Is there any way that I may install. Bar files directly through my device?
    I heard of that sideswype but couldn't find it and that seemed to be limited.
    A better alternative shall be appreciated.
    Also, unable to install Sachesi into my pc, says it has some missing file Vxxxxx.dll.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-20 10:14 PM
    Is there any way that I may install. Bar files directly through my device?
    I heard of that sideswype but couldn't find it and that seemed to be limited.
    A better alternative shall be appreciated.
    Also, unable to install Sachesi into my pc, says it has some missing file Vxxxxx.dll.

Posted via CB10
    No you can't.

Use Darcy's Tools instead.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tools-956835/
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-11-20 10:15 PM
    The newest versions of Sachesi don't include visual C++ redistributable VS xx and in many cases a Win10 or win7 box may need to have this installed from Microsoft's download centre. I'm fairly certain that the older (2.02) had this package in it already and it will probably work better in cases such as yours. But like conite says, you can use Darcy's without the hassle.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-11-20 10:47 PM
    @Gordo inc,
    Sachesi 2.0.3 for Windows with vc_redist.
    You also can use Chrome or Firefox to install bar.
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 05-12-20 at 04:32 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-12-20 04:12 AM
    Well I was wondering if somebody knew any way to install bar files directly through smartphone like BlackBerry World.
    Whatever I will do it with my pc as i have been all this time.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-20 08:09 AM
    Well I was wondering if somebody knew any way to install bar files directly through smartphone like BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Not currently... at one point there was a app that would allow BAR file installation. But it worked via a remote server, which was shutdown long ago.

Using a PC is really the only option.... it is strange that your can direct install foreign apps (APKS) but not native BAR files.
    05-12-20 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not currently... at one point there was a app that would allow BAR file installation. But it worked via a remote server, which was shutdown long ago.

Using a PC is really the only option.... it is strange that your can direct install foreign apps (APKS) but not native BAR files.
    It was a nasty solution.

One had to provide full device access to an unknown remote server via VPN.

There really isn't any other way though. Which is why sideloading will remain the best solution.
    05-12-20 09:04 AM
    It was a nasty solution.
    Also didn't work half the time. It was brutal!
    05-12-20 09:43 AM
    I' not sure if I ever used it.... for me the PlayBook Chrome extension was a natural, extension of what I'd been doing on the PlayBook... to BB10. Later I did a few things with Darcy's Tools as well, and it worked great.

Back then most the BAR files I tried to install, were APKs that had to be converted on a PC to begin with anyway. I stayed away from the sites hosting BAR files or online Conversions of APKs to BARs. Because that's what most BAR files were at that point, just converted Android Apps. With direct APK installation with 10.2... sideloading wasn't needed too much.

I get that now some developers are releasing their apps outside of BBW... so sideloading is a thing again.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-12-20 11:03 AM
    The newest versions of Sachesi don't include visual C++ redistributable VS xx and in many cases a Win10 or win7 box may need to have this installed from Microsoft's download centre. I'm fairly certain that the older (2.02) had this package in it already and it will probably work better in cases such as yours. But like conite says, you can use Darcy's without the hassle.
    I have installed Sachesi using a link that conite provided. I am not sure which version it is, but in properties it says "target location 2.0.3 -Windows". I am currently on Windows 7 and the app works with no problems at all. But if I upgrade to Windows 10 (which I I may do soon), does this mean that the version I have won't work?
    05-12-20 11:53 AM
    I have installed Sachesi using a link that conite provided. I am not sure which version it is, but in properties it says "target location 2.0.3 -Windows". I am currently on Windows 7 and the app works with no problems at all. But if I upgrade to Windows 10 (which I I may do soon), does this mean that the version I have won't work?
    If it's working now in Win7, it will likely work in a Win10 environment. It's not difficult to download and install that package if needed, however. Here is a link to ALL versions: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/

* Note the description on ver 2.02 where it states "No longer requires downloading any prerequisites on Windows." That may still not be enough for Win10 and you still will have to install the windows package for VC_redist. Best bet is still the XcrazyS link as he has provided that program with 2.0.3 Sachesi preinstalled.
    saint300 likes this.
    05-12-20 12:20 PM