Can someone try restoring from Mac?

Posted via CB10
    Try booting your PC into safe mode. Insure nothing is connected to it, but keyboard mouse and monitor, nothing else. Not usb or DVD. Then once logged in connect you BB10 device. Launch bblink and restore.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:46 AM
    Try booting your PC into safe mode. Insure nothing is connected to it, but keyboard mouse and monitor, nothing else. Not usb or DVD. Then once logged in connect you BB10 device. Launch bblink and restore.

Posted via CB10
    Wont recognize in safe mode

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:08 AM
    Link. Nightmare. Why open an IRQ stack for a Tap9 tunnel whilst attempting to perform a backup? Backup should be stripped out of Link entirely as Link is mere synchronisation. Backups and sync should not be confused and Link has muddled them beyond belief.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:31 AM
    What?? Where are you from?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:41 AM
    What?? Where are you from?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately many people have never been able to recover their data after a using Link. I won't go near it. One if the reasons it corrupts your data is because it is trying to merge too many functions in to one. Backups and sync are not the same thing and BlackBerry are professional enough to know that.

Venting my spleen at your suffering my friend. Feel very sorry for you and your distress.

Posted via CB10
    don_poky likes this.
    06-18-13 07:09 AM
    Hi sonic.
    Don't want to sugarcoat but from what I can see/read in forums, many w/ problems have installed leaks... Ok, this is maybe why they backup more than others too lol.
    BTW, Link got an update recently. Check you have the latest.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:03 AM
    Hi sonic.
    Don't want to sugarcoat but from what I can see/read in forums, many w/ problems have installed leaks... Ok, this is maybe why they backup more than others too lol.
    BTW, Link got an update recently. Check you have the latest.

Posted via CB10
    I don't run leaks only official versions: obviously have latest Link and STL100 on 2312.

First problem is link often doesn't even see my device over the wi-fi so have to cable up.

Have test backups specially prepared and on the odd occasion where Link does not fail and says it has completed backup properly a simple set of object integrity checks shows bit errors have been introduced into the objects. Worryingly the object metadata often checks out so you can easily be deceived into thinking everything is fine by using sight examination on target folders.

The proof of the backup pudding is on the restore, which every professional systems management shop will tell you. So, I restore an object that has already failed a cross parity check (out of sheer boredom I suppose because I already know what's going to happen). After the restore said corrupted item is usually useless.

I have been selling enterprise back-up systems (on the side) for about 16 years; to banks and financials, including household names in the UK. I know quite a bit about the area.

Would not only like to be able to use BlackBerry as part of my business but have also been evaluating Z10 as potential part of the integrated solutions that I sell. Unfortunately no middle ground between a home user and BlackBerry lock in enterprise.

At the personal level I should be able to backup straight on to my NAS (which sits on a UPS and has mirrored enterprise class Hitachi drives that guarantee zero failure on a RAID 5 restore).

Having seen a lifetime if backup failures I always demand bit perfect solutions and all backups must be test restored before being canned for purpose.

You can guarantee that Blackberry's own teams work in such environments, which is why there is no excuse for Link at all. If it's not good enough for themselves, why is it good enough for everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Cesare21 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-19-13 02:52 AM
    The recent BlackBerry Link update for Mac is the worst I ever used.
    BlackBerry should have tested it before releasing it.
    I can't restore a Backup to 10.1. And 10.2 had to start all over again

Conclusion BlackBerry Link 1.1.1.13 is rubbish.
    In addition it's blackberry helper agent is taking all my CPU and frying my mac book air....

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 04:02 AM
    Sonic, you seem very well informed about backups and data corruption . I must say I don't use it much as almost all my data,are either on the cloud and sync with at least 3 devices (local copy) or on my SD card, synced regularly.

My exprience with Link has been good so far with about 6 or 7 backups (but only 2 restores) for leaks testing.

BTW I just noticed on BlackBerry site that link was still labeled beta. Hum, yeah, must say they're eventually late....

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:45 PM
    The recent BlackBerry Link update for Mac is the worst I ever used.
    BlackBerry should have tested it before releasing it.
    I can't restore a Backup to 10.1. And 10.2 had to start all over again

Conclusion BlackBerry Link 1.1.1.13 is rubbish.
    In addition it's blackberry helper agent is taking all my CPU and frying my mac book air....

