm negatively affected because the user base for BB10 is not growing like it could if the "deal breaker " apps were more abundant.

It is absolutely errelovent what the missing apps are other then if they have a large enough following of current or a potential user base to make a developer decide to produce a BB10 app and manage it moving forward.

Somebody's got a fomular for determining the threshold of when "large is large enough" but I'm not gonna google right now.

08-22-13 10:20 AM
    Second Cup coffee is a lot better than Starbucks anyway. The lattes are way better.
    08-22-13 10:33 AM
    Me too. Not sure I get it.
    I do too....but paying for it by scanning your phone would be a nice option....option being the key word here. Options BB.
    Toronto Girl likes this.
    08-22-13 10:40 AM
    I think the whole point is that companies that ignore paying customers by not providing an app are dicks. Whether or not you like Starbucks, or would even use the application (which is useful by the way) isn't even the point. BB10 needs apps. We don't need another 300 rickety offline city GPS apps, or whatever it was that was found to take up 30+% of the BBW catalog added.

I am a Netflix guy, but I wouldn't personally ever use my Z10 to watch a movie. Still, I want the app developed and put out. They can afford it, especially if the Android app is already made. They can tweak the existing one a bit and make it even better on a BB10 if they are feeling generous. Build one from the ground up for us? Even better... but not enough companies are doing that.

And it's a catch-22. No one wants to develop for a platform without sufficient user base, but no one wants to buy a platform without sufficient app support. If I were buying my first smartphone today, reading the internet finding out what's out there, what sorts of apps I could get, etc... I'd probably buy an Android right now.

But I do know better, so I am keeping the Z10, because I know the OS itself is better... the core experience of BB10 messaging, handling of everything, integration... it just can't be touched. Android feels like a bunch of stuff thrown together with no feeling of harmony. Apple? I like to do things my own way, so -- no.

For the record: I don't miss Starbucks at all. If they made an app today I would not break my boycott... mostly because I just simply found better coffee, but it's not quite as convenient to get. But I still want them to stop being asses and put out a damn app. It's better for BlackBerry... which is better for us.
    Icarus3000, Morty2264 and deltact like this.
    08-22-13 11:01 AM
    I am a Netflix guy, but I wouldn't personally ever use my Z10 to watch a movie. Still, I want the app developed and put out. They can afford it, especially if the Android app is already made. They can tweak the existing one a bit and make it even better on a BB10 if they are feeling generous. Build one from the ground up for us? Even better... but not enough companies are doing that.
    They should be generous? They can afford it so they should do it? I'm sorry, I must exist in a different business world than you do.
    08-22-13 11:22 AM
    Lol at starbucks letting you decide what phone you have. This is the most ridiculous excuse ever. Who drinks that shart anyway's TIMMIES UP!!!!

Posted via CB Q-10
    08-22-13 11:24 AM
    Lol at starbucks letting you decide what phone you have. This is the most ridiculous excuse ever. Who drinks that shart anyway's TIMMIES UP!!!!

Posted via CB Q-10

I actually decide what phone I get. I base that on what of the things I want to do that I can or can't do with a given phone. Starbucks app is one of many I can do with phones other than BBs.
    08-22-13 12:53 PM
    I, just like many other smart phone users, base the devices value on how it makes my life easier/more enjoyable, not on how advanced the OS is, or how powerful the hardware my be.

Fact is, BB10 is missing a lot of these 'disposable little apps' that make my day to day life easier. It's an issue and if you ignore that fact, you're blind. Just because you and a handful of other CrackBerry fans don't like Starbucks and wouldn't have a use for the app, it doesn't mean it isn't beneficial to what appears to be many, many more people - at least based on the amount of people you see carrying those silly iPhone and android devices around.

I went to iPhone for a while. I miss a lot of the apps and I only came back to black because of the Q10's keyboard. No way I'd have switched to BB for a full touch screen device that was missing much of the features that are provided by a fully stocked app marketplace.

Bottom line - apps matter now. Just because they don't to you doesn't mean other people won't base their 2-3 year investment on this and this alone!
    08-22-13 01:08 PM
    By the way, my Starbuucks app has informed me that the next one is on them. Be thinking of you.
    08-22-13 01:13 PM
    I, just like many other smart phone users, base the devices value on how it makes my life easier/more enjoyable, not on how advanced the OS is, or how powerful the hardware my be.

Fact is, BB10 is missing a lot of these 'disposable little apps' that make my day to day life easier. It's an issue and if you ignore that fact, you're blind. Just because you and a handful of other CrackBerry fans don't like Starbucks and wouldn't have a use for the app, it doesn't mean it isn't beneficial to what appears to be many, many more people - at least based on the amount of people you see carrying those silly iPhone and android devices around.

I went to iPhone for a while. I miss a lot of the apps and I only came back to black because of the Q10's keyboard. No way I'd have switched to BB for a full touch screen device that was missing much of the features that are provided by a fully stocked app marketplace.

Bottom line - apps matter now. Just because they don't to you doesn't mean other people won't base their 2-3 year investment on this and this alone!
    I'm100 percent in agreement with your statement.

Well said.

08-22-13 01:15 PM
    They recently opened a Starbucks here in an oil town in Northern Canada. I cam honestly say I will never step foot in it.
    I have been to a few in Ontario though with friends and wasn't impressed. Coffee tastes like acid.

I don't always Order Grande
    But when I do I chase it with a Double Double

Oil sands Fueled
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-22-13 01:21 PM
    They recently opened a Starbucks here in an oil town in Northern Canada. I cam honestly say I will never step foot in it.
    I have been to a few in Ontario though with friends and wasn't impressed. Coffee tastes like acid.

