i havent seen a "sound profile changer" like in OS7 yet on BB10... i just changed to Silent really quickly from the homescreen... just had a thought that i havent seen how this is going to work on BB10... any insight?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 09:12 AM
    There is a quick setting in the dropdown that brings you to the notifications from the homescreen so you can easily change profiles.
    01-24-13 09:24 AM
    You can pull down the shade at the top of the screen to flip between Normal and One other profile.
    If you want a different profile, you'll need to dig deeper into the settings. Whichever profile you picked last will be the one that you can toggle in the shade.
    Can you change sound profiles easily in BB10?-capture1.pngCan you change sound profiles easily in BB10?-capture2.png
    01-24-13 09:35 AM
    Thanks for this info! I was just wondering about this myself. I love the fact that I can have custom message/phone tones for specific contacts in my phone. I hope they bring all that customization to BB10 as well. I don't see why they wouldn't.
    01-24-13 10:30 AM
    You can pull down the shade at the top of the screen to flip between Normal and One other profile.
    If you want a different profile, you'll need to dig deeper into the settings. Whichever profile you picked last will be the one that you can toggle in the shade.
    Press and hold the button doesn't open the list of other profiles?
    01-24-13 11:40 AM
    Nope, at least not on the simulator. It's just a toggle.
    01-24-13 11:50 AM
    Nope, at least not on the simulator. It's just a toggle.
    Hhrmmm.. little things like this are why I think companies do well with a public beta. I have no doubts BB10 will be awesome, and I fully understand why in this situation they wouldn't release a beta.. one it's a huge launch and needs to be a surprise and two there isn't hardware out there to support (unless they released in on the playbook first I guess) But still.. little things like this, while perhaps not overly important, do add to that next level of intuitiveness.. I think it's great that they went to a toggle, because most people probably do only use 2 profiles on a regular basis, and being able to flip back and forth with just a swipe and poke is seamless! But nesting the full menu behind the press and hold for power users is just that little extra that I think we as the users can give to the company to set it over the top in those small, less thought of ways..
    01-24-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks guys. I was wondering about this as well. I love the way we can easily change sound profiles on OS7 very quickly.
    01-24-13 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Glad it's still (almost) as easy as it currently is.
    01-24-13 01:42 PM