Let's see. I'm getting suggestions of 1) buy my morning coffee in Florence or Paris or something like that (wish I could) or 2) make my own coffee. Point is that I'm going to obtain my coffee "in places and by means of my choosing" (how's that for a nugget? ). A phone will or will not facilitate that. And those choices repeat for other things. And I, like most people will pick a phone based on how those options play out.

Posted via CB10
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    08-22-13 07:27 AM
    Just goes to show you how important social apps are. We need Starbucks, Netflix, Vine, Instagram and others to compete for the general audience and not the savvy intellectual type. Then will have the best of both worlds and can compete with Apple, Android, and WP for who has the best phone with multitasking and such and that's BB10! Get those apps and then people will figure what's underneath the skin and the phone will fly off the shelf. We can't rely on BBM and PIN alone. To survive you need those apps whether you like it or not!
    Hey, can't I be a "savvy intellectual type"?

Posted via CB10
    hf199 and in_loco_nomen like this.
    08-22-13 07:29 AM
    When I show my friends the z10 they love it, but then "does it have candy crush". No but you can side load it. Oh no that's too complicated. If it's not candy crush then it's some other app.

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-22-13 07:49 AM
    That is one reason anyone I talked to doesn't want to buy a BlackBerry, no apps they want. BlackBerry World may have 220k+ apps but it isn't the apps people want.
    Everyone says oh it's a new OS so you can't expect to have all the apps. But they forget that it's not really new OS. The OS was already out on the PlayBook. They should have had those main apps as soon as they launched bb10. For crying out loud they had BlackBerry App jams and couldn't get the big names to come support. Yes, I know it comes down to popularity and why would any company support an OS that was still in the making.
    Truth is, no one expect bb10 to come out because BlackBerry was doing so bad.

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    08-22-13 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the reply, never said it was BlackBerry itself that was the issue. It's just hard to know that this is what it boils down to. Their situation just doesn't cut it.
    ya, it a shame that it's happening because it'd really holding then back

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    hf199 likes this.
    08-22-13 08:03 AM
    Why don't we just change the name to Z10ccino and problem solved.
    ALToronto likes this.
    08-22-13 08:04 AM
    Stop trying.
    If they make their smartphone decision based on a coffee app, they probably wouldn't even know how to operate the phone and then bash it.

It's for the greater good, brother.

What could have deterred ME, personally, was the inability to edit documents, have an email client, call someone, use cloud services, etc. Not a coffee app.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    djsvet likes this.
    08-22-13 08:04 AM
    That's another one!
    When I show my friends the z10 they love it, but then "does it have candy crush". No but you can side load it. Oh no that's too complicated. If it's not candy crush then it's some other app.

Posted via CB10
    Toronto Girl likes this.
    08-22-13 08:09 AM
    So true! Candy Crush is the biggest thing going just like Word with Friends was. They need games that appeal to the masses immediately! Then the salesperson can sell the other things that you can do with the phone and people will bite! Customers will always ask if it has the latest game or app and if not then its an I-phone who will always win!

That is one reason anyone I talked to doesn't want to buy a BlackBerry, no apps they want. BlackBerry World may have 220k+ apps but it isn't the apps people want.
    Everyone says oh it's a new OS so you can't expect to have all the apps. But they forget that it's not really new OS. The OS was already out on the PlayBook. They should have had those main apps as soon as they launched bb10. For crying out loud they had BlackBerry App jams and couldn't get the big names to come support. Yes, I know it comes down to popularity and why would any company support an OS that was still in the making.
    Truth is, no one expect bb10 to come out because BlackBerry was doing so bad.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:13 AM
    Starbucks coffee is overpriced and not very good anyway. McDonald's is better.

Posted via CB10
    Tracy Daken likes this.
    08-22-13 08:25 AM
    No way! Try the blonde coffee it's lighter than the original

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:40 AM
    Didn't work for me, but might for someone else

Starbucks for BlackBerry - BB10 Bars
    08-22-13 08:48 AM
    I would love it if Starbucks released a BB10 app, but it doesn't look like they will bother. So I've rediscovered Second Cup. They don't have any mobile apps, and that's just fine with me.

But Starbucks has a suggestions and ideas page - you can always write them requesting a BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    Now there's an interesting notion worth following through on!

