Hi,

I planned to switch from Z10 LE to Q10 (used) and did a full back up my data which was around 4GB. Wiped Z10LE to restore what was on Q10. So basically, was moving Z10LE to Q10 and the same Q10 to Z10LE. Both were full backed up using Link.

Now both BB 10s are wiped.

1. Changed OS to leaked Q10 OS
    2. Setup complete on Q10 with signing BBID which was used on Z10LE
    3. Connected to PC using Link latest version
    4. Tried restoring Z10LE backed up file to Q10, always fails and gives an error "there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected" and sometimes Q10 reboots.
    5. Tried using on other PC/Windows 8 with old Link 1.0 also with Windows 7 with Link 1.1.0. Same message.
    6. Also tried partial backup / custom backup. Failed.
    Now I lost all my data.
    7. Tried old back up file which previously worked (month back), displays same error.

Same as above with Z10LE. both data lost

Thought maybe changing OS may have problems. Reloaded original OS which were the data was backed up on. No luck.

Took Dev Alpha C, did a Switch device on another PC running Win8 with old BB Link to a wiped Z10 black running 10.1 OS. Even for switching device same error message : there could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected

Connection with device is fine.

Never had this problem, this is my 10th time backing up restoring to multiple devices.

Trying using BlackBerry 10.2 simulator now...
    06-15-13 08:54 PM
    Hi don,
    wow, pretty complicated to follow the whole story
    Are you LE data lost now ?

If not, I'd try this :
    - Restore on LE
    - Delete Q10 from Link device list (and wipe it ?)
    - Plug Q10 to desk and follow the "import from another device" procedure.

Not tested ... so only worth a "maybe you could try this ?" answer for now !
    Cheers
    SF
    06-16-13 11:08 AM
    The data is only on .bbb file now. None of the device has my data.

Now that bbb file is not liking to restore on any BlackBerry 10 device. Tried Z10LE, Q10, Z10 Black, Dev Alpha C.

About simulator, BlackBerry link is not supported yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:22 AM
    The data is only on .bbb file now. None of the device has my data.

Now that bbb file is not liking to restore on any BlackBerry 10 device. Tried Z10LE, Q10, Z10 Black, Dev Alpha C.

About simulator, BlackBerry link is not supported yet.

Posted via CB10
    Did I read you're under a leaked version ? Can you be more specific ?
    06-16-13 12:31 PM
    Did I read you're under a leaked version ? Can you be more specific ?
    As he said, which has leaded version? If it was 10.2, then you will not need able to do a restore from Link.

Also, if you are trying to do a restore from a higher version to a lower one, then you won't be able to do a restore unless you change the OS version on the manifest of the .bbb file to a lower version than the one installed on either devise.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-16-13 12:47 PM
    @EchuOkan1 yeah I am aware of what you just stated. I downgraded to the same OS (official) and higher (leaked 10.1) too. If that's the case I should get an error message saying something about Different OS...

I think I tried everything possible.

Also, want to move data from Dev Alpha C to BlackBerry Z10 (brand new). Switch device doesn't work. Tried on 2 difference PCs

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:50 PM
    I have an extra BlackBerry Z10, did a partial backup and restored on itself. That worked.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:56 PM
    The issue is going to a leaked version that backs up is higher than the OS version you're trying to restore to no??

This is stated in the more recent leaks - past 3/4 actually.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:07 AM
    Don what is the original source OS that you created your backups with on which device?

Whatever that OS is, it has to match on the BlackBerry you're restoring to or that destination BlackBerry have a more recent os.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:08 AM
    I made a backup from Z10/10.1.0.274 ( I guess, official Vodafone) . Want to switch to Q10 with latest leaked OS. It failed. Meanwhile the same Z10 was updated to latest leaked OS, tried moving back to z10, restore failed.

Wiped Z10 and OTA updates OS from Vodafone. So I was back on same OS, failed.

Same with Q10 to Z10 story. Basically 2 users were exchanging phones between them.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:27 AM
    I made a backup from Z10/10.1.0.274 ( I guess, official Vodafone) . Want to switch to Q10 with latest leaked OS. It failed. Meanwhile the same Z10 was updated to latest leaked OS, tried moving back to z10, restore failed.

Wiped Z10 and OTA updates OS from Vodafone. So I was back on same OS, failed.

Same with Q10 to Z10 story. Basically 2 users were exchanging phones between them.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely positive on those? Full backups or partials or both? You've already tried another PC maybe a call to provider support then escalate to BlackBerry is in order?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:43 AM
    Positive! I only have full backup. Should've kept partial too but can't help now. I'm gonna try restoring from Mac in a while. In the name of bla1ze it should work.

BlackBerry support here sucks and not better than CB forums lol

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:19 AM
    Positive! I only have full backup. Should've kept partial too but can't help now. I'm gonna try restoring from Mac in a while. In the name of bla1ze it should work.

BlackBerry support here sucks and not better than CB forums lol

Posted via CB10
    I had a same problem. The restore process always got stuck in 0% and the notice that it couldn't be completed.
    I've tried in an other computer but it didn't help. I lost my Media, message, and application data for this suck.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:35 AM
    I still haven't used BlackBerry link on my mackbook pro because it says the OS X software that my computer is using cannot open or use blackberry link. I think that is ridiculous. It looks like I'm going to have to pay money and upgrade my software just to be able to use BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:39 AM
    I still haven't used BlackBerry link on my mackbook pro because it says the OS X software that my computer is using cannot open or use blackberry link. I think that is ridiculous. It looks like I'm going to have to pay money and upgrade my software just to be able to use BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:42 AM
    @don_poky

Have you had any luck restoring? I'm experiencing exactly the same thing and i've done every possible move to fix it with no luck...

That's my thread here on CB (i just saw yours to be honest):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...up-q10-819247/

and i've post it on BB forums as well:
    Re: URGENT - Link not restoring my backup file on ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I hope you already got a solution to save a bit of time on waiting... Traveling in 24 hours time and would love to have my data back!

Cheers
    06-17-13 05:57 PM
    Not yet. Still didn't got hands on a Mac to try. If you have a Mac around, try copying the bbb file to Mac and restore. I think thats the last hope before an update to OS or BlackBerry Link.

Let us know the results from Mac

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:02 PM
    I have just upgraded to the latest 10.1 leak and running the same exact error as well. Hell, this is my 4th time I'm losing my data...
    06-17-13 06:29 PM
    How about saving to your micro sd card option. That might work. If you swap devices save your backup to your card and load from there.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:37 PM
    How about saving to your micro sd card option. That might work. If you swap devices save your backup to your card and load from there.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 dont have backing up to mem card option

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 11:31 PM
    BlackBerry 10 dont have backing up to mem card option

Posted via CB10
    You can change folder option in link back it up there just not sure if restore will work

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:47 AM
    i have the same problem

at 1st i wanted to destroy the phone

now its running faster and battery lasting longer lol

i would like to restore my remember docs as it has very important business docs and i cant

i dono what to do

i did everything you tried and nothing is working!
    06-18-13 05:14 AM
    Can someone try restoring from Mac?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:21 AM
    i have the same problem

at 1st i wanted to destroy the phone

now its running faster and battery lasting longer lol

i would like to restore my remember docs as it has very important business docs and i cant

i dono what to do

i did everything you tried and nothing is working!
    Are your docs not saved on your sd card?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:39 AM
    Can someone try restoring from Mac?

Posted via CB10
    Every time I upgrade a leaked bb10 is I restore in mountain lion. I dual boot into win7 64 bit to install the leaks though.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:44 AM
49 12