08-04-14 04:09 AM
33 12
tools
    I go into Pictures > Albums > and I have 1 album that is named Unknown with 4 pictures in them. I cannot delete the album or delete the blank pictures within the album. All the rest of my pics are on my sd card. I previously backed them all up and then re formatted card and then put them back on card but issue with that 1 unknown folder on device remains. It is nowhere to be found in File Manager either because I have looked there to try and delete also. I've also downloaded a file manager app that can go deeper but still no luck. I've tried deleting with card in and with card out of device. Have restarted device and nothing works.
    I've also connected my BlackBerry to my pc to look for it but nothing.

Has anyone ever have this issue and how have you resolved it. I know can wipe your phone and I a clean install but that would be my last option.
    I'm also running on the latest 10.1 software on the TELUS mobility network.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:39 PM
    They are pics locked to a certain app that use them. I bet someone here will know what app it is too. But, realistically, how much space is it taking up? Don't fret over the little stuff. If the pics aren't bothering you and you have all the apps you need just leave them be. You seem to have gone through a lot of trouble for a whole lot of nothing.
    05-16-13 12:19 AM
    Hi, have the same issue since i have 10.1... thought im the only one... I have 8 white/grey pictures in folder 'unknown' and cant delete them. I also tried file manager like you, but can not locate these files. I guess these are not used by any app as I did not installed any new since my OS update... Very ugly white pictures within my nice photos. sure this is a bug. Anyone has the solution to delete them, please?

Z10 : Black is back
    05-16-13 01:47 AM
    here you are...

Cannot Delete Pictures or Album-img_00000128.png

Z10 : Black is back
    05-16-13 01:50 AM
    Yeah that is an annoyance. I see that now. Small fix though. Just need BB to acknowledge it. All they have to do is cut the unknown folder out of the picture view. Minor oversight but very annoying. I feel you guys. What kind of apps do you guys use? Any android ports that may add these graphics in there?
    05-16-13 11:18 AM
    I have Skype (preview version) downloaded from BB World after 10.1. I have Whatsapp, Kindle, CB10, Angry Birds SW and Paper Camera app. Nothing else. All from BB World, no magic, no side loaded stuff.

I was coming from original 10.0.10.90, never installed a leak - I was eagerly waiting for official 10.1 cause I did not want to have issues. And now, after my carrier (o2, germany) has rolled out the 10.1.0.273 I have this mess...

These sh##ty white pix are sooo annoying...
    05-16-13 12:06 PM
    I have Skype preview as well. But what's weird is that the pictures that are saves are from tumblr. They were automatically saved as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:32 PM
    Some people say these pictures are because of bug of Kindle app.

So let's try and delete Kindle, hope we will be able to remove these images as well.
    05-17-13 03:07 AM
    okay so i have this issue too but i was able to find out that this unknown folder was created by tumblr that i sideloaded onto my Q10 and when ever i opened that app the pics in that folder would increase. So i connected my q10 to my computer and in the "misc" folder i found many folders created from these side loaded apps and then i searched in there and i finally found the pics but even when i deleted them from my computer it didnt go away. So i uninstalled tumblr via DDPB but still know luck the app was gone but the pictures remained. this is really frustrating. Maybe we should manually back up the phone get out stuff like the music photos etc by copy pasting and then format it maybe that can work?
    05-19-13 06:26 PM
    They're pics used by Kindle. I get these too.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-19-13 07:01 PM
    the same problem. i installed thumblr for android and now i cannot delete folder
    05-21-13 09:40 AM
    Hi I took some photos with the application vignette a strong type photo like you would get in a photo booth. These won't delete , I tried a battery pull and it worked only for my wife to try it again , this time nothing works, it's just annoying that all. Can anyone help? Mark
    05-23-13 04:43 PM
    After I uninstall Skype, I was able to remove these grey and white pictures

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 07:13 PM
    I also have this. I deleted all my apps and formatted my SD card and still won't go away. Wish someone could figure out how to get rid of them.
    05-24-13 11:49 PM
    I had exactly the same grey/white pictures. The only way I could remove the unknown picture folder was to do a factory wipe and restore. Took two hours and you will have to reload your side loaded apps.

Not going to install Kindle again just in case!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and it's a new Blackberry!
    05-25-13 06:27 AM
    Did you already have a backup or did you have to create one? I don't have a backup made. Don't want to do a restore and still have them.
    05-25-13 09:45 AM
    I did a back up before I did the factory wipe. When you restore the back up the unknown album won't be there anymore.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and it's a new Blackberry!
    05-25-13 10:17 AM
    They will probably come back. The file system is just doing its job the way it was coded. It's basically displaying all pictures that fit a certain file type. If it is happening because of a side loaded app you can't be upset because side loaded apps aren't supported by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 10:48 AM
    I don't have any side loaded apps at all. Don't have a PC to do it with

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    05-25-13 12:01 PM
    Same issue for me. I haven't got Kindle installed (but I have in the past, I removed it when doing a cleanup), no side loaded apps either. Stubborn things won't delete either. It's annoying having 8 white / grey blank squares in the middle of my pictures.
    06-11-13 11:30 PM
    Simple- just highlight album and hold your thumb on it. The trash shows up on bottom right- hit trash for delete. It should take it right out.
    06-11-13 11:33 PM
    It doesn't... that's the problem
    06-12-13 12:08 AM
    I had the very same problem. I had no side loaded aps at all and I had it narrowed down to my Kindle ap which sadly I had to delete as it was causing these grey/white photo images which would not delete. Only way I could get rid of them was to completely reload my software. Hoping blackberry fixes this as I would like to have my Kindle ap back again but not until this problem is resolved!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:19 AM
    Same here! 8 white and grey pics that won't delete. Uninstalled Kindle before I even saw these but they didn't go away. Would love to know if someone figures this out!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:42 PM
    I have a few of these as well that will not delete that are in an unknown album. I don't have skype but I do have the Kindle app installed. No delete button appears after holding down on them.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:52 PM
33 12