Hi,
    I have appointments in my calender with the location but it doesn't link to the location or open maps when I click on it.
    Is this a bug of 1925?
    It makes no sense to me that I must retype the location into Maps.

Thanks
    Craig
    01-16-14 04:24 AM
    It never worked in any version.

Long time ago I suggested that pressing that icon should start navigation using current location as start point. It would really be a nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 04:29 AM

Long time ago I suggested that pressing that icon should start navigation using current location as start point. It would really be a nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    It works for me flawlessly. I use it every day for work. All my job are input in my calendar with the address in the location field. I just press the address and BlackBerry maps auto opens and loads the route starting from my GPS location.

I am on the Verizon Z30 with no leaks.

Swiped on a beautiful AMOLED BlackBerry 10.
    PostMortem likes this.
    01-16-14 05:23 AM
    It also works for me, on leaked .1925 10.2.1 release (never tried it before, on past releases).
    If my calendar entry has an actual address in the "Location" field, my tapping on the Location field, opens BlackBerry Maps, with the address already located in the map. If I want to navigate to that address, I simply have to tap the "Arrow" (start navigating) icon.
    01-16-14 11:34 AM
    Clearly, that is not true.
    01-16-14 11:35 AM
    Same problem here.

On my Q10 (10.2.0.1809) and Z10 (10.2.1.1925) NO maps functionality from calendar.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 01:51 PM
    It only works for me if I have the location in the list. It doesn't find an address/map location if I use the icon at the bottom.
    Z10, att, 10.2.1.1295
    01-16-14 02:05 PM
    Clicking on the green location icon does nothing for me
    Cant access Map/Location through the Calendar on 1925 Leak-img_20140116_220659.png

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 02:07 PM
    Same here - and no, it never works on any version on my Q10 from first stock version up to 1925 now. I might add the appointment directly in the Q10 or have them synced from Google calendar - no chance to have that field clickable...
    01-17-14 12:17 PM
    Works perfect for me on Z10 - 10.2.1.1925 - I sync my calendar with Outlook.com, but that should not make a difference. As long as I have the full address in the location field all I have to do is tap it and BB Maps loads with the location pinned and I can navigate by pressing the nav icon.
    01-17-14 02:47 PM
    It's always worked for me and I have loaded every leak since verizon offered the z10 stl4 and continues to work well, I travel a lot and this is important to me, one thing I miss from android is being able to take a photo and being able to navigate to it....if you are in a foreign city its very convenient to find your car location, hotel or just seeing if a taxi driver is taking you in the right direction...it is amazing that when you speak to a blackberry rep they don't know what you are taking about or they down play it and tell yu to try a third party app...I was thrilled when Snap came along but the geo tagging apps will not navigate without Google play services and none of them link to blackberry navigation...hopefully there will be consistency of all these features introduced by Android and apple with blackberry merging the best of them and offering a unique secure experience in the end...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:17 PM
    Works great for me on 10.2.1.1925 100-4.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:49 PM
    Q10 user here. I have actually made a few reports about this in the Beta Zone (but have never gotten any response), because it has never worked for me on my Q10. Not from 10.0 untill now on 10.2.1.

Steps taken for reproducing:
    - create new calendar entry (local or sync'ed does not matter).
    - add location (use the bottom button to add your current location, or choose a 'place' from the list).
    (- additional step: you can even check a map-preview of locations in the 'places' list that shows up, proving that the app does in fact 'know' it is a real location.)
    - make sure you have the proper address format for a full address.
    - save the calendar entry.

- now open the entry from the calendar and try to press the location.
    - nothing happens.
    _____

Can you give us an example of the address format you use when it works? Maybe the auto locate/auto fill option does not work properly for some regions (different address formats).
    ...As long as I have the full address in the location field al...
    _____

This, and the $(currency) key not following regional settings are probably my only major gripes about the 'out-of-the-box' BB10 experience, and I can not understand either has gone unchanged for so long.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 01-17-14 at 08:52 PM.
    01-17-14 07:52 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140116_220659.png 
Views:	779 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	239175

Posted via CB10
    Try exact street address. That's the way Maps works.

