My mass storage option got turned off (maybe when I switched sim cards?). I fixed (enabled) that, but it looks like I can not see the rest of blackberry via usb anymore. It used to show up as two usb drives when I plugged in. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:48 AM
    Does it show up under BLEND? It seems to work very well with my mac. As soon as I'm in wifi range it pops up.

I know you're talking about USB though.
    When you hit mass storage and connected is device unlocked?
    I've only had that problem once when screen was locked.

? Sent from my Commodore 64
    11-24-14 11:06 AM
    USB Mass storage only shows the SDcard as a removable drive. NOT the flash memory (internal).
    You must have had Link or similar installed to see the flash memory and sdcard as network locations.
    11-25-14 08:19 AM
    USB Mass storage only shows the SDcard as a removable drive. NOT the flash memory (internal).
    You must have had Link or similar installed to see the flash memory and sdcard as network locations.
    Flash memory does not show up as a drive on any device, or computer. It is never storage. When you turn off a device, everything in flash memory is gone.
    11-25-14 12:09 PM
    Turn on your blackberry link option in settings on your phone
    11-25-14 06:30 PM
    There is some misunderstanding here
    I bet you can't see the internal storage (that is mounted as a network drive) because you change a rule or update your firewall on your computer. I cannot search right now, but you will find the correct ports to open in the forum. In the meantime, you can always switch off your internet connection and then your firewall to test that assumption
    11-25-14 07:02 PM
    Flash memory does not show up as a drive on any device, or computer. It is never storage. When you turn off a device, everything in flash memory is gone.
    Not true in this case (maybe semantics).
    When you have the phone connected via wifi, you get SD and Flash for names of the two drives.
    MyZ10 [Pin:1234567] [SD] (Y: )
    MyZ10 [Pin:1234567] [Flash] (Z: )
    11-26-14 08:06 AM
    What OS are you using? If you're still on 10.2.1 I'll send you my storage settings which work well with my computer.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    11-26-14 09:39 AM
    Turn off "USB Mass Storage".

When on, you'll only see your MicroSD card, because the phone behaves as a USB drive.

If that option is off, you'll see two drives (Flash Memory and MicroSD) when connecting the device to the computer via USB.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:03 AM
    I am on 10.2.1.2976
    I never had link installed on my pc or any BlackBerry soft since I got the Q10
    I never accessed blackberry via network, except developer mode for android apps
    If I turn off mass usb storage, I see nothing when connected to PC
    I know this used to work as the cable is how I moved files into my internal memory music folder

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:50 AM
    Also, I don't see what firewall has to do with anything as we are talking about a USB connection

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:52 AM
    Also, I don't see what firewall has to do with anything as we are talking about a USB connection
    Via USB or Wi-Fi, the internal storage is mounted as a Network Drive so you don't have access to the system or the root of the drive. Be aware that your SD Card can also be mounted as a network drive if you've activated Encryption.
    12-20-14 09:43 AM
    Here's my settings. Also USB mass storage is OFF.

Can no longer see blackberry folders via usb-img_20141220_103428.png

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    12-20-14 11:35 AM
    Turned off firewall, no help.
    If I turn off mass storage, I no longer see the internal card.
    The Flash drive still doesn't mount like it used to.
    The card does not mount as network drive. It mounts as USB drive. The device itself may treat it internally as network mount, but that shouldn't be relevant (and just a speculation on my part based on comments above).

Going to reach out to BB. Getting pictures out of BlackBerry has gotten painful.
    12-23-14 11:17 AM
    Well, it works as intended here. Note that you need the drivers installed to see the Internal Storage. Link mounts the drive automatically.

If you haven't Link installed, you must have an installation process to go through first time you connect the device.
    12-23-14 11:28 AM