I received a zip folder of photos via email. When I select the zipped attachment, I see files but not thumbnails of the images like I typically would when viewing a folder of photos.........just the greyed out flower thumbnail indicating it is an image.

If I select one of those files, the image opens and I am given the options of "edit", "share", or "set as", but cannot save it unless I edit the image.
    If I hold on a file I get the side-bar options of "properties", "extract", and "select more".

Logically, I would be able to select the folder itself and extract all the files, but this is not an option. So I open that folder and select all images to extract. Fine, sounds simple enough. But when I select "extract" I get......

"CAN'T PLACE FILES IN A READ-ONLY FOLDER"

.....with no other option available except to clear selections. This is the same when only selecting individual image files to extract.

I have further drilled down on the properties of the individual image files and it indicates they are in fact "read-only" permission. Problem with that is, I have confirmed they were not zipped as read-only and should have full read/write permission.

WTF. Do I actually have to select and slightly edit every single image file individually in order to receive and save a folder of images????
    03-21-16 09:35 AM
    Where is the folder you're trying to extract? Mem card or on board mem? I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I might be able to help

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 10:09 AM
    I received a zip folder of photos via email. When I select the zipped attachment, I see files but not thumbnails of the images like I typically would when viewing a folder of photos.........just the greyed out flower thumbnail indicating it is an image.

If I select one of those files, the image opens and I am given the options of "edit", "share", or "set as", but cannot save it unless I edit the image.
    If I hold on a file I get the side-bar options of "properties", "extract", and "select more".

Logically, I would be able to select the folder itself and extract all the files, but this is not an option. So I open that folder and select all images to extract. Fine, sounds simple enough. But when I select "extract" I get......

"CAN'T PLACE FILES IN A READ-ONLY FOLDER"

.....with no other option available except to clear selections. This is the same when only selecting individual image files to extract.

I have further drilled down on the properties of the individual image files and it indicates they are in fact "read-only" permission. Problem with that is, I have confirmed they were not zipped as read-only and should have full read/write permission.

WTF. Do I actually have to select and slightly edit every single image file individually in order to receive and save a folder of images????
    Did you try saving the zip file to a folder of your choice on SD card and then extract?

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    03-21-16 07:12 PM
    No of course not. Mostly because, why the heck should I need to go and do that???
    Process should be very simple......... Receive file. Unzip file and choose where to download content to. See images, documents, etc.
    06-13-16 05:07 PM
    That's really lacking in BB10. I had to download 7Zipper to get it work how I want it.

I sure hope the next updates would include a native (un)compressor.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-16-16 04:31 PM
    From my experience BB10 does have native uncompress from zip. The procedure might be a bit cumbersome however it does exist. Save zip file to SD card and navigate to folder in file manager. Long press and extract.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 10:36 AM
    I am having a similar problem. I downloaded a zip file (it came with read/write permission). Inside are other zip files (read only). I cannot extract the files. I made a copy and placed it on my SD card but I get the same message: Can't place files is a read-only folder. I don't see an option anywhere to change permissions.
    07-23-16 09:14 AM
    That's really lacking in BB10. I had to download 7Zipper to get it work how I want it.

I sure hope the next updates would include a native (un)compressor.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    In that case the file may not have been a standard ZIP archive but was using 7zip extensions.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    07-24-16 07:46 AM
    This worked for me:

I moved the zip folder to my SD card. Then I extracted all of the files, some of which are zip files. Then I extracted the internal zip files.
    07-24-16 09:01 AM