I don't always Order Grande
    But when I do I chase it with a Double Double

Oil sands Fueled
    All these posts about Starbucks coffee sucking are completely irrelevant to BB and its problems. (I happen to agree, by the way. I hate their coffee.)
    08-22-13 01:32 PM
    All these posts about Starbucks coffee sucking are completely irrelevant to BB and its problems. (I happen to agree, by the way. I hate their coffee.)
    If you were faced with criticizing Starbucks coffee or trying to convince people there wasnt an app problem with Blackberries, which way would you go?
    08-22-13 01:44 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:45 PM
    Not surprising.

People who say oh people are lazy etc etc I hate how we have become are being hypocritical. Everyone on this forums tries to make a negative case out of something and place blame on the people and not the company.

If you are against moving forward and people appreciating effeciency, than maybe you'd find happiness using a landline versus your cell phone. Using a phone that requires you to spin the dial versus push the button. Same concept. Apps do just that, they make life easier and make it more convenient to do thing you do on a daily basis.

Althought the OS on a stand alone basis for BB10 may be more effecient than iOS or Android, as a whole ecosystem it is far behind.

That is the issue for BB and will continue to be one in my opinion.
    08-22-13 01:55 PM
    This is another hilarious instance when it comes to comparing OS's.

IOS depends so heavily on its app ecosystem for greatness. Because the OS itself is bare. Same with the standard Android OS. All the great features come in the form of apps.

What I love about Bb10 is that the OS, out of the box, can already do so much that I don't pine for apps.

And to totally ignore a great, feature full device simply because it doesn't have Starbucks.... sad deal. Their loss.

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    08-22-13 02:09 PM
    This is another hilarious instance when it comes to comparing OS's.

IOS depends so heavily on its app ecosystem for greatness. Because the OS itself is bare. Same with the standard Android OS. All the great features come in the form of apps.

What I love about Bb10 is that the OS, out of the box, can already do so much that I don't pine for apps.

And to totally ignore a great, feature full device simply because it doesn't have Starbucks.... sad deal. Their loss.

I don't think there is much if anything that is useful to me that BB10 can do that iOS or Android can't do out of the box as well. Evernote being one exception but I think the Evernote apps are better than Remember in any case. And the fact that it is native matters why? In both cases I touch an icon on the screen. What's behind that matters to me why? If it was just Starbucks it would be a little silly but it isn't. It is a lot of things. And no compelling case on why to skip them for a native OS. Really, no ones cares about the OS. If they did BB wouldn't be where they are now.
    08-22-13 02:15 PM
    What I love about Bb10 is that the OS, out of the box, can already do so much
    Like what?
    08-22-13 02:20 PM
    Like what?
    Phone calls and email. And browser. Apple and Android, same. Actually, I had an iOS app that let me dial with a rotary dial.
    08-22-13 02:23 PM
    2 words...

Tim Horton's they have a few locations state side....kinda hate to admit it, BUT McDonald's has some nice coffee as well.
    08-22-13 03:08 PM
    I don't think there is much if anything that is useful to me that BB10 can do that iOS or Android can't do out of the box as well. Evernote being one exception but I think the Evernote apps are better than Remember in any case. And the fact that it is native matters why? In both cases I touch an icon on the screen. What's behind that matters to me why? If it was just Starbucks it would be a little silly but it isn't. It is a lot of things. And no compelling case on why to skip them for a native OS. Really, no ones cares about the OS. If they did BB wouldn't be where they are now.
    I'd cite the HUB, the email formatting capabilities, REMOTE access to your files while you're out and about (and the fact that I can type a document on the bus and save it directly to my home PC's desktop), BBM (especially on the coming weeks), the very powerful Docs to Go, etc.

This is great, integrated OS right out of the box.

08-22-13 03:20 PM
    I'd cite the HUB, the email formatting capabilities, REMOTE access to your files while you're out and about (and the fact that I can type a document on the bus and save it directly to my home PC's desktop), BBM (especially on the coming weeks), the very powerful Docs to Go, etc.

This is great, integrated OS right out of the box.

The hub I just don't see as anything special. You are correct about the docs. I would need apps for that on an iPhone and have several possible ways to do it with apps. When I type docs on my desktop they can automatically go to iCloud in which case they appear on my phone and ipad when I open them or in Dropbox or google docs. Again, I don't see the issue with apps versus native in general.
    08-22-13 03:27 PM
    There's no issue with downloading an app. It just won't be as integrated into the system as a native one. The File Manager has that gesture but into it. If I ran a third party solution, like I do on my android, I'd likely have to have a client running on my home PC, and the movement of files between the native file manager and the app likely wouldn't be as fluid.

Clouds are fine and all. But direct access remove the middle step of putting all your stuff on the net.

As for the hub. I DO see it as a very special feature. On my iPhone I have to go into whatsapp to navigate around my whatsapp messages, open my email to navigated around my email inboxes, then go to my messages to navigate around my various conversations. Same story for my phone and voice mail and Skype and.... the list goes on. App switching is tedious and, since it brings you to the last thing you were doing within that app, requires you to re-navegate within each app's submenus to open each new window and conversation. In the hub it's in one spot. Visible at a glance.

Apple's new notification center will do wondering to remedy the current situation. But i still see the HUB as an essential feature; one that third party developers have been trying to do for years now (putting all twitter and Facebook and live messenger and whatever into one IM app).

dusdal likes this.
    08-22-13 03:38 PM
214 ... 23456 ...