If you want to see an app on BB10, bombard the vendor to create one via it's suggestion page. Enough of these suggestions, with "SERIOUS & LEGITIMATE" business reasons, could warrant a second look by their app developers. BB users drink coffee too and would love this smartphone experience. I just created a Starbucks account and voiced my opinion. I created a suggestion entitled, "Blackberry 10 App". Please visit and select "Like" and build points on ALL Blackberry app suggestions and reverse the current trend of "dislikes". Also, remember to leave a comment.

Windows Phone App suggestions are there too and we need to voice ours louder. Also, let's have a bit of decorum and "nix" the attitude found in some. Let's get a BB10 Starbucks app!

Go BB!
    eddy_berry likes this.
    08-22-13 08:54 AM
    "Your" (meaning any person(s))opinion on what apps I (meaning Me) should care about or how I use a phone is not your concern or is relevant in anyway to my decision making process in regards to how or why I ultimately choose my phone.

To my mind the lack of apps of whatever type is hurting the adoption of BB10 phones.

I believe the evidence can be clearly seen by the observation of folks experienceses as described here in many posts ie: people asking if an app they use is available on BB10 and when it is not the people say they wouldn't buy a BB10 phone.

Case closed.

Oh, and to add I personally think that your apps are stupid and your crazy for having them. Why would want that app? That is stupid you should know better so go away and buy an IPhone or better yet don't even have a phone.

I reserve the right to change my opinion on the apps you have just in case I want it later I don't want to be stupid to.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-22-13 09:01 AM
    "Your" (meaning any person(s))opinion on what apps I (meaning Me) should care about or how I use a phone is not your concern or is relevant in anyway to my decision making process in regards to how or why I ultimately choose my phone.

To my mind the lack of apps of whatever type is hurting the adoption of BB10 phones.

I believe the evidence can be clearly seen by the observation of folks experienceses as described here in many posts ie: people asking if an app they use is available on BB10 and when it is not the people say they wouldn't buy a BB10 phone.

Case closed.

Oh, and to add I personally think that your apps are stupid and your crazy for having them. Why would want that app? That is stupid you should know better so go away and buy an IPhone or better yet don't even have a phone.

I reserve the right to change my opinion on the apps you have just in case I want it later I don't want to be stupid to.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    Huh?
    08-22-13 09:14 AM
    1) virtually no one buys a phone for the OS.

2) people care if the apps they want are present.

3) If they aren't available they don't care why.

Posted via CB10
    Q.E.D.
    08-22-13 09:15 AM
    I like just going into a coffee shop and ordering my coffee in-person, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:17 AM
    Just tell him to instead buy decent coffee from now on.
    08-22-13 09:25 AM
    you can sideload it. I personally don't have it, so not sure if it works, but maybe for you worth a try.
    Starbucks - My Coffee Card for BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Internet and Communication
    08-22-13 09:31 AM
    Just tell him to instead buy decent coffee from now on.
    And what's your excuse for the countless other "must have" apps that are missing? No Netflix? Just use your TV! No native Skype? Just use your PC! Phone that can't dial after software update? Just use your landline!

...or get an iPhone that works, maybe?
    ekv likes this.
    08-22-13 09:32 AM
    I agree that it is challenging to sell a person on Blackberry10 due to the lack of app selection. I've had people I talked to consider switching to the Blackberry but then the infamous question of "what about apps". If Blackberry had the plethora of apps found on an iPhone decisions would be a thousand times easier to make.

Give it some time and Blackberry will have a lot more apps that attract more people. Different people are attracted to different apps so it is difficult but Blackberry will get there. For now there is the option to side load which in my opinion is great.
    08-22-13 09:38 AM
    The tin Hortons app is better.

Posted via CB10
    Is it really? There is no option for your reloadable tims card....why need an app for finding locations....there's one on every corner....
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    08-22-13 09:40 AM
    The obsession with Tim Hortons is just as bad and their stuff is utter shyte (yeah I'm Canadian, but I know what real coffee is and how to brew it. Make yourself a pour over and you'll never have Timmys again). And they have an app.

It's about projecting your identity to others with a brand. Pretty sad and shallow that we have let products do that to ourselves as a society.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    I agree, I am Canadian too, and Ti'ms....blah....it is what it is, mediocre warm water at best....
    I think there more of want for the Starbucks app. Just because some people don't like, think of the many more that do like across North America.
    hf199 likes this.
    08-22-13 09:43 AM
    I tried Tim Hortons on Tassimo and it sucks!
    08-22-13 09:49 AM
    I like just going into a coffee shop and ordering my coffee in-person, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Not sure I get it.
    08-22-13 10:00 AM
214 12345 ...