Because it's not relevant.

It's like creating a perfect semi auto military rifle.... five years after the AK47 and M16 roll into heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    kvndoom likes this.
    04-15-16 09:32 PM
    Poor app selection.

Just ask anyone who turned up their nose and bought a different OS. It ain't rocket science that the two OS's that have about 95% of the market also have all the most popular and most used apps.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-16-16 06:17 AM
    Sick of these posts. Seems as though this forum is full of them these days.
    It's because OP is stuck at "denial".

The forum is full of them because there are a lot of people at that stage... though some have made it as far as "bargaining", and a few have made it all the way to "acceptance".

The ones who reach "acceptance" are posting here too. They're the ones who have now bought a Priv/iPhone/S7 and are advising those in earlier stages to "get over BB10".

Think of it as being part of a therapeutic programme.

Everyone needs a hug sometimes!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-16-16 08:03 AM
    It's because OP is stuck at "denial".

The forum is full of them because there are a lot of people at that stage... though some have made it as far as "bargaining", and a few have made it all the way to "acceptance".

The ones who reach "acceptance" are posting here too. They're the ones who have now bought a Priv/iPhone/S7 and are advising those in earlier stages to "get over BB10".

Think of it as being part of a therapeutic programme.

Everyone needs a hug sometimes!
    I hit acceptance stage last earnings call when new android phones were announce and BB10 update was pushed till mid summer.
    04-16-16 09:35 AM
    If BB10 had been in better shape at launch, and if BlackBerry had done more advertising besides that one terrible superbowl ad, BB10 would have been accpeted.

The flow and cleanliness of the UI is remarkable. Android and iOS are cluttered messes. BB10 had the best software engineers around, really just an amazing team who believed in the product, I think. Squandered by the morons running things. And now we're stuck with an Android/iOS duopoly.

It's just an amazing display of years of incompetence.

I bought an iPhone 6S last night, and it's miserable in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 09:56 AM
    If BB10 had been in better shape at launch, and if BlackBerry had done more advertising besides that one terrible superbowl ad, BB10 would have been accpeted.

The flow and cleanliness of the UI is remarkable. Android and iOS are cluttered messes. BB10 had the best software engineers around, really just an amazing team who believed in the product, I think. Squandered by the morons running things. And now we're stuck with an Android/iOS duopoly.

It's just an amazing display of years of incompetence.

I bought an iPhone 6S last night, and it's miserable in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    Not even more advertising would of help. I agree BB10 is easiest the best mobile OS in terms of flow, multi-tasking, and layout, but that's it. For being so late to the game BB really need to bring something (anything) that Android or IOS couldn't do.

They need something like any BB10 will connect to QNX car right now the code is already baked into your car just download the app from BBW. I remember seriously being so excited about what they could do with QNX and inter-connectivity with the phone but absolutely nothing came.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-16-16 10:18 AM
    BlackBerry can into relevant.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:27 AM

They need something like any BB10 will connect to QNX car right now the code is already baked into your car just download the app from BBW. I remember seriously being so excited about what they could do with QNX and inter-connectivity with the phone but absolutely nothing came.
    That's not how the QNX business model works, or has ever worked. They provide the operating system and a bunch of modules. The car manufacturers build their own application layer on top of that (or buy someone else's). That's why most manufacturers have their own products: Ford Sync, iDrive, etc.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    04-16-16 10:28 AM
    Similar story to Sony Beta vs VHS back in the day. The superior technology lost out over popularity. Likewise Blueray vs HD-DVD..

BB10 is a superior OS in my opinion but apps are the in-thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:42 AM
    Similar story to Sony Beta vs VHS back in the day. The superior technology lost out over popularity. Likewise Blueray vs HD-DVD..

Posted via CB10
    You know that Sony only end-of-lifed Beta last month right?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-end-prodution
    04-16-16 11:10 AM
    That's not how the QNX business model works, or has ever worked. They provide the operating system and a bunch of modules. The car manufacturers build their own application layer on top of that (or buy someone else's). That's why most manufacturers have their own products: Ford Sync, iDrive, etc.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Yeah I know that but was trying to give a shoot the moon type idea cause that is what bb needed when launch happened
    04-16-16 01:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ethernet and token ring.
    04-16-16 02:02 PM
    Same story as with e.g. Novell: very good technology, but absolutely no marketing....

