When I load OS from various carriers, they all put their own bloatware, sometimes it is easy to spot, sometimes not so easy.
    So instead of assuming we removed the correct bar file, I would just load everything.

Let's say I found out about a certain bar, is it possible to remove it after installation?
    For argument sake, let's use retaildemo-10.3.1.xxx file as an example. I know I can just delete this before dropping the folder, but can I delete it after installation is complete?

Edit:
    See the rest of the thread for discussion, but here are the useful links posted in this thread by members.

- http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1151-a-977228/
    - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...s-os10-828351/
    - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 03-16-15 at 12:20 AM.
    03-13-15 09:39 PM
    When I load OS from various carriers, they all put their own bloatware, sometimes it is easy to spot, sometimes not so easy.
    So instead of assuming we removed the correct bar file, I would just load everything.

Let's say I found out about a certain bar, is it possible to remove it after installation?
    For argument sake, let's use retaildemo-10.3.1.xxx file as an example. I know I can just delete this before dropping the folder, but can I delete it after installation is complete?
    Yes. When sachesi shows your installed apps you can select each bar you want to uninstall. After you select the apps you want uninstalled, just right click and it will say "uninstall selected" I delete all nuance and imf files that aren't my language.

I usually check 10 bars at a time and then uninstall. I find that the more I check, the longer it takes to uninstall. Sometimes it doesn't do it. I find small bunches work better

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    FF22, raw_dog and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-15 09:56 PM
    Yes. When sachesi shows your installed apps you can select each bar you want to uninstall. After you select the apps you want uninstalled, just right click and it will say "uninstall selected" I delete all nuance and imf files that aren't my language.

I usually check 10 bars at a time and then uninstall. I find that the more I check, the longer it takes to uninstall. Sometimes it doesn't do it. I find small bunches work better

Which ones are the English and Spanish language imf files?
    I always get confused between the ES and the EN...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    The ones I don't know. I don't touch. No harm done. I don't touch imf.root I or anything else that doesn't look like a name or language

03-13-15 10:05 PM
    The ones I don't know. I don't touch. No harm done. I don't touch imf.root I or anything else that doesn't look like a name or language

Fair enough! Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-13-15 10:12 PM
    Fair enough! Thank you

Posted via CB10
    You and H4T are very welcome

bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-15 10:14 PM
    Got it, thanks. I will do a full install, after making sure everything works I'll try to get rid of unneeded language files and other random carrier stuff that I can locate.
    I believe we had a list somewhere here listing useless and safe-to-delete files.

For removal pre-installation, did you try LeakShrink?
    03-13-15 11:19 PM
    Got it, thanks. I will do a full install, after making sure everything works I'll try to get rid of unneeded language files and other random carrier stuff that I can locate.
    I believe we had a list somewhere here listing useless and safe-to-delete files.

For removal pre-installation, did you try LeakShrink?
    I don't preshrink. I use autoloaders

03-13-15 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Refer to this post to help you determine which language file are which. Thanks to this lengthy list, i've been able to shrink out everything except for American English & Spanish.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11093821
    03-14-15 09:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    EN = English
    ES = Spanish (espa�ol)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do be a bit careful. A while back on doing a "cleanup" of language files I did remove a critical one and had to reload the OS. So I'm cautious now when removing those nuance (nuisance) files!!!
    03-14-15 03:35 PM
    Do be a bit careful. A while back on doing a "cleanup" of language files I did remove a critical one and had to reload the OS. So I'm cautious now when removing those nuance (nuisance) files!!!
    I think we should be fine if we stick to only few large ones that are obvious like retail demo and unwanted apps , I think we should be fine. I don't think language files take up that much space, and if they do will the app actually crash when you try to change language or will it just not list them at all?

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    03-14-15 04:10 PM
    I think we should be fine if we stick to only few large ones that are obvious like retail demo and unwanted apps , I think we should be fine. I don't think language files take up that much space, and if they do will the app actually crash when you try to change language or will it just not list them at all?

