Calm down. You're sounding like a real keyboard warrior there! No need for fighting talk - it's coffee and apps.

Posted via CB10
    Yea if you want to get in a fight, just go to mystarbucksidea.com and suggest the BlackBerry app. They are happy to gank you there. :-P
    Speedygi and eddy_berry like this.
    08-23-13 01:03 PM
    Yea if you want to get in a fight, just go to mystarbucksidea.com and suggest the BlackBerry app. They are happy to gank you there. :-P
    I say let's all flood mystarbucksidea.com with posts about blackberry 10! Also upvote everyone else's post requesting blackberry 10. Show them the strength of the Crackberry BB10 community!
    absolut20 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:18 PM
    Has anyone tried the sideloaded version on bb10bars.net.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    08-23-13 03:23 PM
    I missed lunch in our cafeteria today. I had to be at another work site later in the afternoon and in honor of this thread I stopped there to pick up another coffee and some lunch. I used my app! Only 10 stars to my next free item!!
    in_loco_nomen and MrRJ like this.
    08-23-13 03:26 PM
    Supermarkets have loyalty cards customers like the discounts, retailers like to see how customers respond to promotions/advertising and be able to profile and selectively market to customers. Loyalty cards work well for the big supermarkets but it just does not work for medium sized and smaller retailers. Starbucks and other food/drink company's have tured to apps. Download the app and you get contactless payment which saves starbucks time so they make more money. Starbucks reward you with discounts. They can also offer discounts on biscotti to customers who just buy coffee. Starbucks like it, customers get discount (but may actually spend more) and if you don't have cash with you it's ok with starbucks if you have your phone. Customers like this. Starbucks love it because they now have more payment systems. Card transaction systems go down and cost retailers big money.
    It's the way things are going - why are starbucks, dominoes piza app etc some of most downloaded apps. Blackberry need to get in on this some how.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:00 PM
    2 words...

Tim Horton's they have a few locations state side....kinda hate to admit it, BUT McDonald's has some nice coffee as well.
    Don't be ashamed to admit that. Since McDonald's went Mcafe and switched up brands and brewers they have got the second best coffee here in Canada. Not sure if it's same in U.S. The best part is that they don't have a huge lineup.

Oil sands Fueled
    GadgetTravel and MrRJ like this.
    08-24-13 07:43 PM
    Don't be ashamed to admit that. Since McDonald's went Mcafe and switched up brands and brewers they have got the second best coffee here in Canada. Not sure if it's same in U.S. The best part is that they don't have a huge lineup.

Oil sands Fueled
    I am a fan of some of the blends at Starbucks, but can attest to McDonald's having great coffee here in the UK too. Much, much cheaper too. Now, do they have an app on BB10!?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:22 AM
    I had read this thread all along & still don't understand if big McD has an app for BB or not. Not that i have Z10 or android, but for the sake of discussion.
    Anyway, one of my countryman developed an app for Android that detects radars in traffic & updates their position real-time for those who also use the app for same city. But you do pls fight for an app that allows faster payment methods for what you eat / drink. /rant/
    08-25-13 11:29 AM
    I took my iPad touch with Starbucks account open and got a screen shot which I then saved as Z10 desktop icon. And voila I can go into any Starbucks and have my account. For those of you that feel a chappy gold card us what it is all about then this will satisfy your needs. Once a month I log into my ipod touch and add more $ to my account. What's better is using my NFC debit to charge my visa effortlessly without even turning on my phone. Now that gets attention. Way cooler than being tied to a crapple because it has an app.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 02:36 PM
    I took my iPad touch with Starbucks account open and got a screen shot which I then saved as Z10 desktop icon. And voila I can go into any Starbucks and have my account. For those of you that feel a chappy gold card us what it is all about then this will satisfy your needs. Once a month I log into my ipod touch and add more $ to my account. What's better is using my NFC debit to charge my visa effortlessly without even turning on my phone. Now that gets attention. Way cooler than being tied to a crapple because it has an app.

Posted via CB10

That's a great idea. Thanks for that suggestion I will give it a try. It doesn't deal with lots if other apps especially the ones that do something more active than a barcode but it is a great idea for some of the barcode display based apps. It would be nice to have them on my Q10 as backup.
    08-25-13 03:03 PM
    who gives a eff about Starbucks anyway.....their coffee is overpriced and tastes like ***.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 03:28 PM
    So who here is going to make a Starbucks app?
    I am incorrect in thinking an app can not be made that replicates the same functionality as the official Starbucks app because the official app uses Google maps?

The other thing I'm wondering about is how Starbucks is intending to leverage the Square Inc technology they now partly own.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-25-13 03:35 PM
    Yeesh. People joke around on here all the time. But I'm taken seriously? And if fighting talk from behind the safety of a keyboard makes me a keyboard warrior then I really am not the only one here by a long shot. I never said people are snobs for liking Starbucks. Misunderstandings can make things so much worse. And that is a blatant misunderstanding on your part. I like Starbucks just not the actual coffee. I said it already. They have other drinks you know. So keep defending your coffee. I was defending the BB users who get downvoted about an app they want to use by app/coffee snobs on the Starbucks website. And then I felt I had to defend my right to an opinion because nobody cared about the downvoting part which was 99% of my post but rather took offence to my opinion on their fave coffee. Essentially I was treated the same as the people suggesting a BB10 or WP app on the Starbucks website. That's a bit snobbish no?
    I made a joke about something you said and you took me seriously. Then you went on to pick on me about it.

