Could I use any of the old BlackBerry phones, like the Bold or Tour as just a phone just to make calls
    01-17-19 07:25 PM
    Could I use any of the old BlackBerry phones, like the Bold or Tour as just a phone just to make calls
    Yes. But if they're on Verizon, they must already be activated and they'll stop working at the end of 2019 when the CDMA network shuts down.

(Since they don't support LTE I also wouldn't vouch for call quality...)
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-17-19 07:30 PM
    They will work on AT&T until the end of the year, and some of the newer ones may work on T-Mobile. You can't activate them on Verizon or Sprint, even if they were formerly on your account.
    01-19-19 03:18 PM
    We use a good number of T-Mobile 9900s And get full 4G data which is PLENTY of data for BlackBerry Bolds, I put mine through very high volume messages, calendar and picture send/receive and works fantastically. FYI the ATT 9900s only get EDGE on the T-Mobile network, but sounds like they'll work fine on ATT. Also FYI beware of BB phones made in Mexico or Germany have not worked for us in some cases or only get Edge. What we wouldn't give for a new generation of Bold phones!
    WES51 likes this.
    01-20-19 06:26 PM
    We use a good number of T-Mobile 9900s And get full 4G data which is PLENTY of data for BlackBerry Bolds, I put mine through very high volume messages, calendar and picture send/receive and works fantastically. FYI the ATT 9900s only get EDGE on the T-Mobile network, but sounds like they'll work fine on ATT. Also FYI beware of BB phones made in Mexico or Germany have not worked for us in some cases or only get Edge. What we wouldn't give for a new generation of Bold phones!
    They are still the best PDA/call combination devices. Great phone size, unmatched voice quality as well as many other qualities that today's 'phones' sadly no longer have.

Many (older) top execs and other (older) highly influential people are CURRENTLY still using these phones, which I account as THE reason why these devices are still supported by the networks.
    01-22-19 05:10 PM
    Hi Wes51,
    Thank you for jumping in - I'm super fascinated by your comments! How know this to be true about execs and influential people? If possible please let me know.
    Luke
    01-22-19 06:48 PM
    They are still the best PDA/call combination devices. Great phone size, unmatched voice quality as well as many other qualities that today's 'phones' sadly no longer have.

Many (older) top execs and other (older) highly influential people are CURRENTLY still using these phones, which I account as THE reason why these devices are still supported by the networks.
    Can you provide actual 2019 examples of this ?
    01-22-19 07:17 PM

BS
    01-22-19 08:15 PM
    .deleted
    01-22-19 08:16 PM
    BS
    OK
    01-22-19 08:18 PM
    OK
    Who are these top execs?
    01-22-19 08:27 PM