Posted via CB10
    vanthol likes this.
    01-17-14 08:00 PM
    Works perfect for me on Z10 - 10.2.1.1925 - I sync my calendar with Outlook.com, but that should not make a difference. As long as I have the full address in the location field all I have to do is tap it and BB Maps loads with the location pinned and I can navigate by pressing the nav icon.
    This is required for Maps to work, folks.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:02 PM
    It works fine on the Verizon Z30. Running .1925 leak. I hate to say this, but maybe try downloading another or reinstalling the leak?? I've done it several times for some of the simplest glitches, and just rerunning the leaked install fixes it. Good luck!!
    01-17-14 08:06 PM
    Here's how to get location to work in a calendar entry. If it's not in blue, it's not to going to open in Maps. You can search for your location in Maps as you enter in Calendar by pressing the pin to the right on the location field, but if you save it without a full street address, it will not open in Maps.

Attachment 239488

Attachment 239489
    Attached Thumbnails Cant access Map/Location through the Calendar on 1925 Leak-img_20140117_201801.png   Cant access Map/Location through the Calendar on 1925 Leak-img_20140117_201742.png  
    codeslinga likes this.
    01-17-14 08:22 PM
    Agree with Reubechs. The way to get it to work is to click on the pin when going to insert the address in your calendar entry. Search the address and it will add it properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:52 PM
    You have got to be kidding me. I tried the example in your location and it worked (it even added the full address automatically when I clicked on the location it found in the places list).
    Then I tried every format I could think of to manually add my full European location, both in English and in my native tongue, and it never even turns 'blue'. It does occasionally think my zip code is a phone number (also turns 'blue') and starts a phonecall when I click it, even from the location box... and my zip code is 0000AA (that format)... >.<
    This makes me feel the turning 'blue' thing you show is just a lucky side effect of certain text formats invoking certain apps, not something that the location box is 'supposed to do'.

I just find it weird that it does show a location if you preview it, but then does not save it as a clickable option. If you ask me, even if you add a random phrase as location it should still open the Maps app with a search for that phrase...
    _____

And it should give you the option to "open in" as well, if you want to use a third party maps app, but that is another story because the 'open in' dialogue is too hard to find for things like locations.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 01-17-14 at 09:38 PM.
    01-17-14 09:16 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140116_220659.png 
Views:	779 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	239175

Posted via CB10
    Works for me, but not from touching the Green location icon, but touching the actual address to the right of it.
    I'm on 10.2.1.1925

Edit: read the rest of the posts and it seems this is an area that BB should bring some refinement. I hope they improve it to make it more useful to more people.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:23 PM
    Can you share whether the location turned 'blue' when you tried it, or did it work even as shown in that screenshot (white text)?
    Works for me, but not from touching the Green location icon, but touching the actual address to the right of it.
    I'm on 10.2.1.1925
    01-17-14 09:38 PM
    Can you share whether the location turned 'blue' when you tried it, or did it work even as shown in that screenshot (white text)?
    Yes, it turned blue.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:27 PM
    Here's how to get location to work in a calendar entry. If it's not in blue, it's not to going to open in Maps. You can search for your location in Maps as you enter in Calendar by pressing the pin to the right on the location field, but if you save it without a full street address, it will not open in Maps.

Attachment 239488

Attachment 239489
    The address in your example works and turns blue but no location I try in South Africa will turn blue no matter how I format it. Must be a small bug

Thanks for all the input

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 02:18 AM
    Hey all - after some experimentation, have discovered something that seems to be working for me:

1) I have to enter USA at the end of the addresses listed in the location line on my calendar entries
    2) Open calendar item - the address is listed in blue and has the green icon in front of it
    3) Long hold the address at the beginning of the address listing, or in between the address listing and the green icon
    4) The black side bar opens from the right side of the screen - it contains the direction arrow/triangle - and selecting this arrow/triangle then launches BBMaps and populates the address

I have no idea why this works this way - and it may not work for everyone - but I created multiple test calendar entries - even using some addresses that were NOT in my contacts list - and this works every time.

And not sure if this has any bearing - but I am on BES service through my work - all test calendar entries were done on my PC on Outlook.
    01-18-14 09:36 AM
    The address in your example works and turns blue but no location I try in South Africa will turn blue no matter how I format it. Must be a small bug

Thanks for all the input

Posted via CB10
    Is Maps able to find the address or addresses in question if you're just looking with Maps? My experience is that Maps won't link any addresses in Calendar if it can't find them to start with.
    01-18-14 10:57 AM
31 12