Most everything is running smoothly since installing the leak, but now in settings/notifications I can no longer change the sound for email/calls/texts/facebook/etc. If i scroll to the bottom there is now an option for custom notifications, but I can't find general notification sounds. Perhaps it has moved, perhaps I am just an *****. Anyone have this issue?

Also, tiny issue with the search feature: if I type in a search then under 'extend search' linked in and foursquare show up with square icons with an x through them. I've deleted both of those appplications, so is there any way for me to remove them from the search? Come to think of it, I don't think I've restarted the phone. I bet that will take care of this issue.
    11-17-13 10:48 AM
    Try this:
    Settings-> Notifications->Applications
    Make sure the sound slider is on.
    Then from there select email, phone etc
    and check to see each slider is on.

I had this happen with email and have fixed it this way.

Best of luck.
    11-17-13 10:54 AM
    That did it, thanks!

I saw 'applications' at the bottom, but I don't consider calls/texts/email applications, so I didn't bother checking in there. I assumed that was where you controlled notifications from other installed software. Never make assumptions, I guess!

As for my second problem, restarting fixed the search issue, but every time I restart a bunch of software that I had deleted (Youtube, Dropbox, box, etc.) is automatically reinstalled. This is kind of annoying, but not the end of the world....I can just stash these away in a folder. But if anyone else knows how to fix this as well, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    11-17-13 11:24 AM
    Try holding down on the icon that you want removed.
    AN alternative- I just found out myself is swipe down from the top and select Device Monitor, click on the CPU tab at the top and select the program you want closed OR removed! (yes, you can remove some of the apps this way )

Also I have had great success from the main (home) screen with the magnifying glass at the bottom for troubleshooting when out of range for data and the CB forums by using the search function built into the phone. The have conveniently built the user manual into the phone, much like a PC or mac, but failed to tell everyone about it lol.

Glad to have helped and you're doing great by joining the CB community for information, getting help and offering help, welcome.
    11-17-13 11:40 AM
    Try this:

Best of luck.
    This is a bad change, phone, text and PIM related notifications shouldn't be under an Applications sublist that you have to tap to enter, that's totally unintuitive, they aren't applications. They should be on the first screen under Notifications where they've always been but as a category of their own.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:47 AM
    I think that blackberry is trying to reduce "think points", but I concur this has created a think point as I myself have had to stop and think about where it was lol. All in progress I guess.
    11-17-13 11:53 AM
    Try holding down on the icon that you want removed.
    AN alternative- I just found out myself is swipe down from the top and select Device Monitor, click on the CPU tab at the top and select the program you want closed OR removed! (yes, you can remove some of the apps this way )

Also I have had great success from the main (home) screen with the magnifying glass at the bottom for troubleshooting when out of range for data and the CB forums by using the search function built into the phone. The have conveniently built the user manual into the phone, much like a PC or mac, but failed to tell everyone about it lol.

Glad to have helped and you're doing great by joining the CB community for information, getting help and offering help, welcome.
    My problem isn't so much how to uninstall apps, my problem is that after restarting the phone a lot of the default apps that I had uninstalled--by the methods you mentioned--automatically pop back up.
    11-17-13 12:28 PM
    Try this:

Best of luck.
    Doesn't work for me I've set a contact to vibrate off but it's still vibrating
    any help please

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:19 PM
    i can set up other notifications (sms, phone, emails) but my bbm shows off as not installed.
    anyone seen this?
    11-24-13 08:16 PM