I recently got a Q10 and was really surprised it wasn't showing up in my file browser when I plugged it in, even though it says it has a USB connection to the computer.

I could do this easily on my Bold 9790, and... basically every other phone I've used. Even non-jailbroken iPhones (with Linux).

I've heard of software called BlackBerry Blend? But even if it worked on Linux, nothing beats the convenience of mounting and navigating a normal file browser.

Currently, it has a micro SD card in which mounts when I plug it in; then manually copy stuff to system storage - but that's a hassle.

Any info greatly appreciated!
    11-19-21 06:39 PM
    I recently got a Q10 and was really surprised it wasn't showing up in my file browser when I plugged it in, even though it says it has a USB connection to the computer.

I could do this easily on my Bold 9790, and... basically every other phone I've used. Even non-jailbroken iPhones (with Linux).

I've heard of software called BlackBerry Blend? But even if it worked on Linux, nothing beats the convenience of mounting and navigating a normal file browser.

Currently, it has a micro SD card in which mounts when I plug it in; then manually copy stuff to system storage - but that's a hassle.

Any info greatly appreciated!
    BB10 devices require that a usb driver be installed in your computer. AFAIK that driver exists only for Windows and Mac computers. I don't think there is a Linux usb driver but I could be wrong.
    https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads
    11-20-21 12:14 PM
    I thought when you put the phone into "mass storage mode", then you could almost use it like a USB stick, with no need for any drivers or software on the PC side.
    11-20-21 03:51 PM
    I thought when you put the phone into "mass storage mode", then you could almost use it like a USB stick, with no need for any drivers or software on the PC side.
    You still need the driver. You also have to have SMB v1 installed on the PC - which is a big security risk.
    11-20-21 04:54 PM
    With no drivers installed on the PC, if the mass media mode is "on" when the phone is connected to the PC via USB, then the SD card will show up as a lettered drive on the PC, just like a USB stick.

With no drivers installed on the PC, if the mass media mode is not "on" when the phone is connected to the PC via USB, then a prompt will show up on the phone asking if drivers should be downloaded to the PC, if the SD card should be assessed, or if only charging should be done.
    11-20-21 06:22 PM
    With no drivers installed on the PC, if the mass media mode is "on" when the phone is connected to the PC via USB, then the SD card will show up as a lettered drive on the PC, just like a USB stick.

With no drivers installed on the PC, if the mass media mode is not "on" when the phone is connected to the PC via USB, then a prompt will show up on the phone asking if drivers should be downloaded to the PC, if the SD card should be assessed, or if only charging should be done.
    Yeah, that will show when you connect your BB10 device to a Linux machine, however, the driver will not install.

There may be a way to use wireless sharing on a Linux machine by mounting internal memory as a smb share but I've never done that.
    11-20-21 06:27 PM
    Yeah, that will show when you connect your BB10 device to a Linux machine, however, the driver will not install.
    I haven't tried to do the driver download in a while, or to use link/blend, etc... The mass mode still works with Windows PCs, for like a USB stick for the phone SD card, without the drivers.
    11-20-21 06:32 PM
    I haven't tried to do the driver download in a while, or to use link/blend, etc... The mass mode still works with Windows PCs, for like a USB stick for the phone SD card, without the drivers.
    Yup - that still works fine on Window machines.
    11-20-21 06:34 PM
    Yes. You don't need any drivers if Mass Storage Mode is enabled on the phone.

You don't see internal memory that way, but if all you want is sd card access, then that's all you need.
    11-20-21 08:25 PM
    Hi LuckyPower, the two ways I do it on Linux are 1) like Brookie229 suggested, get on the same WiFi network as your Linux device and enable wireless sharing on both devices (Settings>Storage and Access>Access using WiFi, then follow the prompts on the Q10, and whatever your distribution calls for on Linux), or 2) follow the instructions in this post (https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13586581) to turn on MTP file sharing on the Q10.
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-21-21 12:37 PM