With the new 10.3.1, can we pin apps such as weather and clock to the main screen - similar to the widgets in Android? I don't remember seeing it on 10.3 when I had it briefly (I switched back to 10.2.1 as it wasn't working well on my Z30)
    Can anyone post a screenshot?
    10-02-14 09:56 AM
    With the new 10.3.1, can we pin apps such as weather and clock to the main screen - similar to the widgets in Android? I don't remember seeing it on 10.3 when I had it briefly (I switched back to 10.2.1 as it wasn't working well on my Z30)
    Can anyone post a screenshot?
    so... like... leaving them as active frame?!
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-02-14 10:05 AM
    so... like... leaving them as active frame?!
    No. Pinning them so they don't get closed, something both I and Kevin have been complainig about since 10.0.

You can't pin them, but Active Frames do behave differently on 10.3. First app open will remain open and remain in the first position and so on.

If you open BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter and Browser on 10.2, you end up with Active Frames in this order Browser, Twitter, LinkedIn and BBM. If you go to BBM and back to home screen, you get BBM, Browser, Twitter, LinkedIn.

On 10.3, it's always BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter and Browser. Always the order they were open. If you want BBM to be 4th frame, tap and hold on the active frame and move it there.

Not bad, I say. Your main apps can remain on the top but the rule of only 8 frames and last frame getting the shaft stays.
    10-02-14 10:05 AM
    No. But Active Frames behave differently on 10.3. First app open will remain open and remain in the first position and so on.

If you open BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter and Browser on 10.2, you end up with Active Frames in this order Browser, Twitter, LinkedIn and BBM. If you go to BBM and back to home screen, you get BBM, Browser, Twitter, LinkedIn.

On 10.3, it's always BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter and Browser. Always the order they were open. If you want BBM to be 4th frame, tap and hold on the active frame and move it there.

Not bad, I say. Your main apps can remain on the top but the rule of only 8 frames and last frame getting the shaft stays.
    Thanks for the explanation. I got it now - i wasn't looking for this - I thought I could pin it to the screen like a widget.
    10-02-14 10:11 AM
    I'm on 10.3.0.1052 and my top 4 active frames are locked unless I move them or close them, while the bottom 4 use the traditional method

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:23 AM
    You can't pin them but the apps do remain as an active frame even after a restart in 10.3
    10-02-14 01:19 PM