I have received e-mail from Dropbox, telling that they will migrate Dropbox's API from V1 to V2.
    They adviced me that I may not use Playcloud(App like genuine filemanager) after Sep.28th, because developer of Playcloud has not migrated its API for V2.

So, I am worry that genuine file manager in BB10 corresponds to this new API V2 and I can use it for dropbox aftrer Sep. 28th.

Anyone know?
    08-11-17 07:32 AM
    If I'm reading the bar file's contents in a hex editor right, the Dropbox connector is using V1 API.
    08-11-17 07:46 AM
    And so the exodus continues. That was the best app ever. So will BB10 still be able to access the DopBox through the stock file manager?
    08-11-17 07:52 AM
    Thank you, thurask. If it is true, I will be in trouble after Sep. 28th, because I use dropbox in file manager so often. Ummmmm.
    08-11-17 07:52 AM
    And so the exodus continues. That was the best app ever. So will BB10 still be able to access the DopBox through the stock file manager?
    The Connect to Dropbox connector is how the system, including the file manager, handles Dropbox connections. So no.
    08-11-17 07:54 AM
    I hope BB will update dropbox connector in future OS
    update (hopeless?)
    08-11-17 07:59 AM
    I hope BB will update dropbox connector in future OS
    update (hopeless?)
    OS updates are unlikely at best.
    08-11-17 08:04 AM
    The Connect to Dropbox connector is how the system, including the file manager, handles Dropbox connections. So no.
    Hey Thurask, I was wondering if I have X-Plore from the Google Play store installed on my Passport will I still be able to access Dropbox through that app?

***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    08-13-17 02:23 PM
    Really?!?!?! I use Dropbox every single day on my Classic/Passport.

Finding reasons beyond the keyboard for keeping BB10 is getting insane.

Might really be putting them away for good come October. :'(

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    08-13-17 02:43 PM
    Hey Thurask, I was wondering if I have X-Plore from the Google Play store installed on my Passport will I still be able to access Dropbox through that app?

If the app is using the V2 API.
    08-13-17 03:13 PM
    Damn! That hurt! I have everything on dropbox but only use it through the file manager! Will I still be able to access my files?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 04:06 PM
    Damn! That hurt! I have everything on dropbox but only use it through the file manager! Will I still be able to access my files?

Posted via CB10
    You won't lose your files, just access to them from the BB10 file manager or anything similarly ancient. Apps that use the V2 API can maintain access after September 28.
    08-13-17 04:08 PM
    You won't lose your files, just access to them from the BB10 file manager or anything similarly ancient. Apps that use the V2 API can maintain access after September 28.
    Thanks! DAMN :-(

Posted via CB10
    gaurav92 likes this.
    08-13-17 04:10 PM
    Really?!?!?! I use Dropbox every single day on my Classic/Passport.

Finding reasons beyond the keyboard for keeping BB10 is getting insane.

Might really be putting them away for good come October. :'(

Download X-Plore from the Google Play Store and your good as gold Emanuel0ss0. If you get the latest version it should work fine after said date. It actually works great and has a media player that is built in that plays just about everything. I am finding new ways to extend the life of my Passport still.

Not saying I won't switch back to my Oneplus_3t and back to my Passport repeatedly cause I can't live without it. Lol. Ongoing saga of love hate relationship. Ugh!

Last edited by The_Passporter; 08-13-17 at 05:16 PM.
    08-13-17 04:44 PM
    Download X-Plore from the Google Play Store and your good as gold Emanuel0ss0. If you get the latest version it should work fine after said date. It actually works great and has a media player that is built in that plays just about everything. I am finding new ways to extend the life of my Passport still.

Not saying I won't switch back to my Oneplus_3t and back to my Passport repeatedly cause I can't live without it. Lol. Ongoing saga of love hate relationship. Ugh!

I'll definitely look into this. Thanks for this.

08-13-17 07:35 PM

App looks like they beat with a stick! :-p
    08-13-17 10:42 PM
    App looks like they beat with a stick! :-p
    Is that cause it doesn't have big googly colorful gum ball circles that looks like a kids playground?
    08-13-17 11:07 PM
    Is that cause it doesn't have big googly colorful gum ball circles that looks like a kids playground?
    Nah just looks haggard. Most mobile app developers have really stepped up their game in the last few years or so. Maybe cause of material design? Who knows
    08-13-17 11:18 PM
    I actually just thought about this

Those of us that still have a working Link and use it to connect our home computers, will we still be able to get our Dropbox files from our computers?

Like use Link to connect to the home computer and then navigate to the Dropbox folder?

Or will Dropbox just cease supporting BlackBerry as a whole?

The_Passporter likes this.
    08-14-17 06:20 AM
    I actually just thought about this

Those of us that still have a working Link and use it to connect our home computers, will we still be able to get our Dropbox files from our computers?

Like use Link to connect to the home computer and then navigate to the Dropbox folder?

Or will Dropbox just cease supporting BlackBerry as a whole?

If you have the Dropbox folder on your home PC set up with the official Dropbox app (as you should) and visible within Link, then it should work, yes. Dropbox isn't going away, just the very old access method.
    08-14-17 07:40 AM
    If you have the Dropbox folder on your home PC set up with the official Dropbox app (as you should) and visible within Link, then it should work, yes. Dropbox isn't going away, just the very old access method.
    That's what I figured. I didn't know if they could somehow see that it was being accessed by a BlackBerry 10 device and block it.

Not really a super techy guy lol

08-14-17 08:47 AM
    I think Dropbox will not stop supporting BB10(not only but every OS). Problem is genuine "connect to Dropbox" in BB10 has not been maintained for long time and the fact that its API is V1 even now.
    We can access from BB10 device to Dropbox by using any filer app of which API is V2.
    I am seeking for good filer apps but I hope someone will implement V2 API in "connect to Dropbox"app. ( I wish I had such skill)
    Last edited by ume_kun; 08-14-17 at 10:45 AM.
    lolo9269 likes this.
    08-14-17 09:57 AM