It's not about the coffee, and it's not about Starbucks vs Timmy's. It's about major companies not only ignoring, but outright rejecting BlackBerry users. They place so little value on us as a customer demographic that they won't pay for 4 hours of a developer's time to port an existing Android app to BB10. And that's really sad.

Posted via CB10
    gng11, Boots4283 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    09-08-13 08:48 PM
    It's all about the money. Will they be gaining anything by porting their app? If they're not, I totally understand why they're not making an app for BB10. But if they would make money, why wouldn't they? I don't know.

(And I wasn't trying to make it Starbucks vs TH, even if it did sound like it.)

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443.
    09-08-13 10:21 PM
    It's not about the coffee, and it's not about Starbucks vs Timmy's. It's about major companies not only ignoring, but outright rejecting BlackBerry users. They place so little value on us as a customer demographic that they won't pay for 4 hours of a developer's time to port an existing Android app to BB10. And that's really sad.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, as with any business, people should be looking at a Customer/Blackberry user-to-business relationship. If there are enough customers who are Blackberry users, then it should call and qualify for an app.

In the case of Starbucks, I am sure many Blackberry users are loyal Gold Card or higher users (if any) who spend a lot of money per week.

But I think Starbucks doesn't see it that way, at least not at the moment. Maybe they were thinking BB users does not necessarily mean Starbucks customers? That they could pay with their cards anyway? Or maybe, they're tied to Apple and Android (in other words, bought off by the big 2?)
    09-08-13 11:17 PM
    And at Tim Hortons you don't pay $5 for a cup of coffee like you do at Starbucks.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever Starbucks calls their large coffee is like $3.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:44 PM
    Exactly, as with any business, people should be looking at a Customer/Blackberry user-to-business relationship. If there are enough customers who are Blackberry users, then it should call and qualify for an app.

In the case of Starbucks, I am sure many Blackberry users are loyal Gold Card or higher users (if any) who spend a lot of money per week.

But I think Starbucks doesn't see it that way, at least not at the moment. Maybe they were thinking BB users does not necessarily mean Starbucks customers? That they could pay with their cards anyway? Or maybe, they're tied to Apple and Android (in other words, bought off by the big 2?)
    Starbucks CEO sits on the board of Square Inc and Starbucks owns part of Square Inc and Square Inc is developing in Android & iOS. Good luck with getting them to jump to BB10. They have much bigger plans in the mobile payments space going after the worldwide players like Visa etc. Now that's the big money place to play.

Just say'n

Long live the Squircle!

Squricle of Trust Group Co-Founder | Owner In_loco_nomen Squricle of Trust Channel | Channel PIN C00120C87
    09-09-13 02:58 PM
    Starbucks CEO sits on the board of Square Inc and Starbucks owns part of Square Inc and Square Inc is developing in Android & iOS. Good luck with getting them to jump to BB10. They have much bigger plans in the mobile payments space going after the worldwide players like Visa etc. Now that's the big money place to play.

Just say'n

Long live the Squircle!

Squricle of Trust Group Co-Founder | Owner In_loco_nomen Squricle of Trust Channel | Channel PIN C00120C87
    Hey at the very least if they pay attention to the fact that thousands - nay - millions of Blackberry users can and will boycott Starbucks, maybe that might wake Starbucks execs and app developers up. Like pointing a good gun at them at gunpoint. :P
    09-23-13 01:09 AM
    What is the big deal with having a Starbucks app? Seriously I really don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    The way things are moving apps will be replacing store discount cards.
    Getting customers to download an app and sign to terms they never read is a good way to get around data protection issues. Retailers like it. Apps will provide small discounts and vouchers in return retailers can do what they want with the data they hold on you with out fear of getting into hot water. Arguably as BlackBerry users are more likely to be security conscience and hence more likely to complain when a retailer sells to third parties or uses data about thier movements and purchasing habits the may not want our business anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gg bb; 09-23-13 at 09:55 AM.
    09-23-13 09:14 AM
    Hey at the very least if they pay attention to the fact that thousands - nay - millions of Blackberry users can and will boycott Starbucks, maybe that might wake Starbucks execs and app developers up. Like pointing a good gun at them at gunpoint. :P
    Not just how many millions of bb10 users are Starbucks customers. Not likely that you have any bullets in your gun.

I go to Starbucks at least once a day and don't plan to stop.

I would very much like the app and think is really bad of them not to make us one.

That said I truly don't expect them to anytime soon.

Posted via CB10 | Owner Squircle of Trust Channel | PIN 00120C87
    09-28-13 07:58 PM
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...erry-bb10-app/
    Thank u CB

White STL100-4 OS10.2.0.1761
    09-28-13 09:38 PM
    Starbucks is garbage. Why would you need an app, people are just ridiculous needing apps for Tim Hortons, Starbucks etc. Just go to the store and order what you want.

