I don't quite understand 10.2.3's 'growing numbers' feature in the calendar.

I turned it on and now I have dates that are varying degrees of bold... but I don't understand the criteria. My largest and darkest bold date has one all-day/birthday entry on it while another date that is barely bolder than the regular dates has a birthday from the same calendar and an appointment during the day.

I sort of assumed that a heavy bold would mean a lot of calendar entries, but that doesn't seem to be the case in my calendar.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 05:49 AM
    Amount of hours taken up during the day I believe not the amount of appointments.

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Dr J39 likes this.
    06-04-15 05:51 AM
    The busier your day the bigger the number gets. It's an at glance without having to go into the day to see what you if you have time for an appointment
    06-04-15 05:54 AM
    It has to do with the number of hours that you have for appointments.

If you have all day birthday appointments, then the calendar will think that you have a busy schedule that day.

If you have a lot of appointments in your calendar, then I would suggest that you remove Facebook birthdays. And just use the calendar for work.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:01 AM
    Yep just by looking at the month view you can see how busy your schedule is at a glance. It's really neat.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:27 PM
    Since no one addressed it... everyone's is working like they describe... not the way mine is working?

Edit: I forgot that I had set my Google Calendar's Birthday calendar as the same color as Facebook.

So, it looks like having Google contact's birthdays showing negates the entire thing as the BlackBerry calendar is registering the birthday as a full day task as opposed to Facebook's birthdays, which it properly sees as one small event. So, the advice to remove Facebook birthdays is bad as it's not the one causing the issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:22 AM
    Since no one addressed it... everyone's is working like they describe... not the way mine is working?

Edit: I forgot that I had set my Google Calendar's Birthday calendar as the same color as Facebook.

So, it looks like having Google contact's birthdays showing negates the entire thing as the BlackBerry calendar is registering the birthday as a full day task as opposed to Facebook's birthdays, which it properly sees as one small event. So, the advice to remove Facebook birthdays is bad as it's not the one causing the issue.

Posted via CB10
    So swipe down & select "Manage" remove the checkmark for "Birthdays"

That being said, it's my Birthday ALL day, not just for a couple minutes

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:49 AM