This discussion isn't about Starbucks. This is about X App that BlackBerry doesn't have and the other major platforms do. Where X App is the one you really like/love/need.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^Dedo this ^^^

100% in agreement with this.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-25-13 06:47 PM
    To tell you the truth I was reading your post, the one I quoted the 1st time and was thinking you were making sense even if you were being forceful in how you were wording it.

The problem came at the end when you said the coffee was crappy. That contradicted the premise of your post so I called it out by way of a joke.

Ok whatever dude. I don't much care for this anymore. I wish you had given my comment as much respect as the guy who said your fave coffee tasted like ***. Thanks for treating my comment like trash. Benjamins laugh track backing of your "come-back" didn't help. It ticked me off good and that was stupid of me for taking the bait. Enjoy your coffee. It's funny we agree on needing apps but don't agree on coffee. Yet you felt the need to **** in my cornflakes because of it. Keep defending the need for a Starbucks app and I hope you treat more people here with a little bit of respect unlike the idiots on mystarbucksidea. Peace.
    08-25-13 07:10 PM
    Well for now My. Z10 have all that I need but I understand that plps wants so much some apps but it's weird how plps seems to be obsessed w some of them like they couldn't live without it whatever lol

Posted via CB10
    It's not a question of being able to live without something. It's why should I? And it isn't just Starbucks as pointed out. Why should I get a device that can do a fraction of the things other devices can - what is the trade off to do that. What can BB over to compensate? The market seems to indicate the answer to that question is more or less nothing.
    08-25-13 07:15 PM
    To answer the "what is the trade off to do that" for me it is the potential of something "more" coming from BB. Not sure I can define "more" as yet but I should add some brand loyalty is in the mix.

Unfortunately time is running out for the loyalty card to hold much sway.

The "more" is tied to 10.2 official release and what is then offered as the next phase of functionality in the next 12 months or when I decide I want a new device.

It's not a question of being able to live without something. It's why should I? And it isn't just Starbucks as pointed out. Why should I get a device that can do a fraction of the things other devices can - what is the trade off to do that. What can BB over to compensate? The market seems to indicate the answer to that question is more or less nothing.
    08-25-13 07:42 PM
    Reading this title makes me want A Starbucks coffee...

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-27-13 02:03 PM
    So I finally got tired of not having an app and having to always pull out my Starbucks card so I took things into my own hands and attempted to see if I could create an app that generates a bar code that I can use at Starbucks. Not having written a BB10 app before and not knowing anything about bar codes I had no idea if it was possible. So after a bit of research I wrote a simple app where I enter my Starbucks card number and then I tap on a button to generate the appropriate Starbucks code for it.

Today I tried my home brewed app on my Z10 at my local Starbucks and to my delight it worked on the first attempt (booyah! .

The app looks like crap (hey function over form right? ) but it does what I need.

I'm quite happy I can leave my Starbucks card in my wallet or at home now too.

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary and deltact like this.
    08-27-13 08:04 PM
    Interesting.

What will be your next app?

You shouldn't stop now.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a CrackBerry squircle addict
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    08-27-13 08:20 PM
    So I finally got tired of not having an app and having to always pull out my Starbucks card so I took things into my own hands and attempted to see if I could create an app that generates a bar code that I can use at Starbucks. Not having written a BB10 app before and not knowing anything about bar codes I had no idea if it was possible. So after a bit of research I wrote a simple app where I enter my Starbucks card number and then I tap on a button to generate the appropriate Starbucks code for it.

Today I tried my home brewed app on my Z10 at my local Starbucks and to my delight it worked on the first attempt (booyah! .

The app looks like crap (hey function over form right? ) but it does what I need.

I'm quite happy I can leave my Starbucks card in my wallet or at home now too.

Posted via CB10
    That's really cool. Glad you did that.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:57 PM
    Okay so I love my Z10 and I've shown it off to dozens of people who think it's really cool, at first.

After a few oohs and ahhs I've almost always been asked, so is there a starbucks app? I say no and their mood suddenly changes to 'oh', and stop being interested in the phone.

Wow, so forget about all the reasons BlackBerry is in trouble. It's actually due to no Starbucks app! Who would have thought..
    Sent a tweet to Mr. Alec Saunders at Blackberry yesterday morning mentioning about this post.

