Docs To Go or whatever it's called on BlackBerry is cool. It really is. But why is that better than downloading an app on iPhone. That does the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:39 PM
    Docs To Go or whatever it's called on BlackBerry is cool. It really is. But why is that better than downloading an app on iPhone. That does the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    At this point, the apps are so close to each other cross platform, that it all boils down to the actual operating system itself. But Blackberry World has long ways to go to reach iOS and Android, or even Windows Phone. I can see the top apps popping up though. It's a gradual climb not a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:32 PM
    It might serve them to do a little more sprinting and a little less climbing, lest they get to the top of the mountain only to find no customers waiting save a few CB fanatics

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    08-22-13 07:38 PM
    At this point, the apps are so close to each other cross platform, that it all boils down to the actual operating system itself. But Blackberry World has long ways to go to reach iOS and Android, or even Windows Phone. I can see the top apps popping up though. It's a gradual climb not a sprint.

Posted via CB10

I dont think I understand. The apps are vastly different between iOS/Android and BB. I dont SEE much difference in the OSes, it is mostly in the background to me as a user.
    08-22-13 07:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I might have it on my iPad/iPhone - I'll have to check. There are several out there.

Actually I think I am wrong. I have Quick Office rather than Docs to Go in IOS. I primarily use Pages and Google docs though. I give a fair amount of presentations and more and more use keynote on an iPad for that. It's nice because I can work on the presentation on either my desktop or a notebook at home and if I save to icloud as I create the presentation rather the desktop or whatever, I have the same presentation on whatevewer device. That includes the iphone or iPad. When I open the app it populates with all the latest versions and I can just touch up on the iPad, not always needed, and then give the presentation from that.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 08-22-13 at 09:47 PM.
    08-22-13 07:39 PM
    Every OS has their word processing program. Polaris being a good office suite. However, I believe that Docs to Go has a fantastic feature list, with very robust formatting options, ability to save a file directly to my desktop, word count, add in-documemt bookmarks, integrate it into the Remember app, etc. And that's just the word processor. The excel side is also very refined.

Not for everyone. But I'm a grad student and I need to create word documents all the time, zip them up with attachments and fire them away. Docs to Go is very good at doing that in an integrated, and few-steps manner.

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    08-22-13 09:08 PM
    Agree The native Excel app is the best Excel I've seen on a mobile device. Almost functional, which is actually saying something for Excel on a mobile device!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:19 PM
    GO TimHortons. TimHorton BB 10 App is great! Most importantly, TimHortons coffee is better and with a better price. Issue though, too few TimHortons in U.S. But if you have TimHorton BB10 app you can easily find one in cities.
    08-22-13 09:33 PM
    I actually just downloaded the TH app. It sucks. Obviously designed for the Z, since it looks all smooshed on my Q. Just clocks and clocks. Can't get nutrition information to come up. Maybe it's confused because I'm in nyc!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:00 PM
    ...I just created a Starbucks account and voiced my opinion. I created a suggestion entitled, "Blackberry 10 App". Please visit and select "Like" and build points on ALL Blackberry app suggestions and reverse the current trend of "dislikes". Also, remember to leave a comment.
    There are people disliking the notion that everyone should enjoy an app they have the privilege of using? Is it the same trend for Windows Phone? That attitude disgusts me. Why bother? What kind of ****heads dislike suggestions that don't even affect them? I don't like people like that. I would first put a suggestion that any suggestion should just simply be liked by those it affects and ignored by those that don't want it or are unaffected by it. SO MUCH HATE. TOO MANY HATERS. Well it's not like I have that much faith in humanity. This doesn't bring it down that much more. Worse things out there. But still who wants to be a part of THAT kind of culture. Crappy overpriced coffee isn't worth it.
    08-22-13 10:09 PM
    Whoa, dude...

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-22-13 10:17 PM
    There are people disliking the notion that everyone should enjoy an app they have the privilege of using? Is it the same trend for Windows Phone? That attitude disgusts me. Why bother? What kind of ****heads dislike suggestions that don't even affect them? I don't like people like that. I would first put a suggestion that any suggestion should just simply be liked by those it affects and ignored by those that don't want it or are unaffected by it. SO MUCH HATE. TOO MANY HATERS. Well it's not like I have that much faith in humanity. This doesn't bring it down that much more. Worse things out there. But still who wants to be a part of THAT kind of culture. Crappy overpriced coffee isn't worth it.
    You just said my favorite coffee is chappy. Why do you have so much hate for something that doesn't affect you?

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-22-13 10:18 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-22-13 10:42 PM
    You just said my favorite coffee is chappy. Why do you have so much hate for something that doesn't affect you?

Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I did say it was crappy coffee. Wanna fight about it? Its my opinion. But does that keep you from being able to enjoy your crap coffee? No. Go enjoy it and shut it. Most people don't like my coffee either. Get over it. Some of you guys are bullying people here for their opinions. I can see it. Can anyone else see it? Get a life. Thanks for undermining me and proving the point I was making. Don't make CB a crap place to be.
    08-22-13 10:50 PM
    Yeah. I did say it was crappy coffee. Wanna fight about it? Its my opinion. But does that keep you from being able to enjoy your crap coffee? No. Go enjoy it and shut it. Most people don't like my coffee either. Get over it. Some of you guys are bullying people here for their opinions. I can see it. Can anyone else see it? Get a life. Thanks for undermining me and proving the point I was making. Don't make CB a crap place to be.
    Calm down. You're sounding like a real keyboard warrior there! No need for fighting talk - it's coffee and apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:52 AM
    Calm down. You're sounding like a real keyboard warrior there! No need for fighting talk - it's coffee and apps.

Posted via CB10
    Yea I am calm. It was mostly sarcastic fightin' words. However, I didn't much care for the cheeky comment. Either way, crappy coffee or not, why are people on Starbucks such pricks that they downvote something like making an app for a phone they don't use? Anybody got an answer or at least a comment that isn't a cheeky one? Wtf is a keyboard warrior anyway?

Forgot to add: I don't hate Starbucks, I dislike their coffee and snobs like the people downvoting that app request. Sorry if I offended your coffee. Or snobs.

Big whoop! Wanna fight about it?
    Can't convince people to get a BB10 phone because of no Starbucks app!-bigwhoop.jpg
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 08-23-13 at 02:32 AM.
    08-23-13 01:15 AM
    You just bullied me. Asking me if I want to fight can be taken as threat.

So now that your being aggressive I'm afraid to voice my opinion.

You seem to be making me not like CB anymore because it's not a nice place for me now because you just told me what I should do "get over it" so in essence making devaluing my options.

08-23-13 04:40 AM
    What free item should I get with my app at Starbucks this morning? I usually get an iced venti American but should I go with something else? Food items are included as well.

Posted via CB10
    MrRJ likes this.
    08-23-13 05:06 AM
    I like to get a breakfast sandwich.

08-23-13 05:36 AM
    Problem is if a company wants to make an app then one for iPhone and one for android and they have covered over 90% of the market. It costs too much to make 2 or 3 apps to cover the remaining 10%.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:43 AM
    I like to get a breakfast sandwich.

I couldn't make up my mind and thought I would wait until tomorrow to decide but after I had gotten my coffee I changed my mind and decided to celebrate the end of a rough week with a blueberry scone on them.

Posted via CB10
    pillswoj and MrRJ like this.
    08-23-13 05:54 AM
    I couldn't make up my mind and thought I would wait until tomorrow to decide but after I had gotten my coffee I changed my mind and decided to celebrate the end of a rough week with a blueberry scone on them.

Posted via CB10
    Scones are an excellent choice. It's difficult to beat the pairing of coffee and a free scone of your choice. IMHO

08-23-13 08:34 AM
    Yea I am calm. It was mostly sarcastic fightin' words. However, I didn't much care for the cheeky comment. Either way, crappy coffee or not, why are people on Starbucks such pricks that they downvote something like making an app for a phone they don't use? Anybody got an answer or at least a comment that isn't a cheeky one? Wtf is a keyboard warrior anyway?

Forgot to add: I don't hate Starbucks, I dislike their coffee and snobs like the people downvoting that app request. Sorry if I offended your coffee. Or snobs.

Big whoop! Wanna fight about it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigwhoop.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	194873
    I like Starbucks coffee. That doesn't make me a snob.

A keyboard warrior is you. Fighting talk from behind the safety of your keyboard! Like I said, it's coffee and apps, so let's not offend anyone and get back to the point!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:31 AM
    I like Starbucks coffee. That doesn't make me a snob.

A keyboard warrior is you. Fighting talk from behind the safety of your keyboard! Like I said, it's coffee and apps, so let's not offend anyone and get back to the point!

Posted via CB10
    Yeesh. People joke around on here all the time. But I'm taken seriously? And if fighting talk from behind the safety of a keyboard makes me a keyboard warrior then I really am not the only one here by a long shot. I never said people are snobs for liking Starbucks. Misunderstandings can make things so much worse. And that is a blatant misunderstanding on your part. I like Starbucks just not the actual coffee. I said it already. They have other drinks you know. So keep defending your coffee. I was defending the BB users who get downvoted about an app they want to use by app/coffee snobs on the Starbucks website. And then I felt I had to defend my right to an opinion because nobody cared about the downvoting part which was 99% of my post but rather took offence to my opinion on their fave coffee. Essentially I was treated the same as the people suggesting a BB10 or WP app on the Starbucks website. That's a bit snobbish no?
    08-23-13 11:16 AM
    The tin Hortons app is better.

Posted via CB10
    I tried using it at Starbucks but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong????
    08-23-13 11:51 AM
214 ... 34567 ...