This OS is great... writing you from my Q5 and everything works so fluidly... which in an every update the phone just kept getting better and better... was it due to lack of apps? I'm confused because this OS to me is great and kicks *** (****) lol damn censoring lol

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    04-14-16 12:27 AM
    Apps!
    04-14-16 12:29 AM
    No marketing and advertising

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-14-16 12:33 AM
    Poor marketing, Poor advertising. In facto i buy a phone for a phone, and tablet for app. Nokia and BlackBerry made the best phone for my needs
    04-14-16 12:51 AM
    04-14-16 12:54 AM
    I will never know why blackberry never advertised the BB10 devices like they did back in the day with the BlackBerry Pearl or BlackBerry Curves and Blackberry Bolds...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 01:07 AM
    This OS is great... writing you from my Q5 and everything works so fluidly... which in an every update the phone just kept getting better and better... was it due to lack of apps? I'm confused because this OS to me is great and kicks *** (****) lol damn censoring lol

Posted via CB10
    Wake up dude!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 01:10 AM
    BlackBerry 10 died, but no one even knew it existed.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-14-16 04:56 AM
    Someone should go to jail for murder! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 05:59 AM
    BB as a company will continue but BB10 is done. Stick the fork in it.
    04-14-16 06:19 AM
    Not so fast! Hypervisor is the future.
    04-14-16 06:19 PM
    I'm changing up tonight and going with lack of and poor execution on BlackBerry's part.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a little lack of apps or even delays in updates and oroducts. Who knows what the day will bring
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    04-14-16 09:11 PM
    I'm changing up tonight and going with lack of and poor execution on BlackBerry's part.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a little lack of apps or even delays in updates and oroducts. Who knows what the day will bring
    Delays in updates? You obviously never had an android device... where the updates are rare and few with certain devices still stuck on old lollipop and not marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 09:35 PM
    Sick of these posts. Seems as though this forum is full of them these days.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-14-16 09:51 PM
    Well.....I believe Crackberry itself has to accept some responsibility......I started with a 7510 on Nextel.....and stayed true to RIM/BlackBerry for years, but as time went on the attitude in the media and among the diehards around here really soured, and I totally understand why, but if a person had grown board with iOS, Android, or Windows and spent any time in the forums here over the last 3 or 4 years, why would they believe in, or want to take a chance on Blackberry? This place has hurt BBs reputation almost as much as the media in my opinion........it has felt very negative here for a long long time....sorry guys, but it's how I feel, and it did play a part in my decision to move on, I still own a PP, and I do love BB10, but it never had a chance in my opinion......and BlackBerry putting itself up for sale was a big deal also I believe.......ok, let me have it, flame suit on.

Sent from mTalk
    MoonSunStars, miker476 and ams083 like this.
    04-14-16 10:24 PM
    The main reason is lack of an ecosystem with the main cause being that BB10 launched too late.

The lack of marketing is true, but it is nowhere near the main cause. Microsoft invested much much much more in Windows phone 8 marketing than BB could have ever invested in their own marketing and it hasn't made much of a dent in the Android/iOS market.
    GadgetTravel and JeepBB like this.
    04-15-16 02:51 AM
    Quality of running Android apps in BlackBerry 10...is very poor otherness good one this..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 04:32 AM
    The main reason is lack of an ecosystem with the main cause being that BB10 launched too late.

The lack of marketing is true, but it is nowhere near the main cause. Microsoft invested much much much more in Windows phone 8 marketing than BB could have ever invested in their own marketing and it hasn't made much of a dent in the Android/iOS market.
    Nailed it. Too many here think there are tens of millions of folks "just waiting for a way to leave IOS and Android." The truth is.... there aren't.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-15-16 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Easy question.

First of all, too low devices sales, but it's John Chen fault because since he become CEO all BB10 devices just gone from local stores and carriers shelves and become available to buy only in online stores. Same situation is with Priv today. Even Priv who is "powered by android" is not available to see anywhere in the stores next to android, iOS, Windows Phone and even old school Nokia's Symbian phones.

If not John Chen, Z30 could become a best seller but he become CEO 1 month before Z30 was released and since first day after release he killed Z30, nowhere to buy Z30 no one even knew it existed because nowhere you could find it anywhere in the stores, same situation with Passport & Classic, same situation even with Priv today. Everything is IMHO and we all need to thank shareholders for making John Chan as a CEO only after 8 months after BB10 was introduced. It was clearly to soon to kill BB10. If Z30 also failed I said nothing and accept that no one wants BB10 devices, but Blackberry don't even tried to offer Z30 for global market. Even after this miserable John Chen's "cutting cost" "strategy", Blackberry needed 3 years to kill BB10, this should say a lot. IMHO, BB10 was killed in purpose.

