Not challenging you, don't take it the wrong way just not encountering the issues often described here or what I experience isn't a problem for me as it is for others. I was able to play the video with seravelli and le brun, did get a media error msg box but was able to view the video no problem and also tsn is slow even on a desktop - still loaded in a reasonable time. I usually go onto the Calgary Sun Sports section and it runs ok for me. Of course overtime the native browser won't work as well bc of no development/maintenance but so far it's ok, at least for me.

Posted via CB10
    No problem! If it works well for you that's great. When I compare this site to my android device ...... it's really no contest and in all honesty, pitiful. YMMV.
    03-05-19 01:52 PM
    Tried it with my Z10, took awhile with how much was the site was loading that wasn't needed, and the video did stop, but I made a query to return the source in a new window and had np playing the m3u8 media format in the browser. I think the BB10 default video player might be responsible but the browser is fairly decent with a mounted media source.

Posted via CB10
    Just to be clear to got the error box that brooker reported, however all I did was click the Ok button in the error box and I then clicked the (white semi-transparent) arrow on the video and it worked fine in the native browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-19 02:06 PM
    No problem! If it works well for you that's great. When I compare this site to my android device ...... it's really no contest and in all honesty, pitiful. YMMV.
    Absolutely, I would expect the video to load quickly and run smoothly on the latest Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-19 02:09 PM
    Absolutely, I would expect the video to load quickly and run smoothly on the latest Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    As a follow-up, do you get any sound when the videos are finally playing on TSN? (no sound on mine).
    03-05-19 02:16 PM
    Sure, lots of examples. Go to www.tsn.ca with your BB10 browser. After waiting an eternity for it to load scroll down to "Around the NHL" video section and tap on the first video clip you see (in my case right now it's about Marchand on Marner's contract negotiations). After another eternity loading tap to play the video. You will then see " Media Error .....etc etc error". The native browser has been left behind with media playback not to mention website security standards which affects the ability to even enter some banking websites. There are many, many examples of this and if you haven't experienced any......well......I find that hard to believe.
    First, I tried with Firefox, it was even slower, so don't blame the browser. Hardware is just older.
    Secondly, it works. Yes, it pops up the error message but hit play and the video plays just fine.
    Thirdly, I side with the original comment regarding the browser being fine. Works for me on nearly all sites I visit and the odd time there is a problem, it ain't just me, fails on the other mobile browsers. I have an Android device with me, never had to resort to it for web browsing.

Lastly, do your own digging around, you'll find most of the bandwidth from websites are consumed by ads and other "junk". It ain't me who says so, plenty of research to back that up. The BlackBerry browser is not degrading, software doesn't do that. It's the web sites that are adding more and more bloat.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-19 02:37 PM
    I tried it on a droid that is much newer than my Q10. Does it work better? Yup, but it's still not fast. Given that it's a midrange Q10 vs a newer once flagship 'droid, I'm not impressed. TSN's website is just crap.

If the website is only viable by using the latest phones, well....
    Once I step up to my Z30 or Passport, I really have very little issue with general web browsing and watching videos online.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-05-19 02:42 PM
    As a follow-up, do you get any sound when the videos are finally playing on TSN? (no sound on mine).
    bump............
    03-05-19 02:44 PM
    I tried it on a droid that is much newer than my Q10. Does it work better? Yup, but it's still not fast. Given that it's a midrange Q10 vs a newer once flagship 'droid, I'm not impressed. TSN's website is just crap.

If the website is only viable by using the latest phones, well....
    Once I step up to my Z30 or Passport, I really have very little issue with general web browsing and watching videos online.

Posted via CB10
    Plenty of add-ons to remove Web bloat and speed browsing on Android.

It's not even in the same league.
    03-05-19 03:05 PM
    First, I tried with Firefox, it was even slower, so don't blame the browser. Hardware is just older.
    Secondly, it works. Yes, it pops up the error message but hit play and the video plays just fine.
    Thirdly, I side with the original comment regarding the browser being fine. Works for me on nearly all sites I visit and the odd time there is a problem, it ain't just me, fails on the other mobile browsers. I have an Android device with me, never had to resort to it for web browsing.