@asaunders #Starbucks seems to decide to not develop an app 4 @Blackberry users. Would sending them a #Z10 help? Sent an e-mail to Starbucks... - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    His response:

@gng11 @BlackBerry They've had them in the past. We'll keep working with them.
    08-28-13 01:10 PM
    Okay so I love my Z10 and I've shown it off to dozens of people who think it's really cool, at first.

After a few oohs and ahhs I've almost always been asked, so is there a starbucks app? I say no and their mood suddenly changes to 'oh', and stop being interested in the phone.

Wow, so forget about all the reasons BlackBerry is in trouble. It's actually due to no Starbucks app! Who would have thought..
    Bummer. They deserve an IPhone then. Moving on...

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    08-28-13 01:23 PM
    So it appears more people are voicing their requests for a BB 10 app now! Keep em coming!

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ape...ckberry+10+app

And all these signatures too: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...ces/signatures
    09-07-13 05:22 AM
    Did droid and iOS have all the applications people are using today when they first came out and purchased those devices? If not, why then did they purchase those devices?

There's a better OS out there now, and if enough folks would truly evaluate and appreciate it, and purchase the devices that run it, the devs would have no choice but to bring their first class applications to it.

Chicken/egg again
    09-07-13 06:22 AM
    I didn't read the whole post... but for those people complaining about the lack of a FiveBucks--er, StarBucks--application, then the solution is simple: sideload the Android version or use their website. It's that easy.

I personally don't like Fivebucks; Tim Horton is the way to go!

--Q10 and Canadian all the way!
    09-07-13 12:07 PM
    Stupid autocorrect: Tim Hortons

09-07-13 12:08 PM
    What is the big deal with having a Starbucks app? Seriously I really don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 12:39 PM
    I didn't read the whole post... but for those people complaining about the lack of a FiveBucks--er, StarBucks--application, then the solution is simple: sideload the Android version or use their website. It's that easy.

The problem is, we've all tried side loading. It doesn't work. Hence why this thread exists. Some apps on Android do not make their way to BlackBerry because of the code.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-07-13 09:15 PM
    What is the big deal with having a Starbucks app? Seriously I really don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    Starbucks on BlackBerry means another step of confidence on the platform. Attracts more big name developers and more consumers.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-07-13 09:17 PM
    Did droid and iOS have all the applications people are using today when they first came out and purchased those devices? If not, why then did they purchase those devices?

There's a better OS out there now, and if enough folks would truly evaluate and appreciate it, and purchase the devices that run it, the devs would have no choice but to bring their first class applications to it.

Chicken/egg again
    The consumer market is a market of "now" in the sense that nobody reflects on how it was last year. It's all about what the device can do now in terms of overall functionality.

I think it is silly to continually compare (in essence) BB10 with the original iPhone. It does the OS a huge disservice
    kbz1960 and cwalt2166 like this.
    09-07-13 09:27 PM
    The problem is, we've all tried side loading. It doesn't work. Hence why this thread exists. Some apps on Android do not make their way to BlackBerry because of the code.

Posted via CB10
    Has anyone tried recently with the release of the unlocked runtime that runs on the 10.2 leaks?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-08-13 08:31 AM
    Well for me one of the biggest reasons I got the Z10 was the browser is fully functional so you don't need to download a bunch of apps.
    09-08-13 08:48 AM
    It does not work on 10.2, unlocked runtime, etc. Starbucks built the app is some strange way, such that it does not convert appropriately.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:56 AM
    For the 10000th time, this discussion is not about one specific app, in this case Starbucks. It's about a general problem BlackBerry has, one which clearly folks here can't acknowledge.

Use the browser? Mobile website? First of all, not the same functionality. Secondly, these suggested solutions clearly demonstrate a lack of understanding here of the aforementioned problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:03 AM

Sideload doesn't work and you can't pay via mobile payment Starbucks card from the website.

Would love Tim Horton's in the US, but as it stands there are more Palm Pre phones out here than there are Tim Horton's.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:31 PM
    If you live in Detroit or New York state there are a whole bunch of them--but not as many as in Canada. My home city of pop. 135 000 had about 30 of them. In some places there are two across the road from each other. And yet sometimes there are drive-through queues about 45 cars long!

It's been said that Tim Hortons sells about 85% of Canada's coffee. I don't know how accurate that is, but it seems real.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:10 PM
    And at Tim Hortons you don't pay $5 for a cup of coffee like you do at Starbucks.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:11 PM
214 ... 56789