Another huge fail by Blackberry was public relations and global devices distributions. Spread the lie about BB10 devices is for "business and government", it's clearly NOT. BB10OS is the same as android, iOS and WP, but by spreading the word in purpose that BB10 is a "niche" operating system was a biggest nail I can imagine. Maybe it could workout in 2000's world, but definitely not in 2010's world.

Blackberry just needed to make BB10 devices make available everywhere their competitors was, that's it. Yes, they created most fluent OS and you don't need zillion quad core's to make OS as smooth as possible, but biggest mistake was to forget what they always forget with older BBOS to make their device global not "niche". I'm talking about OS translations and keyboard input languages keys - BB10OS have the worst situation with translations and have the least OS translations and keyboard letters available to type in native languages. If you talking about "best keyboard experience".. yeah right..

So John Chen/Blackberry.whatever make not only difficult to buy BB10 devices (also Priv), but also made OS as "niche" as possible by making not usable in lots of countries. Depending only from US market in 2010's world is more than insane IMHO. Who will be interested to make apps for few Americans and Canadians? Blackberry never tried to come to EU market, you can't even type in most native European languages with BB10 devices and I'm talking about virtual keyboards.

I agree that Z10 was a plastic peace of... but Z30 was absolutely different story. Then I got my Z30 all my friends with iPhones 5 & 5s told me "it't too big" and I'm just lol'ed at them and told just wait iPhone 6 will be the same size ) everyone argued with me that it will never happened until it did ) still amazed how loud speakers works even compared with iPhone 6 & 6s..

Conclusion of this, Blackberry always was a head of everything starting from hardware and ending with software, but all this John Chen miserable lies about BB10 is for business and government in every single interview + availability to buy is a joke, lies lies lies killed Blackberry as we know it for a long years, just my IMHO.

Blackberry 10 have the future and always will, like Steve Jobs did with iPhone, just need to make and introduce new device for global market, not "niche" market. John Chen could become new Steve Jobs if he only did that IMHO.

P.S. everyone wants to see, touch and ask what it is then I put out my Passport SE. No one cares about iPhone anymore, android never been, but Blackberry still makes phones everyone is interested in, just need them available to buy in every single country their competitors are and John finally sell 10 million devices per year, that's it.

+ stop spreading lies that BB10 is only for business and government! It's NOT!
    04-15-16 07:20 AM
    Delays in updates? You obviously never had an android device... where the updates are rare and few with certain devices still stuck on old lollipop and not marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    Well one this is about BB not android and two there is a reason "Coming Soon" is a joke around here.

If you really think BB doesn't delay stuff or can't hit deadlines they set and announce to everyone you should take a day and search the forum.
    JeepBB and gamegurl like this.
    04-15-16 07:23 AM
    The Genesis of failure is what went on before

1. Apple, Google Android - Changed the game from hardware to software
    2. Co-CEOs & their mis-steps - Late response to iPhone, Storm Failure, ignoring the consumer need for toys, etc
    3. Apps - Too little
    4. Time & Image lost with Playbook - wrong timing, before its time
    5. Failure to to plan for and transition BBOS users - BBOS users transitioned out
    6. Rushed launched of BB10 and associated challenges
    7. Lack of Marketing Lack of belief - BB10 needed apps, commitment to a new vision

The game changed. So despite Z10,Q10, Q5, Z30,Z3 Passport, Classic & Leap

Get the book "Loosing the signal"
    04-15-16 08:30 AM
    Yeah... BlackBerry got too comfortable at the top. By the time they realized and came out with BB10, people had already moved on. I still have my Z10 which I use occasionally but my primary phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    04-15-16 08:50 AM
    BlackBerry 10 OS in my opinion and based on my experience is way better than the Android OS and iOS. With its latest OS update to OS 10.3.2.28... The OS matured and will be more matured hopefully soon..
    I've tried the OSes of Android and iOS. Yes these OSes are really lovely because of the exemplary "ecosystem of apps" BUT when it comes to as a tool in efficiency and productivity BB10 OS is quite fast with its buttonless UI no exaggerated menus to open or to press. Unlike Android and iOS home buttons and others needs to be accessed. The BlackBerry HUB is one of the outstanding features of BlackBerry - integrating all your important accounts in one location and accessible anytime No need to open the app. Android and iOS needs an app for this. Unfortunately BlackBerry lacks application support. The only problem with BlackBerry was a good advertisement, marketing strategy and public exposure. I don't know if John Chen is really a businessman it seems like he doesn't know the Word " SELL". I do believe it's never too late for BlackBerry 10 OS. With more OS enhancements and improvements good marketing strategy and advertisement - the OS still has the chance.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 09:27 AM
    Poor management.

Nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa likes this.
    04-15-16 05:11 PM
    Poor marketing.

Blackberry Passport
    04-15-16 06:45 PM
43 12