Seriously you keep contradicting yourself.

08-25-13 03:39 PM
    who gives a eff about Starbucks anyway.....their coffee is overpriced and tastes like ***.

Posted via CB10
    It's not about the coffee.

It's about having the opportunity to have the apps you want.

I probably don't have the apps you like but I believe that you should have the option to have them.

The larger the app library is the better for us all. IMHO

eninrebmun likes this.
    08-25-13 03:44 PM
    I think generally BlackBerry owners are busy with life...Even if I had a Starbucks App, I doubt I'd use it..same as Instagram, I take a picture, share on FB with friends...i dont need to post it to another site after. what's the point??

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:30 PM
    Not trying to taunt of americans but they care really about ridiculous apps lol I think it too funny when I saw pplps complaining about Starbucks and pizza Hut app lol what kind of plps don't buy a phone cause useless apps? I never used em sorry guys just my view

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:42 PM
    I reiterate.

Why do people care what I like to do with my phone? It is not any of you business what I find useful.

I personally don't think I would use Netflix on my phone but can understand that someone else may find it important to them.

The key thing is we should all have as many options as possible. IMHO

08-25-13 05:04 PM
    Yeah I agree, to appeal to the masses, more options at very level...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:10 PM
    Okay so I love my Z10 and I've shown it off to dozens of people who think it's really cool, at first.

After a few oohs and ahhs I've almost always been asked, so is there a starbucks app? I say no and their mood suddenly changes to 'oh', and stop being interested in the phone.

Wow, so forget about all the reasons BlackBerry is in trouble. It's actually due to no Starbucks app! Who would have thought..
    you really need a better class of friends
    08-25-13 05:11 PM
    I think generally BlackBerry owners are busy with life...Even if I had a Starbucks App, I doubt I'd use it..same as Instagram, I take a picture, share on FB with friends...i dont need to post it to another site after. what's the point??

Posted via CB10
    So if I'm parsing this right, you're busy in life and I'm not because I buy coffee at Starbucks and pay electronically to save time and not worry about change and stuff. Did I get that right? Because if so, I'm not sure I completely follow the trail on this one.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-25-13 05:15 PM
    Not trying to taunt of americans but they care really about ridiculous apps lol I think it too funny when I saw pplps complaining about Starbucks and pizza Hut app lol what kind of plps don't buy a phone cause useless apps? I never used em sorry guys just my view

Posted via CB10
    What kind of person buys a phone that won't do lots of things they want to do with it is perhaps a more interesting question.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-25-13 05:17 PM
    So if I'm parsing this right, you're busy in life and I'm not because I buy coffee at Starbucks and pay electronically to save time and not worry about change and stuff. Did I get that right? Because if so, I'm not sure I completely follow the trail on this one.
    I meant because they have less apps, they've leant to get by without...

I have some useful apps, but when it comes to it I never use them...

To be honest, I didn't know the Starbucks App enabled a payment method. I just stick my debit card in, 4 key taps and its done.

I was in London recently, had a London Tube Map app on my phone, not been there for over 10 years...

However as it was so busy and there were so my sights to see and just a whole big place to take in, in two days I used the app once because it was too slow and we'll, I've learnt to get by without apps until u have actual free time...

On the other hand my girlfriend uses her iPhone to its maximum benefit with Instagram etc. She takes a pic and posts it there etc. I just take a picture..

I wasn't having a dig, I was just throwing an idea out there...
    I like Starbucks, don't agree with other comments about class though, class is nothing to do with it...

I'm just saying sometimes you're so busy you don't have time to think "I have an app for that" you just pay or look up something on a board, or are walking or talking, you don't have time to get your phone out and find the app....

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:24 PM
    What kind of person buys a phone that won't do lots of things they want to do with it is perhaps a more interesting question.
    Well for now My. Z10 have all that I need but I understand that plps wants so much some apps but it's weird how plps seems to be obsessed w some of them like they couldn't live without it whatever lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:41 PM
    I made a joke about something you said and you took me seriously. Then you went on to pick on me about it.

Seriously you keep contradicting yourself.

Ok whatever dude. I don't much care for this anymore. I wish you had given my comment as much respect as the guy who said your fave coffee tasted like ***. Thanks for treating my comment like trash. Benjamins laugh track backing of your "come-back" didn't help. It ticked me off good and that was stupid of me for taking the bait. Enjoy your coffee. It's funny we agree on needing apps but don't agree on coffee. Yet you felt the need to **** in my cornflakes because of it. Keep defending the need for a Starbucks app and I hope you treat more people here with a little bit of respect unlike the idiots on mystarbucksidea. Peace.
    08-25-13 05:57 PM
    Huh?
    What part is not clear?

Half is sarcasm but it's blended in like a mashup.

08-25-13 06:44 PM
214 ... 45678 ...