Lastly, do your own digging around, you'll find most of the bandwidth from websites are consumed by ads and other "junk". It ain't me who says so, plenty of research to back that up. The BlackBerry browser is not degrading, software doesn't do that. It's the web sites that are adding more and more bloat.

Posted via CB10
    The site isn't loading well all together. And yea except for parsing json metadata, and some other things most of which can be fixed the stock browser is still pretty powerful. Workarounds with CSS, repainting and scripting can get the device to use the GPU instead of caching everything into the CPU. Which makes a night and day difference in some cases. My Z10 can play a 3d open world game or animate 30,000 particles with an offline webpage, even play radio stations from an http source like IceCast with device wide volume control and song title display. I have no idea regarding TLS however. If or how that could be solved properly and securely.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-06-19 12:38 AM
    That was 5 years ago.
    You can still see her using her Q5. As well as other politicians suing OS10 devices. Seehofer for example still uses his Classic.

Edit: typo
    Last edited by markus2107; 05-17-19 at 06:12 AM.
    05-17-19 05:59 AM
    She might still have this phone.

Remember the Chancellor got her Q10, as well as the rest of her Cabinet because of the NSA snooping on their conversations?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, you got that wrong. After the NSA snooping became public, she had to admit that she used her personal phone for governmental purpose. However the OS10 devices were sent to the German intelligence just to make sure it wasn't compromised as well...
    05-17-19 06:03 AM
    Pretty sure we can put to rest anything Alex Thurber has said in the past.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-17-19 07:13 AM
    Nope, you got that wrong. After the NSA snooping became public, she had to admit that she used her personal phone for governmental purpose. However the OS10 devices were sent to the German intelligence just to make sure it wasn't compromised as well...
    Good to know. Does anyone know if the Chancellor still uses her BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-19 10:33 AM
    The German Government officials used Securesmart phones. Not stock BB10 phones. I believe they each cost around $5000.

President Obama when he came to office he had a phone that had a BlackBerry case, but the insides were hand built by the NSA.
    05-17-19 03:13 PM
    BTW, didn't Alex recently leave BlackBerry Limited?
    05-17-19 04:48 PM
    05-17-19 04:58 PM
    BTW, didn't Alex recently leave BlackBerry Limited?
    Which is the reason for Dunt Dunt Dunt's post number 62 above.
    05-17-19 06:59 PM
    Give me a damn updated browser and I'm good to go.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-19 05:28 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry Ltd indicates in the coming months what the end game will be for BlackBerry 10 OS. What we can expect in terms of performance issues and if things like BBM on BB10 will continue.

Most of what we already know is accurate. The devices will continue to call, text and email but some other features we are not aware of such as BBM. I suspect it will continue but than again who knows? BlackBerry will keep BlackBerry Enterprise working but that will be a paid subscription for a lot of users.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-19 01:51 AM
    Good to know. Does anyone know if the Chancellor still uses her BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, see post # 60.
    05-19-19 07:45 AM
    Pretty sure we can put to rest anything Alex Thurber has said in the past.
    Sorry for asking, but why? Was there a statement or is there a history of wrong information given by Thurber?
    05-19-19 07:47 AM
    Sorry for asking, but why? Was there a statement or is there a history of wrong information given by Thurber?
    He is no longer employed at BlackBerry.
    05-19-19 07:56 AM
    The German Government officials used Securesmart phones. Not stock BB10 phones. I believe they each cost around $5000.
    The phones are simply OS10 devices, you can see that occasionally on tv, when our politicians brows through their chats *. As far as there is anything official about, the encryption is developed by Secusmart and there is no connection to the server in GB.

However the government also uses/used so called SiMKo 3 phones. This phone is indeed just the shell of a Samsung device, but operates with a pure Linux based system and is only for encrypted calls.

* No, it's impossible to read anything. You simply can see they use the same gestures and have the same GUI / integrated apps every other OS10 device has.
    05-19-19 07:59 AM
    He is no longer employed at BlackBerry.
    I read that, but: "Was there a statement or is there a history of wrong information given by Thurber?"
    05-19-19 08:01 AM
    I read that, but: "Was there a statement or is there a history of wrong information given by Thurber?"
    The point was that anything he said recently related to the future could now be changed since he's no longer there to drive those decisions.

Although, those things could still happen.
    05-19-19 10:07 AM
77 1234