I'm starting this thread to concentrate on one idea only; can a two-way sync be set-up between Outlook and Yahoo and then use Yahoo to synchronized with BB10. In this thread, please try to stay focused on this idea and not drift into emotions about the BB10 sync issue, the later is well covered in other threads.

For years I’ve been sharing my Yahoo email and not my Rogers email (internet provider). My Yahoo emails get sent to my Outlook PC and merged with my Rogers email in my inbox. I manage the emails there. The process works reasonable well but is one way; Outlook does not sync back to Yahoo.

Now, the interesting part is I have successfully synchronized my BB10 with Yahoo including calendars, contacts and email folders.

Therefore, if I can get my Outlook 2007 to do a two-way sync with Yahoo (email and folder changes, calendar and contact changes) I will have a temporary work around solution by synchronizing BB10 to Outlook 2007 via Yahoo, albeit a cloud type work around. Note, I am referring to a stand alone PC POP Outlook installation, and in my case it is Outlook 2007.

So far I have tried upgrading to Yahoo plus and completing the suggested steps but still no sync between Outlook 2007 and Yahoo. The link below are the suggested steps. Mail Help | - SLN3216 - Using POP with Yahoo! Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007
    I am so close I can taste it but I think I'm missing something.

Has anyone ever synchronized Outlook 2007 to Yahoo including calendars, contacts and email folders? If so could you share the steps please.
    02-10-13 05:34 PM
    Yeah, I believe this is what I did to sync e-mail between Outlook and my Yahoo account. But. I don't think it will sync Calendar, contacts and tasks. I don't think Yahoo supports Exchange ActiveSync, even Yahoo+. Check your Outlook setup for Yahoo mail and see if it has options for syncing Calendar, Contacts and tasks. It may be time to open an Outlook.com account just to sync your data, If you do, you'll need to download and install the outlook/ hotmail connector to your Outlook desktop.
    02-10-13 07:16 PM
    Yahoo Sync

I didn't get this working with outlook 2010/ Win 7( I barely tried) as its listed as for XP/Vista but try with 2007, if your on windows 7 when you download the file right click on it then use troubleshoot compatibility to install it.(tricks program to work as if your computer was XP or Vista)

Download Soocial Outlook Sync 1.2 | Address Books | Windows Downloads - Yahoo! Downloads

found this too. Good luck man.
    02-10-13 11:31 PM
    I can't comment on calendar or contacts, but if you want your yahoo to the outlook client then you need to use IMAP rather than POP.

POP literally checks your inbox and pulls the messages to your device.

IMAP in effect 'mirrors' your mailbox.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-10-13 11:52 PM
    What happens if something is changed on your phone, or on Outlook and for some reason isn't sync'd with Yahoo? Does the phone prompt you to check which is the most accurate record or do you end up with duplicates?
    02-11-13 12:08 AM
    Read this on another thread;
    Yahoo does *not* support IMAP-IDLE. Yahoo uses a proprietary protocol and it appears that they requires device manufactures to cooperate with them to make it work (for example, push using Yahoo was only introduced on the iPhone after Apple and Yahoo made a deal). Please see: Push-IMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please write to Yahoo telling them that you want them to support IMAP-IDLE or make their version of "push" available for BlackBerry 10 or you'll switch to a better email provider (Gmail, Outlook.com, etc). Consider using a service that supports push email based on open standards for email for which you need push.
    02-11-13 05:52 AM