Posted via Passport running BlackBerry OS10
    04-16-16 02:32 PM
    Yeah I know that but was trying to give a shoot the moon type idea cause that is what bb needed when launch happened
    If they had used QNX to put a software advantage for BlackBerry into cars without manufacturer approval they would have lost their position in that market overnight. It would be like Microsoft point of sale software printing adds on receipts.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-16-16 03:53 PM
    You know that Sony only end-of-lifed Beta last month right?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-end-prodution
    Hopefully my Betas will become collectables finally!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 04:14 PM
    If they had used QNX to put a software advantage for BlackBerry into cars without manufacturer approval they would have lost their position in that market overnight. It would be like Microsoft point of sale software printing adds on receipts.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Again got that!!!! but to my original point bb needed a big idea they didn't have one. either tell I'm wrong or quit quoting me
    04-16-16 04:16 PM
    As a master of economics, I can't believe how much the word marketing is mentioned in all forums post, and in wrong concept!

Da fq you think marketing is??
    Chen: Oi, people, listen over here! We have premium devices that support every popular app that exists on every other platform! Yeah, fb, whats, viber,etc. Thing is, it works, kinda. But you can sideloaded android apps also, though they wont work as smoothly as on android os, but they do the job. Yeah, also we won't develop any other app for two years, and then we will turn on to develop devices based on android os. But still, buy our products, yeah, they are expensive, but its nice piece of hardware.

If they were telling the truth, no one will ever get BlackBerry device! It's economics! And trust me, they didn't make money from hardware but from software. Our company uses 4 of their products for security and encryption, and we pay a shait load of money every year.

Guys, you bought devices from BlackBerry to be different from lagdroids and appleotics. Just admit it. In meantime, you fall in love with them. You increased your productivity a lot more than you could have on android or iOS. these devices are meant for business per se: texting, emails, phone calls, document viewers and editors on the run, with abnormal level of security. Not for gaming, not for selfies, not for checking your heart rate and other bullshait.

So the MARKETING was right on the spot, they advertise security in business, period. Just check their commercials.

And one more thing : Chen is not bad guy, he is a damn good economist. And he get leftovers from previous ceo that was rotten. And, death of BlackBerry will come when YOU sell, throw away or put your BlackBerry in dark corner of your room.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa likes this.
    04-16-16 05:22 PM
    Again got that!!!! but to my original point bb needed a big idea they didn't have one. either tell I'm wrong or quit quoting me
    Ok, you're wrong. They didn't need anything like any BB10 will connect to QNX car because the code is already baked into your car and you just just download the app from BBW. All that would have accomplished is demonstrate to the world that buying a QNX products for a progject was tto tie your product to BB10 and BlackBerry's handset business. If you want to offer something big that BlackBerry should have taken from QNX look at how the latter is moving into running Android applications securly on their infomatics systems; and how they are providing instruction to their customers on how to write secure software to control the car. With this strategy QNX has grown to 50% of the installed infomatics market and is forecast to dominate that market through 2020. A lot of this is because, although like almost everyone else, car manufacturers didn't care about system security that attitude hurt them pretty badly. Now they are starting to care. QNX is showing them that they don't need to ignore what their customers are asking for, or build more expensive systems, to make the cars more secure.

What did BlackBerry do with the same OS advantage? They bought into a GUI that locked them to Qt 4. Told developers to develop Android applications, first if they wanted to continue to program in Java, later to reach larger markets. But they did very litttle to encourage developers to write secure Android applications (or secure BB10 applications for that matter) or move ahead with QNX to roll in the ability to host Android applications in a secure container or to provide support for Qt 5 UIs. They tried to claim BB10 was a secure way to run Android applications but they failed on two counts. They never got either access to Google Play Services for the Android Run Time, nor did they provide a credible replacement service, even though they tried to. It is also clear to anyone who runs Android applications on BB10 that separation is far from complete. Some Android applications run quite well on BB10, but many cause problems.

Now they are trying to build a version of Android as secure as BB10. When they bought QNX for use in their own devices the first thing they did was a full code review of the OS. This was probably only possible because QNX uses a micro kernel and is fairly small. BlackBerry doesn't control Android. In real terms neither does Google or even the OHA. Much of what makes up Android is from open source projects. Many of these have existing problems that are being uncovered at a rate that all but proves there is an unlimited supply. Others have new problems being written into them right now, as the future will demonstrate. It is difficult to believe that Android can come anywhere near the level of security available on BB10, as flawed as BB10 is.

When BlackBerry bought QNX, QNX continued to pursue their busines plan, and BlackBerry wisely allowed this. If you're looking for a really big thing that would have allowed BlackBerry to continue to grow from their peak rather than waste away to their current state it is that they should have copied QNX's strategy. Rather than try to take on the large consumer smartphone makers, they should have stayed the course. The course that they are now trying desparately to get back on. Providing high security mobile communications devices and services. They would never be as big as Apple or Google, but neither would they be what they are now. QNX is dominating one of their markets with 50 million installations and growing. I'm sure at this point BlackBerry would be happy to be growing from 50 million handset users.
    04-16-16 07:54 PM
43 12