Posted via ZED10
    dudoo likes this.
    09-28-13 09:49 PM
    Starbucks is garbage. Why would you need an app, people are just ridiculous needing apps for Tim Hortons, Starbucks etc. Just go to the store and order what you want.

Posted via ZED10
    sigh...sour grapes
    09-28-13 10:00 PM
    By the way, my Starbuucks app has informed me that the next one is on them. Be thinking of you.
    At 6 dollars a coffee, I would be able to afford to buy you one every 15 also. Large coffee at Mcdonalds? 1 Buck. 8P
    09-29-13 12:07 AM
    Okay so I love my Z10 and I've shown it off to dozens of people who think it's really cool, at first.

After a few oohs and ahhs I've almost always been asked, so is there a starbucks app? I say no and their mood suddenly changes to 'oh', and stop being interested in the phone.

Wow, so forget about all the reasons BlackBerry is in trouble. It's actually due to no Starbucks app! Who would have thought..
    They do not need Starbucks app. There is app called FidMe that can replace Starbucks app. You can just scan Starbucks loyalty card with it and use it to pay at Starbucks. simple as that.
    09-29-13 07:55 AM
    Not just how many millions of bb10 users are Starbucks customers. Not likely that you have any bullets in your gun.

I go to Starbucks at least once a day and don't plan to stop.

I would very much like the app and think is really bad of them not to make us one.

That said I truly don't expect them to anytime soon.

Nevertheless they still are customers, and good customer service does not mean ignoring their needs.
    09-30-13 01:59 PM
    They do not need Starbucks app. There is app called FidMe that can replace Starbucks app. You can just scan Starbucks loyalty card with it and use it to pay at Starbucks. simple as that.
    I have FidMe, never worked for me. Scanners at Starbucks in my neighbourhood (I'm Canadian) scanned and don't recognise them. Sucks as a port.
    09-30-13 02:01 PM
    Nevertheless they still are customers, and good customer service does not mean ignoring their needs.
    Go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself that there is a legitimate business reason for Starbucks to develop a BB10 app. There isn't, but feel free to keep on with the fantasy.
    10-01-13 02:22 PM
    I have FidMe, never worked for me. Scanners at Starbucks in my neighbourhood (I'm Canadian) scanned and don't recognise them. Sucks as a port.
    It is true it does not always work. But I think this has to do with screen more than the app. Anyways it is interesting that this app behaves differently with Jelly Bean Runtime. Now when I choose card I want to use the screen brightness switches to maximum brightness. This was not there before with 10.1 One place it always works for me is at liquor store with air miles card

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bitek; 10-01-13 at 02:39 PM.
    10-01-13 02:26 PM
    Go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself that there is a legitimate business reason for Starbucks to develop a BB10 app. There isn't, but feel free to keep on with the fantasy.
    It isn't a fantasy, I spoke with Alec Saunders myself if you have read my earlier posts.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    10-01-13 03:29 PM

Posted via ZED10
    I totally agree with you, I have a debit card.

However if inventing some stupid app allows the sale of another million phones, it'll be done.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-01-13 06:02 PM
    I just use Poynt, it tells you the closest and maps it with a phone number....dont need 50 Apps to get this phone to perform!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:45 PM
    I just use Poynt, it tells you the closest and maps it with a phone number....dont need 50 Apps to get this phone to perform!!

Posted via CB10
    With Starbucks onboard it can give credibility, especially in this point of time.
    10-11-13 05:50 AM
    Anyone, besides one person getting the Hong Kong version to work, manage to get a North American one kickstarted?
    10-11-13 05:02 PM
    I don't care for Starbucks' burnt blend or "apps" (unless they're my favorite appetizers).

That said, I'm very happy that BlackBerry 10 doesn't have the following:

1. Netflix
    2. Instagram
    3. "Candy Crush"
    4. Starbucks app
    5. Bank of America app

I hate all those. There's simply no need for them on the BB10 platform. I'm happy every day that they are not available, and I wake up smiling because of it.
    ramaputra and AWR like this.
    10-11-13 05:22 PM
    I don't care for Starbucks' burnt blend or "apps" (unless they're my favorite appetizers).

1. Netflix
    2. Instagram
    3. "Candy Crush"
    4. Starbucks app
    5. Bank of America app

I hate all those. There's simply no need for them on the BB10 platform. I'm happy every day that they are not available, and I wake up smiling because of it.
    That's an unusual opinion.

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    10-11-13 05:37 PM

1. Netflix
    2. Instagram
    3. "Candy Crush"
    4. Starbucks app
    5. Bank of America app

Hahahahaha

Your the most interesting post I've read this week.

Your onto something here.

10-12-13 08:35 AM
214 ... 6789