I'm not entirely sure how the phone will react if you attempt to change to a language you have removed. I agree - certain apps are easily dispensed with. I, for one, got rid of Facebook and some other the other social sharing sites.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-14-15 04:45 PM

I'm not entirely sure how the phone will react if you attempt to change to a language you have removed. I agree - certain apps are easily dispensed with. I, for one, got rid of Facebook and some other the other social sharing sites.
    After removing the language bars, they are still listed under Languages but won't actually load when you try to enable it. It gets added to the list of enabled languages but since there's no bar to load, it just there under the 'Enabled Lanugages' list.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-15 05:42 PM
    Used to use the Chrome extension for getting rid of some core files that I'll never be using (languages, retaildemo, firstlaunch, etc.). Sachesi is a lot better as it allows you to remove more than one at a time, that's just my opinion.

I get rid of A LOT of 'junk', roughly 700+ MB. I initially used this thread as a guide as I didn't want to delete something which would mess things up.

I personally use Sachesi now, and select all the files I want to delete, it works like that for me, your mileage may vary.

Here is a spreadsheet of the files I personally remove, ignore the files sizes as they're from an old Q10 build, and some files aren't really the same size from different builds.
    Last edited by deezy87; 03-15-15 at 08:36 PM.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-15-15 06:02 PM
    You don't need to reload the OS, you can just load the bar files that you have happened to delete.
    03-15-15 08:24 PM
    You don't need to reload the OS, you can just load the bar files that you have happened to delete.
    Yeah I was thinking about that and trying to imagine a scenario that wouldn't work in.

What if you removed one of the core OS .bar's? Would you still be able to forcefully Sachesi in (or another method) to install the .bar or would it be one of those scenarios you need to reload?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-15-15 09:02 PM
    It would just be nice if BB offered the OS without all of those language files as part of the load!
    03-15-15 09:47 PM
    It would just be nice if BB offered the OS without all of those language files as part of the load!
    Or, remember how BB OS7 had installation options, you could select files to install, languages, games, etc in little checkboxes, I wish BB OS 10 kept that option with updates, especially desktop updates. Maybe someone can do a Sachesi skin that renames files with plain names so we can pick and choose, and trees/submenus that can be compacted (like + essential files, +Optional apps, +language files, +carrier files, +etc..) ... Just thinking out loud..
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-15 10:51 PM
    Or, remember how BB OS7 had installation options, you could select files to install, languages, games, etc in little checkboxes, I wish BB OS 10 kept that option with updates, especially desktop updates. Maybe someone can do a Sachesi skin that renames files with plain names so we can pick and choose, and trees/submenus that can be compacted (like + essential files, +Optional apps, +language files, +carrier files, +etc..) ... Just thinking out loud..
    I like that idea.

Another idea would be to split the files up into categories of "Core Files (don't touch!)", "Languages", "Misc/Unknown".

That kind of thing, I know I'd have found it super useful when I was new to BlackBerry10 and the entire behind-the-scenes part of the phone!

FF22 likes this.
    03-15-15 11:25 PM
    I like that idea.

Another idea would be to split the files up into categories of "Core Files (don't touch!)", "Languages", "Misc/Unknown".

That kind of thing, I know I'd have found it super useful when I was new to BlackBerry10 and the entire behind-the-scenes part of the phone!

Yes that would be great, I bet this can be done via script too by ignoring the full name and focusing on only the file name before the first dash.
    fa_IR-
    facebook-
    firstlaunch-
    retaildemoshim-

etc..
    etc..

PS: I updated the first post in this thread to let others know we found few threads by help of members and they can use those for more info/explanation.
    03-16-15 12:19 AM
    DBBT (Darcy's) can do some of what you are suggesting above. It has several things in common with Sachesi and can do a few more things you may be interested in as well. Check it out here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/
    It's what I've been using lately.
    03-16-15 12:29 AM