For some time now BlackBerry Link has not been working. It ceased to function after the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I have seen lots of other complaints about this. I recently saw a suggestion that if you uninstall Link, and then download it again (presumably with a glitch patch) that it will now work. I went to Control Panel and chose Programs and Features, prior to uninstalling Link. I tried to uninstall Link and I then got an error message which said that the installed product does not match the installation source and that until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized this action cannot be performed. What should I do now?
    09-03-17 11:59 AM
    The best way to get Link working again after updating Windows 10 is:

-Uninstall Link - In your case, since the uninstaller is not working, do it the hard way. Just delete the directory in which Link is installed, then open the comand line and run the Registry Editor typing "regedit". Do a backup of the Registry and then search for the word "blackberry" and delete all the results one by one. Then do the same with the word "RIM".

-Restart your computer

-Install Blackberry Device Manager 8.0 - The installer is in your phone's internal memory. If you plug your phone via USB to the PC, it will show you a message (on your phone screen) offering to install drivers, charge or access internal storage. Pick the last one and you will now see a new storage device on your computer's file explorer. Double click it and you will find the file "Blackberrydevicemanager.exe". Execute it and it will install the 8.0 version on you PC. Unplug the phone from the PC.

-Install Link (and Blend if you like). The latest version is "BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59". You can download it from blackberry.com

-Plug your device again and you will notice that the little BB Device Manager icon in the notification area of Windows 10 should show you the device is connected and a list of mounted storage units (internal and SD if you have one).

-Open Link and it should work fine whether you connected your phone via usb cable or wifi. If the device appear as "Not connected" re-check your Device Manager.
    Ignore it and never use it again. It causes more harm than good.
    09-03-17 12:21 PM
    The best way to get Link working again after updating Windows 10 is:

-Uninstall Link - In your case, since the uninstaller is not working, do it the hard way. Just delete the directory in which Link is installed, then open the comand line and run the Registry Editor typing "regedit". Do a backup of the Registry and then search for the word "blackberry" and delete all the results one by one. Then do the same with the word "RIM".

-Restart your computer

-Install Blackberry Device Manager 8.0 - The installer is in your phone's internal memory. If you plug your phone via USB to the PC, it will show you a message (on your phone screen) offering to install drivers, charge or access internal storage. Pick the last one and you will now see a new storage device on your computer's file explorer. Double click it and you will find the file "Blackberrydevicemanager.exe". Execute it and it will install the 8.0 version on you PC. Unplug the phone from the PC.

-Install Link (and Blend if you like). The latest version is "BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59". You can download it from blackberry.com

-Plug your device again and you will notice that the little BB Device Manager icon in the notification area of Windows 10 should show you the device is connected and a list of mounted storage units (internal and SD if you have one).

-Open Link and it should work fine whether you connected your phone via usb cable or wifi. If the device appear as "Not connected" re-check your Device Manager.
    09-03-17 02:44 PM
    Or just delete the blackberry folder and then run ccleaner which will delete any remnant from the registry
    09-03-17 10:29 PM
    Or just delete the blackberry folder and then run ccleaner which will delete any remnant from the registry
    CCleaner might work, but in my case it didn't remove some services related entries that messed with the Device Manager installation provoking the "Not connected" error. That's why I recommend the manual way.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    09-04-17 08:24 AM
    This was never solved. I now have a KEYone and have subscribed to Akruto to synch my contacts and calendar with Outlook 2016. It's a shame that BB never responded to the many complaints about Link ceasing to work.
    VolvoBear_ry likes this.
    11-23-17 07:00 AM