Posted via CB10
    Bin you mac (this is a joke)

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:46 PM
    Have you tried placing the device in airplane mode and backup/restore through the supplied USB cable?
    06-20-13 06:50 AM
    Try this : (Mine is working) :
    1. After installing OS (with/no autoloader), follow the process
    2. You will asked to fill your BB ID or skip it. You have to sign your BBID do not skip it.
    3. After process is finished you need to set airplane mode to ON
    4. Open BB Link and sign it witj same BBID
    5. Choosing your backup
    6. Restore it separately, do not Full restore.
    web99 likes this.
    06-23-13 03:33 AM
    Any idea where is the settings to restore the contacts? Is it app data or phone settings?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:22 PM
    Any idea where is the settings to restore the contacts? Is it app data or phone settings?

Posted via CB10
    It's under settings ( contacts, remember, calender and some etc... )

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:59 PM
    I think the 2 devices use different os files, no? Different aspect ratio and all?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 12:28 AM
    Hi,

I planned to switch from Z10 LE to Q10 (used) and did a full back up my data which was around 4GB. Wiped Z10LE to restore what was on Q10. So basically, was moving Z10LE to Q10 and the same Q10 to Z10LE. Both were full backed up using Link.

Now both BB 10s are wiped.

1. Changed OS to leaked Q10 OS
    2. Setup complete on Q10 with signing BBID which was used on Z10LE
    3. Connected to PC using Link latest version
    4. Tried restoring Z10LE backed up file to Q10, always fails and gives an error "there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected" and sometimes Q10 reboots.
    5. Tried using on other PC/Windows 8 with old Link 1.0 also with Windows 7 with Link 1.1.0. Same message.
    6. Also tried partial backup / custom backup. Failed.
    Now I lost all my data.
    7. Tried old back up file which previously worked (month back), displays same error.

Same as above with Z10LE. both data lost

Thought maybe changing OS may have problems. Reloaded original OS which were the data was backed up on. No luck.

Took Dev Alpha C, did a Switch device on another PC running Win8 with old BB Link to a wiped Z10 black running 10.1 OS. Even for switching device same error message : there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected

Connection with device is fine.

Never had this problem, this is my 10th time backing up restoring to multiple devices.

Trying using BlackBerry 10.2 simulator now...
    I am having this exact same problem, the bbb file I have cant be restored to any other phones (I formatted those phone so that I can sign in with the exact BB ID)

It simply says "Restore did not complete"

Tried to restore from a Mac too, doesn't work!

Any one has found the solution??? I need my remember memos backkkkkkkk.. Please..

I can't imagine losing those data..

Note: Saw another post having this same problem.
    06-26-13 02:43 AM
    Hey did anyone got luck in finding a solution for the same

have gone crazy in the last few days trying to restore the data
    07-18-13 01:25 AM
    did the way you stated but it didnt work
    although i dont know where to enter the BBID in the BB link
    07-19-13 09:29 PM
    I had the same issue when i switched from Z10 to Q10 but i was unable to restore. I gave up hope after my 1000th try an went ahead with the fresh OS but today when i tried to update to 10.1.0.4657 the same thing happened again. so after being hopeless for a few hours i downgraded to 10.1.0.4651 the same OS leak that i had made the backup on and individually restored each of the three sections starting with Media then Apps then settings and it worked!
    banana_512 likes this.
    07-26-13 07:42 PM
    there is no hope?
    I just update my link to 1.1.1.32 I have not tried again, hopefully this fix the previous errors in version 1.1.0.33.
    btw .. The influence of leaked OS or bugs of the link?

update :
    I successfully recover my z10 after bb link update to 1.1.1.32 for Windows
    Windows , download here
    Mac, here
    or update direct on bb link
    Last edited by tomato1988; 08-03-13 at 08:20 PM. Reason: update
    08-03-13 06:58 PM
    Finally got my data when updated to Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047 and restoring data individually without SIM
    banana_512 likes this.
    08-07-13 06:29 PM
    Can someone try restoring from Mac?

Posted via CB10
    Same problem here and Mac could not help as well!
    09-22-13 11:37 PM
    Finally got my data when updated to Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047 and restoring data individually without SIM
    1047 was where i made my backup which is around 6.6GB and later on never could get it restore fully or partially! Should i get back to 1047 again? Is it worth trying? Mine is Z1 STL100-1 running 10.2.0.1743
    09-22-13 11:44 PM
    Having the similar problem have used latest link software for backup, has run a complete back up from Z10 OS 10.2 before giving to BB expert centre but now could not restore using the same OS on the device.
    Will be loosing my data 3rd time, BB team is not working on this area.
    11-30-13 11:46 AM
49 12